Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone standing on the edge of a knife waiting for that special 11th digit...

VIN.jpg

Are they really building in Texas, at least any volume? I see little proof in the drone videos. Does anyone know anyone working on the inside that can confirm?
I monitor Texas progress as well. All we know is they built unknown quantity for internal use and for tests. We may not hear anything new until they get required certifications to build cars to sell.

I do want to add my .02 regarding the rumors that giga austin will start with the LR because thats what was seen being loaded up on the truck heading out for crash testing.

My question to you is, when have you ever seen a ROUSH or a SHELBY Mustang get crash tested?

It wont happen, crash testing a mustang in similar config with cheaper accessories is just as fine from the many videos I seen.
Honestly what difference is some expensive rims or red calipers, chrome pedals and carbon fiber spoiler will offer on a crash test?

My honest opinion is that Giga Austin will produce both variables of the MY.

I have been reading all this anti tesla hate coming from the government that will make other non owners hate our brand. I am also hoping the certifications are not delayed and we see vehicles being delivered around the beginning of Q2.

I do want to add my .02 regarding the rumors that giga austin will start with the LR because thats what was seen being loaded up on the truck heading out for crash testing.

My question to you is, when have you ever seen a ROUSH or a SHELBY Mustang get crash tested?

It wont happen, crash testing a mustang in similar config with cheaper accessories is just as fine from the many videos I seen.
Honestly what difference is some expensive rims or red calipers, chrome pedals and carbon fiber spoiler will offer on a crash test?

I have been reading all this anti tesla hate coming from the government that will make other non owners hate our brand. I am also hoping the certifications are not delayed and we see vehicles being delivered around the beginning of Q2.
It could be possible. However wheels and brakes do make a difference. Different wheels have different strength limits especially when they’re sized differently. Iirc the MYP brake calipers aren’t just different color but they’re larger and offer better braking.

It could be possible. However wheels and brakes do make a difference. Different wheels have different strength limits especially when they’re sized differently. Iirc the MYP brake calipers aren’t just different color but they’re larger and offer better braking.
I have not seen them test the braked on these crash tests, as you know they get pulled with a wire to the desired speed. As far as wheels I seen steels and aluminum wheels on the crash tests. Hopefully NHTSA gets the needed paperwork completed in a timely manner.

Actually, best friend interned at Ford when they owned Jaguar. Per his direct experience in crash test, they ALWAYS take the highest spec car for crash test.

Why, because it's a 100% at list price (not cost) write-off. The downside, per this person they could not even remove the car manual from the glove box when done. Absolutely everything had to stay with the car.

I swear he called me nearly in tears the day they crash tested a brand new Jaguar XKR loaded to the hilt with everything a customer could order on it.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
With all the speculation that flies around this forum, I'm surprised no one has made the observation that the MYLR estimated delivery date has shot up significantly since deliveries started happening again last week.

MYLR - August 2022 but MYP - March

There are a lot of sad speculations out there that the MYLR will be first to the 4680, I suspect retooling Fremont and ramping up Austin could explain how deliveries jumped from JUNE 2022 to AUGUST 2022 right?

I was hoping the speculators regarding the premium MYP customers would have first Dibbs at the 4680's but I'm less hopeful now.

schedule for delivery a week from today of my AMD/Li/A/S tire MYP but hoping for announcement in next 6 days that Austin MYP's are ready to order.... long shot I know.

Reactions: curleymapper
Not to turn this into a political debate but it is the bill from the left that is trying to give us Tesla owners a $7500 tax rebate and proposing investing $5B in electric infrastructure

Tesla is neither a left or right thing....

Now....has there been anything new learned from the drone videos?

GM has no tax credit.
Ford now has fewer than 40k sales remaining until they hit 200,000.

They couldn't give GM their tax credit back without giving it to Tesla as well.
And they needed to expand the window to help Ford.

The only way to tip the scales to GM and Ford was through union rules.
And because the Mach E is made in Mexico, they had to defer any "Made in USA" rules.

And of course tif there's an MSRP limit, it has to be high because Ford and GM are going to be coming in with high-priced vehicles.