Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance vs. GV60...Drag!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt that because why not making it requires no button press if the car can do back to back unlimited sprints without any performance degradation?
Again, every review I’ve seen says they’ve always been able to get the boost power whenever they’ve wanted. I’ve seen pretty much all of the reviews as I had my name on the waitlist. I eventually just ended up getting en EV6 but I don’t doubt that Hyundai has built a pretty great power train battery combo.

I’m not a fan of how they implemented their dual motor setup with the clutch packs engaging / disengaging the front motors. I feel it’s a bit laggy that way compared to Teslas solution but can’t deny that the GV60 seems like a great alternative.

Reactions: tm1v2
Are they not selling every one they make? I don't know of any EVs, regardless of manufacturer, that sit on lots (except when they were under recalls... Bolt/Mach-E)
I’m pretty sure they sell every EV6 and Ioniq 5 they make. We were looking at getting either (but preferred the EV6) and while the dealers all advertised that they had them on the lots, none of them actually did (the cars were “in-transit”) and there was at least $10k “market value” added to the price of them (we looked in the Scottsdale and the Austin areas). And THAT’s why we decided to go with the used MYP.

Reactions: Daekwan
I’m pretty sure they sell every EV6 and Ioniq 5 they make. We were looking at getting either (but preferred the EV6) and while the dealers all advertised that they had them on the lots, none of them actually did (the cars were “in-transit”) and there was at least $10k “market value” added to the price of them (we looked in the Scottsdale and the Austin areas). And THAT’s why we decided to go with the used MYP.
Yeah….let’s pay the markup on those vehicle instead of getting a brand new ..,.Tesla? I can see why sales are falling.

Yeah….let’s pay the markup on those vehicle instead of getting a brand new ..,.Tesla? I can see why sales are falling.

The EV6 and Ioniq 5 have lower sales due to supply. It sells every unit it makes and there are long waitlists even without a tax credit. Its a royal pain to try and get one of these cars. I had to try for 5 months and if you check inventory, there are always cars until you actually try to get one. its all spoken for and that inventory number is completely fake.

Try driving one...they are extremely nice to drive and have extremely nice suspension tuning for crossovers. The platform has won numerous awards across the globe and deserve every accolade.

The EV6 and Ioniq 5 have lower sales due to supply. It sells every unit it makes and there are long waitlists even without a tax credit. Its a royal pain to try and get one of these cars. I had to try for 5 months and if you check inventory, there are always cars until you actually try to get one. its all spoken for and that inventory number is completely fake.

Try driving one...they are extremely nice to drive and have extremely nice suspension tuning for crossovers. The platform has won numerous awards across the globe and deserve every accolade.
I agree that competitions a good thing. Many have to understand what I mean by the issues with the charging stations that many owners have had turning them away from the these brands ultimately.

I agree that competitions a good thing. Many have to understand what I mean by the issues with the charging stations that many owners have had turning them away from the these brands ultimately.
Charging stations were definitely the reason I went Tesla, that was the deciding factor over the Mach-E since I needed a road trip car (this was also 18months ago, so the difference was even larger back then).

Still, I'm glad there's competition, I do wish the American companies (other than Tesla) would step their game up. Hyundai/Genesis are putting out some competitive vehicles.

The boost button on the GV60 could be a little awkward, but I leave my MY in sport mode because I want the power when I need it. I'd prefer to leave it in chill because that's honestly how I drive, but the few occasions I want a sensitive pedal, I need it instantly so I leave it in sport. I guess thats a roundabout way of saying I understand the boost button, but I'd prefer a switch, like push it once to activate, and push it again to turn it off. Nothing an OTA update couldnt fix though.

Now that I think about it, Tesla could do that too, I'd be content with a button on the bottom of the display in the app dock to switch between sport and chill, but I think I'm in the minority so I dont expect Tesla to actually do that. I can live with it the way it is... full time sport for me.

Reactions: 1plavs
Charging stations were definitely the reason I went Tesla, that was the deciding factor over the Mach-E since I needed a road trip car (this was also 18months ago, so the difference was even larger back then).

Still, I'm glad there's competition, I do wish the American companies (other than Tesla) would step their game up. Hyundai/Genesis are putting out some competitive vehicles.

The boost button on the GV60 could be a little awkward, but I leave my MY in sport mode because I want the power when I need it. I'd prefer to leave it in chill because that's honestly how I drive, but the few occasions I want a sensitive pedal, I need it instantly so I leave it in sport. I guess thats a roundabout way of saying I understand the boost button, but I'd prefer a switch, like push it once to activate, and push it again to turn it off. Nothing an OTA update couldnt fix though.
Agree! I’m in a cold state so Chill is my preference, BUT while there have been occasions I wish I had it in Sport to avoid collisions etc….it still serves me well.

Really good content from Hagerty.
This race is fair in my opinion because all the cars are on the same circuit in the same weather conditions. You cannot compare your 1/4 mile time because the conditions are different for proof I have already seen a gv60 performance do the 1/4mile in 11.9s in other conditions.

Tesla's markups are baked right into the MSRP, one benefit of a direct sales model. The Model Y LR went from $48,990 at the start of 2021 to $65,990 by June, that is the dealer markup. The Performance went from $60,990 to $69,990.

Hyundai/Kia/Genesis are doing great things these days

Tesla's markups are baked right into the MSRP, the benefit of a direct sales model. The Model Y LR has gone from $48,990 at the start of 2021 to $65,990 by June 2022, that is the dealer markup.

Hyundai/Kia/Genesis are doing great things these days
This is my 2nd Tesla. The first one was a ‘21 MYLR and when I was sold it I made roughly a $15k profit so I upgraded to the MYP. All together with both cars Tesla gave me $20k play money to take it and run or stay with their brand. I obviously decided to stay.

Report back when Hyundai/Kia/Genesis comes close to that.

If you wish to share this info, what charging locafions do you charge at (Electrify America etcc), what is the charging speed and if you travel long distances often. Oh and what the immediate success rate has been at these charging stations when you pull in.

• Disagree
Reactions: Daekwan
This is my 2nd Tesla. The first one was a ‘21 MYLR and when I was sold it I made roughly a $15k profit so I upgraded to the MYP. All together with both cars Tesla gave me $20k play money to take it and run or stay with their brand. I obviously decided to stay.

Report back when Hyundai/Kia/Genesis comes close to that.

If you wish to share this info, what charging locafions do you charge at (Electrify America etcc), what is the charging speed and if you travel long distances often. Oh and what the immediate success rate has been at these charging stations when you pull in.
You can be sure there are people who flipped Ioniqs for big profits during this car market craziness, but that shouldn't be expected, has nothing to do with the manufacturer/brand, and isn't sustainable. We're exiting what was probably the most insane period for cars in the history of cars, thank god.

You're being real defensive here, competition benefits all of us as consumers and Hyundai/Kia/Genesis should be commended for bringing it.

You can be sure there are people who flipped Ioniqs for big profits during this car market craziness, but that shouldn't be expected, has nothing to do with the manufacturer/brand, and isn't sustainable. We're exiting what was probably the most insane period for cars in the history of cars, thank god.

You're being real defensive here, competition benefits all of us as consumers and Hyundai/Kia/Genesis should be commended for bringing it.
I’m being factual. Look if you don’t want to admit Tesla is much bigger then all of the EV’s combined you must be ….dumb.

Really good content from Hagerty.
This race is fair in my opinion because all the cars are on the same circuit in the same weather conditions. You cannot compare your 1/4 mile time because the conditions are different for proof I have already seen a gv60 performance do the 1/4mile in 11.9s in other conditions.
Not really. They did not disclose the SoC of each cars which directly impact the performance as well as the slower time that I’ve seen so far for the MYP.

Just to compare stats I combined test results for GV60 Performance and MYP from Car and Driver:
1664075620180.png

Acceleration numbers are very close. GV60 is faster bellow 30mph and Tesla is faster above 30-40mph.
Tesla has way better roadholding and braking results.
GV60 has softer, more comfortable but less sporty suspension.