Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about some if the other things that were slipped into our minds, new colors, track mode for all 3 and y's would help with Winter driving. Double glass rear windows. But don't worry you can play games on your screen, heck, if I wanted a game consul I would buy one, I am buying a car to get me from a to b !

Not wanting to hi-jack the conversation from battery builds but I started to hear something about a new state-of-the-art painting system at Austin. Anything interesting on that? I suppose that is why it'd be nice to get some close-ups of the Austin Model Y for finish?

Nothing wrong with being optimistic about future. Also they are still on track with record deliveries. That is reality.

I would hope so with Shanghai's opening but that's a red herring.

It's more than a subtle blur between honesty and optimism. There's a notable difference between what Musk says and what is his staff is willing to say during earnings calls. Sometimes it's probably sugar coating and other times it telling the analysts what they want to hear like full autonomy by 2017, 500k production by 2018, build/sell a $25k EV, 4680 battery ramp up... There's no shortage of detached from reality anecdotes.

• Disagree
Reactions: JDL@h and WhiteWi
I would hope so with Shanghai's opening but that's a red herring.

It's more than a subtle blur between honesty and optimism. There's a notable difference between what Musk says and what is his staff is willing to say during earnings calls. Sometimes it's probably sugar coating and other times it telling the analysts what they want to hear like full autonomy by 2017, 500k production by 2018, build/sell a $25k EV, 4680 battery ramp up... There's no shortage of detached from reality anecdotes.
Like RoboTaxi with no steering wheel or pedals in 2 years.
Don't think so. Regulators all over the world will have a say.....

However, Tesla is likely to double production deliveries this year and grow those another 50-75% the following year if suppliers can keep up.
They are certainly in the catbird seat with suppliers and order volume, especially compared to any competitor.

If you read this thread, this was already posted. I know it is a lot of pages, but if you want to contribute, spend some time reading please.

If I want to contribute? Sometimes we miss the existing post due to this thread being so active. Everyone is just trying to help.

Hahaha, please don’t be an A$$!!! There is always that person. 🍻

However, Tesla is likely to double production deliveries this year and grow those another 50-75% the following year if suppliers can keep up.
They are certainly in the catbird seat with suppliers and order volume, especially compared to any competitor.
The Gov't all ready removed the steering wheel requirement for self driving vehicles

Reactions: WhiteWi and BGOwner

Oh, I'm starting to think the next year is gonna be outstanding for Tesla as all the other carmakers try to enter the EV market just as no one but Tesla can get enough lithium for their battery plants so battery prices and availability goes thru the roof.

Oh, I'm starting to think the next year is gonna be outstanding for Tesla as all the other carmakers try to enter the EV market just as no one but Tesla can get enough lithium for their battery plants so battery prices and availability goes thru the roof.
the other hidden gem is Tesla's charging network.
Once Biden's boys cave to reality and agree to subsidize Tesla Superchargers, another revenue spigot gets opened.
Won't hurt Tesla owners' access much, since again, competitors won't be delivering much for the next 18 months.

note too that Tesla still got 288M in CAFE credits revenue this last quarter. amazing. likely will continue for several quarters still.

Tesla is in a good spot, both now, and for the foreseeable future.
All they gotta do is execute. Forget the Elon fantasy product spins (he can't help himself), what they have in process will do well.

Execute...🤣 Like having roughly a one million car backlog that they aren't delivering on??

I think all carmakers are having problems.

I do have to say... some of the markups are driving folks to buy Teslas and on the flipside I've met folks at Hyundai dealers who didn't want to wait 6 months for a Model Y and were buying Ioniq 5 SEs + SELs (these were readily available).

Sales are very distorted due to availability.

I think all carmakers are having problems.

I do have to say... some of the markups are driving folks to buy Teslas and on the flipside I've met folks at Hyundai dealers who didn't want to wait 6 months for a Model Y and were buying Ioniq 5 SEs + SELs (these were readily available).

Sales are very distorted due to availability.

It's gonna get waaaaay worse. None other than CEO of Rivian recently said that the coming battery-supply crisis will make the chip shortage look like childs play. And this is from an outfit that outsourced their packs (like most everyone except Tesla).

There will be good competitive products out there from a variety of car-makers, almost all of whom can't ramp because they are classically vertically-integrated carmakers who don't actually make the pieces that go into their cars, let alone the sources of the raw materials for those pieces.

They won't be able to deliver anywhere near the volumes promised, the dealerships will screw the living crap out of the customers who are all vying for the few cars the maker can produce, and mayhem will ensue as Tesla sits there and quietly makes a million cars because they did the hard up front work to get contracts directly with the miners....

How about some if the other things that were slipped into our minds, new colors, track mode for all 3 and y's would help with Winter driving. Double glass rear windows. But don't worry you can play games on your screen, heck, if I wanted a game consul I would buy one, I am buying a car to get me from a to b !
If you just wanted a car, you wouldn’t be here speculating on whether you should hold your order waiting for the next best thing (or not in the case of 4680).

Reactions: WhiteWi
The statements just don't match with reality though. EDDs are being pushed monthly for the last 3 months. New orders have slipped to a range of 8-12 months. The white knighting by people who paid for FSD and/or Performance editions is hilarious though. Delivering within 3-4 months is NOT what a vast majority of people are experiencing.

Last edited: