Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4680 priority is the Model Y, not the semi or Cybertruck. Only after Giga-Austin is pumping out Model Y's in volume are they going to bother working to get the other two production lines open... that's straight from Elon/Tesla.

We also know they've made references to them building 4680 cars late this year with possibly delivering some in the first quarter. I doubt that will happen, but I see no reason why they won't start making 4680 cars in the Q12022 and delivering them in Q2.
From my limited knowledge, 4680 priority is for STANDARD MY with 276 miles range at present, IMO 2170 battery pack is not a deal breaker. Yes it's would take 5 mins longer to charge BUT it has 10+ yrs of production ,empirical data and reliability data.
I stop by the local Tesla showroom in Wilmington DE once in a while and IMO
(1) they know less than the people in this Tesla forum
(2) in reference to info about "no more Tesla charger accessory" after April 17 they said "April 17=delivery date", meaning even if we order cars before that date, we still don't get that
(3) Front Tesla mud flaps will be factory installed ONLY to a certain regions (heavy snow zones?)
(4) Trunk cover to hide stuff underneath won't come with MY

Since with no major competitions at present, buyers are at the mercy of Tesla... Wait until Lexus and Genesis get their sh$$$t together then that would be a different market. Too bad, I don't have time to wait. I would rather buy a Porches EV or MB EQS but out of my price range

From my limited knowledge, 4680 priority is for STANDARD MY with 276 miles range at present, IMO 2170 battery pack is not a deal breaker. Yes it's would take 5 mins longer to charge BUT it has 10+ yrs of production ,empirical data and reliability data.
I stop by the local Tesla showroom in Wilmington DE once in a while and IMO
(1) they know less than the people in this Tesla forum
(2) in reference to info about "no more Tesla charger accessory" after April 17 they said "April 17=delivery date", meaning even if we order cars before that date, we still don't get that
(3) Front Tesla mud flaps will be factory installed ONLY to a certain regions (heavy snow zones?)
(4) Trunk cover to hide stuff underneath won't come with MY

Since with no major competitions at present, buyers are at the mercy of Tesla... Wait until Lexus and Genesis get their sh$$$t together then that would be a different market. Too bad, I don't have time to wait. I would rather buy a Porches EV or MB EQS but out of my price range
1) often
2) No. Order date.
3) Basically, yes
4) You can get one on Amazon for $75. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Tesraki
The theory that they're only making a few dozen per day, and most are going to employees still makes sense.

After that my bet is early shipments to fleet buyers, and eventual rollout to the public.... when it suits them and unknown-other-conditions are met (like changes to existing MYLR, or quality levels on the texas cars, or mysterious supplies of something hit a certain volume...)

PS Can we safely laugh at all the fakers with Austin-VIN cars now?
More to the point can we mock Sawyer and Bearded Tesla Guy, who were adamant that last white MYP was real. According to their inside sources.

(2) Thanks DrGriz. I hope U are correct. Do U have facts that support your statement?
Again I hope they are wrong and U are 100% right
Have a nice day
This was stated in an email that was sent to all Tesla employees.

This was stated in an email that was sent to all Tesla employees.

Thanks BG. Now I feel better. I order my MY on March 1, so now it's a "wait and see" game

Reactions: FOD11
I would imagine the in-house testers... err "early employee deliveries of MYAWD" involve a discount in return for dogfooding the new Austin product.

My Fremont 22 MYLR has perfect panel gaps, is smooth, silent, and basically flawless.
Yes, def thinking Fremont Y is the best play for perhaps another year at least, even if the Austin long ranges come on line before that,

I just passed a full truck of new model Y’s with silver wheels on hwy 58 out of Barstow CA heading TOWARDS the Fremont factory!
I see you recently joined the forum so you may not know the proper member etiquette would be to follow the truckload of vehicles until it reaches the final destination. Or at the very least place a tracking device on the vehicle carrier.

I see you recently joined the forum so you may not know the proper member etiquette would be to follow the truckload of vehicles until it reaches the final destination. Or at the very least place a tracking device on the vehicle carrier.
Actually he did the proper forum etiquette. See something and make up the rest of the story as fact. Always works.

• Funny
Reactions: Pantha and BGOwner