Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try calling them. I am going to pick mine up but according to some older posts here many pages back you can have someone else collect it. They said it had required an email but idk what else (hence the recommendation to call them). Hopes this helps.
Thanks. Was hoping they would give me a positive answer in writing, in case my daughter has a problem picking up on the day, but nothing so far. I’ll try ringing them but abroad and don’t fancy 30 mins on hold! Wish I could pick it up in person too!

🙋🏻‍♂️ That was me.

I (I mean my wife) composed a letter giving permission for me to collect it on her behalf (attaching both our driving licences). Then I (I mean she) signed it and I emailed it to Tesla. Got a reply back a week or so later saying it was ok. Confirmed it when they called me day before yesterday. Pick up in 4 days time.
Brilliant thanks - I’ll try that too, pick up in 2 weeks 🤞

Reactions: Pete UK
Think I prefer the idea of my delivery to the door on the 2nd March. 1000 cars in one day sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, especially if you have had a long journey to get there.

Also asked about the tow hitch today when we were in Glasgow. Told they still don’t have any info on cost/complexity to fit. M3 was £1300 but they had no wiring. They need to investigate if the wiring is already in place on MY but hadn’t been able to do this yet as the car had just arrived. Expecting more info in next couple of weeks.
I spoke to Tesla service on the tow bar and they said to raise a service request in the app once you have the car. Advised fit time was within one to two weeks and all straight forward as just a case of removing the cover and fitting the bar - we’ll see.

I spoke to Tesla service on the tow bar and they said to raise a service request in the app once you have the car. Advised fit time was within one to two weeks and all straight forward as just a case of removing the cover and fitting the bar - we’ll see.
Mmmm. As I understand it the bar is already there it is just the towball which is bespoke and software enablement.

Reactions: Georgeinrhu
Same here, ordered on the 15th Oct and turned down a delivery on 19th Feb. Tesla CS told me that I will receive notification on 18th or 19th Feb for a delivery in March. We shall see!
Same here, Day 1 order - zilch - no estimated delivery - nothing - it’s radio silence - it’s as if we are on the naughty step. CS have said this week we should hear something - I will be surprised if we do. Unless they have not started allocating second boat. I saw many people getting allocations for the last week <- unless these are from the 1st boat 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: roadcred
The vin allocation is always random. Loosely based on spec and collection location. I’m collecting from Newcastle, so far fewer cars heading that way. Tesla HATE spending money. They will shift what is convenient for them, not the customer. Still get over 30% margin, despite annoying a lot of customers.

Hi everyone,

So this is all my opinion following my test drive this morning…..it is a bit disappointing:

Test drive location: Birmingham
Test drive config: All black MY, Gemini Wheels - Front only double glazed, AMD chip, no heated window wipers, no parcel shelf
VIN: LRWYHCEK8MC195xxx

What I liked:
Still has the pick up feel of a tesla
Definitely big enough for a family of 4
Way better driving position as well as entry and exit heights than the M3.

What I disliked:
Rattles!!!!! - This demo vehicle rattled worse than my awful Vauxhall Crossland X rental car. Honestly: Passenger side door had a rattle, somewhere around the passenger sun visor had a rattle and the back seats had a rattle…WTF! Spoke with the Rep and he said well these cars have been battered by demoing them, in which I replied “I am driving a rental car mate, nothing gets battered more than a rental car and it has got a single rattle!”
Turning Circle: I know the M3 has its limitations but the extra length of the Y really exaggerated the very poor turning circle - My wife is going to hate this.
Suspension - I was on Gemini’s which after speaking with the other test drive customer who had the red on induction wheels sounds like a blessing - he had a M3 on 19”s and said the ride is definitely worse - his son did not like it at all
Heat pump - Having had an M3 for 2 months back in 2019 I did not know how much noise a heat pump made - very disappointed in this.

And the notorious: Lack of parcel - My god if ever a car needed a parcel shelf it is this one. Only people with Dog babies could disagree with having one fitted. The amount of boom from the open back with the added glass roof is really exaggerated as every rear suspension bang and knock is heard. Seriously I cannot believe it hasn’t got one already - it is going to be the first accessory I buy - Note: Rep said to me that it is part of the minimalistic look….Sod off!

So all in all I am now a little less excited about Saturday I am afraid. I hope the 2022 cars address some of my frustrations and that we are able to some how get an official parcel shelf fitted.

Cheers

Attachments

• 8A342D2D-3CA5-414D-9B26-471E8A0E4323.jpeg
    8A342D2D-3CA5-414D-9B26-471E8A0E4323.jpeg
    954.8 KB · Views: 95
  • E27196C3-6E16-402D-BD66-E18E3C817719.jpeg
    E27196C3-6E16-402D-BD66-E18E3C817719.jpeg
    321.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 5D253377-3CB9-46BE-B0FF-700BAD60E4F9.jpeg
    5D253377-3CB9-46BE-B0FF-700BAD60E4F9.jpeg
    727.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 52CEA25F-6F12-425A-BEC9-FC82E4E6A849.jpeg
    52CEA25F-6F12-425A-BEC9-FC82E4E6A849.jpeg
    791.4 KB · Views: 54
  • E9C40378-3206-49B5-BC3D-0E12BEEB89F4.jpeg
    E9C40378-3206-49B5-BC3D-0E12BEEB89F4.jpeg
    814.5 KB · Views: 52
  • A9F911FF-EEE7-4553-9F63-769EA7B6856D.jpeg
    A9F911FF-EEE7-4553-9F63-769EA7B6856D.jpeg
    457.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 766E66DC-F281-4176-9600-62718047C45E.jpeg
    766E66DC-F281-4176-9600-62718047C45E.jpeg
    552.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 14C20B2A-D038-462C-9775-E083BA1A5488.jpeg
    14C20B2A-D038-462C-9775-E083BA1A5488.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 8102A75B-4501-46E3-8A8F-3C0CF2B5B594.jpeg
    8102A75B-4501-46E3-8A8F-3C0CF2B5B594.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 9D638665-2640-4ECC-93BA-22A3E1ABBF10.jpeg
    9D638665-2640-4ECC-93BA-22A3E1ABBF10.jpeg
    654.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Reactions: hokkaidoblue
Hi everyone,

So this is all my opinion following my test drive this morning…..it is a bit disappointing:

Test drive config: All black MY, Gemini Wheels - Front only double glazed, AMD chip, no heated window wipers, no parcel shelf

What I liked:

What I disliked:
Rattles!!!!! - This demo vehicle rattled worse than my awful Vauxhall Crossland X rental car. Honestly: Passenger side door had a rattle, somewhere around the passenger sun visor had a rattle and the back seats had a rattle…WTF! Spoke with the Rep and he said well these cars have been battered by demoing them, in which I replied “I am driving a rental car mate, nothing gets battered more than a rental car and it has got a single rattle!”
Turning Circle: I know the M3 has its limitations but the extra length of the Y really exaggerated the very poor turning circle - My wife is going to hate this.
Suspension - I was on Gemini’s which after speaking with the other test drive customer who had the red on induction wheels sounds like a blessing - he had a M3 on 19”s and said the ride is definitely worse - his son did not like it at all
Heat pump - Having had an M3 for 2 months back in 2019 I did not know how much noise a heat pump made - very disappointed in this.

And the notorious: Lack of parcel - My god if ever a car needed a parcel shelf it is this one. Only people with Dog babies could disagree with having one fitted. The amount of boom from the open back with the added glass roof is really exaggerated as every rear suspension bang and knock is heard. Seriously I cannot believe it hasn’t got one already - it is going to be the first accessory I buy - Note: Rep said to me that it is part of the minimalistic look….Sod off!

So all in all I am now a little less excited about Saturday I am afraid. I hope the 2022 cars address some of my frustrations and that we are able to some how get an official parcel shelf fitted.

Cheers
Have you cancelled your order?

Hi everyone,

What I liked:

What I disliked:

Cheers
Reading this makes me tempted to cancel and opt for a 2nd hand Model X.....
Planning to upgrade the Y to a refreshed X eventually anyway.

Reactions: ylexus and Maplepho
Hi everyone,

What I liked:

What I disliked:

Cheers
That picture of the boot without a parcel shelf (I know) is seriously odd - how did they think that was normal. I’ll order an aftermarket one but just weird

In the Model 3 with the seats down there is rather a large increase in sound, this was less in the Y but I believe the test car I was in had the extra glass on the rear windows. It seems strange to provide them as test drives and then switch them with the delivered cars.

Hi everyone,

What I liked:

What I disliked:

Cheers
Love that he said “these cars have been battered” with 173 miles on the clock