Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s right, this isn’t true in the US, right now only a few countries in the EU, however I bring this up, because in the future I can see this expanded in the US.

Source:
Tesla.com/support/non-Tesla-supercharging
We all (or most) know about this in the EU, but saying it's quietly (the EU rollout has not been quiet, it's been pretty publicized) rolling out to select locations without the context of where is super misleading.

They use CCS in Europe and some places require open charging. Not saying it won't ever come to the US, because it will if Tesla wants government money (and they do), but it's not, yet.

Hyundai/Kia look like they just closed the gap, but I’m not sure about wait times (and I dislike the styling).
Saw on another thread someone say about 6 months to order what you want. Had a friend buy one (Ionic) a month ago, there was one at the dealer so she took it.....allready is complaining about some stuff she would like but wasn't on that one, but didn't want to wait.

That’s right, this isn’t true in the US right now, currently only a few countries in the EU, however I bring this up, because in the future I can see this expanded in the US, and that is relevant to know for all of us Tesla owners.

Source:
tesla.com/support/non-tesla-supercharging
Tesla is willing, and will open their Supercharger network in the US to other EV's, when the Biden Administration pays them to do so.
That is likely to happen..it's sort-of in pending legislation, but it's clear that Biden favors Union-backed entities.
Until that legislation is enacted, there's no incentive for Elon to roll over, and he's made it clear that he will not open up in the US until there's outside funding.
The EU is a different environment and Tesla is opening.
Even when it does happen in the US, the impact on availability to Tesla owners will be minimal since there are comparatively few other EV's out there in the near future.
And Tesla is expanding their SC network pretty aggressively.

Reactions: DerbyCityY
Exactly, although at this point that hasn't worked. I'm not aware of any of their stations being subsidized yet.
No, they aren't. They will have to be a common charge point to qualify for that. I think the original proposal included a Tesla adapter at the charger, but the government wanted Tesla to switch to CCS.

This is just from skimming articles about it...all of what I said could be bullshit, too.

Brad Sloan, was lucky and took a video. But no one knows where they are getting delivered lol

A couple transport trucks, perhaps 3-4 all day. Just 3 transport slots were manifested.
Likely going to employee orders, company car usage, or showrooms. But that's speculation - no one knows, and no one has claimed online to have taken receipt of an Austin MY.
No access to the new MY AWD on the Tesla configuration page as yet.

Was it actually produced? It looks like it drove away and not to the staging lot
short clip but since it came OUT of the GA2 area where all the previous MY AWD have exited, it's presumed to have been made at Austin.
as such, it would be a MY AWD. there's absolutely no evidence of any other MY variant being made at Austin.
we'll see if further MSM cars come out to verify that color is now in production at Austin.
the clip did not reveal a red caliper or rear spolier, so it was not a MYP.

How about someone follows one of these trucks? They see them on their drones, have a companion follow the truck when it leaves Tesla. You want to make news, report where these are headed.

To the member who saw a truckload headed west on 58 in CA, was the trailer red? I’ve seen a lot in CA heading south on 5 and don’t recall any having red trailers. These look brand new and likely built specifically for Tesla Austin.

Reactions: rishid
How about someone follows one of these trucks? They see them on their drones, have a companion follow the truck when it leaves Tesla. You want to make news, report where these are headed.

To the member who saw a truckload headed west on 58 in CA, was the trailer red? I’ve seen a lot in CA heading south on 5 and don’t recall any having red trailers. These look brand new and likely built specifically for Tesla Austin.
Does Tesla own the transporters, or just hire them.
I'm inclined to think the latter.
Seems silly to own them when there are so many transporter entities already out there. Colors are mixed for the ones out of Fremont.

Does Tesla own the transporters, or just hire them.
I'm inclined to think the latter.
Seems silly to own them when there are so many transporter entities already out there. Colors are mixed for the ones out of Fremont.
Tesla owns some, but not all of what they use. (I'm pretty sure that they bought a small transport company a long time back.) They are always complaining about a lack of available transports/drivers...

Tesla owns some, but not all of what they use. (I'm pretty sure that they bought a small transport company a long time back.) They are always complaining about a lack of available transports/drivers...
I'm sure they own some, since they do alot of vehicle transport between Fremont and Lathrop for a variety of reasons.
Outside of that, I'm inclined to think they hire most transport rather than own.

Are still people holding their order for Austin delivery? To know my August delivery date will get further delayed if holds are released

Since we've not even reached the point where Austin ships the lower range MYAWD to the public, "waiting" for Austin MYLR feels pretty impractical given Tesla is now only allowing a single one-time hold per reservation...