Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y matrix headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

I have a U.K. Tesla Model Y dual motorb
A2E0E52D-AA56-4450-AD03-20787182989B.jpeg
which I collected in December and am very happy with. Tesla have told me that matrix lights will be provided using an over the air update. Does anyone know if I have the correct lights fitted to “matrix”. Thanks!

Matrix lights are physical hardware. If you don’t have them, a software update won’t help. I think you are asking if fully functional adaptive headlights can be enabled with a software update. You will need Matrix headlights to use adaptive lighting. You can check to see if you have the matrix headlights by looking for a round circular lens in the outboard position of the housing.

Upvote 0
Tesla have told me that matrix lights will be provided using an over the air update. Does anyone know if I have the correct lights fitted to “matrix”. Thanks!
I think you are asking if fully functional adaptive headlights can be enabled with a software update.
I’m pretty sure the OP is asking whether he has the correct physical headlights from the picture he provided. This post is a decent comparison of the two types. It looks like you have the Matrix version.

Upvote 0
I have a Model Y long range delivered September 22, built in China for the UK, VIN C402... Just realised it has matrix headlights (checked that it shows "Tesla" during the light show!) but it doesn't appear to do individual pixel dimming when the headlights are on. Does anyone know if this is deliberate or will come via an OTA update, given that the hardware is in place. Is my car an exception to the rule?

Upvote 0