Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw on facebook Tesla Model Y Canadian group, it’s mentioned the observed range was close to 285km. Quite a delta from the advertised 394km. Does the car take time to calibrate or was it excited/spirited driving!
That shouldn’t be the case because many other countries have this model for long time now and most of the people there getting about 400kms as per youtube reviews!

Reactions: Esan na
Can you share the post???
Not sure if it’s ok to post the link here, I’m a newbie here. Here’s the detail:

Started at 100% at delivery. Drove all weekend. Took a trip out to Squamish. Mostly highway driving. Started charging at 18% today. Odometer reading said I drove 233km since delivery.
With the 18% left, I could maybe get 50km extra, so around 285km per charge. Keep in mind that I was mostly highway driving. City driving with regen would for sure be way longer range per charge.

Not sure if it’s ok to post the link here, I’m a newbie here. Here’s the detail:

Started at 100% at delivery. Drove all weekend. Took a trip out to Squamish. Mostly highway driving. Started charging at 18% today. Odometer reading said I drove 233km since delivery.
With the 18% left, I could maybe get 50km extra, so around 285km per charge. Keep in mind that I was mostly highway driving. City driving with regen would for sure be way longer range per charge.
I'm not sure where he started the trip but assuming he/she is from Metro Vancouver, it's generally an uphill drive towards Squamish. It could be that he/she wasn't able to efficiently utilize the regenerative braking headed back.

This RWD listed on May30, gated time May13, AP hardware only shows AP.
This confirms the AP is just trying to disguise HW3 as the latest hardware.
Anyone who doesn’t need a car immediately should put their order on hold and wait for a HW4 build, however I must say shanghai usually don’t get latest upgrades until a few month after fremont and texas.
Does anyone know if canada get their model y LR from fremont or austin? Might be able to order a LR to get hw4

This RWD listed on May30, gated time May13, AP hardware only shows AP.
This confirms the AP is just trying to disguise HW3 as the latest hardware.
Anyone who doesn’t need a car immediately should put their order on hold and wait for a HW4 build, however I must say shanghai usually don’t get latest upgrades until a few month after fremont and texas.
Does anyone know if canada get their model y LR from fremont or austin? Might be able to order a LR to get hw4

All MYLR and MYP to Canada have come from Fremont. Never from Austin.

Yup I am really hoping the real world range is close to 394km or higher. Would love that! Thanks for clarifying, definitely makes me feel better
Remember too that the 394 kms is EPA rated. Now I don't know exactly what the EPA does but, I believe it's based on real world driving in the US. Many states have 75 mph speed limits and I've even heard of 85 mph in some places. Sorry but, gas, diesel or electric, your range is gonna suck at those speeds. Anytime you exceed 110 kms, mileage drops fast. Cruising in Canada at 100-110 kms hopefully will beat those EPA estimates, at least in non mountainous areas.

Remember too that the 394 kms is EPA rated. Now I don't know exactly what the EPA does but, I believe it's based on real world driving in the US. Many states have 75 mph speed limits and I've even heard of 85 mph in some places. Sorry but, gas, diesel or electric, your range is gonna suck at those speeds. Anytime you exceed 110 kms, mileage drops fast. Cruising in Canada at 100-110 kms hopefully will beat those EPA estimates, at least in non mountainous areas.
I agree with your assessments. As you can see from the attached energy consumption vs speed graph for various Tesla models, consumption rate increases rapidly as you exceed 100km/h

Graph attached

Attachments

• IMG_0355.png
    IMG_0355.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 83