Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just got off a Live Chat with Esure. Currently have a 2020 BMW X5 30d. They said the model Y isn’t on their system yet but it should be soon. They are using the model X 75D as the comparison car. Been quoted £91.01 to swap over including £26 admin fee. Policy runs out in July.

They will produce a manual insurance certificate showing Model Y long range. Online portal will show the car as Model X 75D until the MY is on their system
I was told by esure you have to drive the car for 12 months before they'll quote.

Any of you collecting at Bluewater on the 12th?
I’ve just got off a Live Chat with Esure. Currently have a 2020 BMW X5 30d. They said the model Y isn’t on their system yet but it should be soon. They are using the model X 75D as the comparison car. Been quoted £91.01 to swap over including £26 admin fee. Policy runs out in July.

They will produce a manual insurance certificate showing Model Y long range. Online portal will show the car as Model X 75D until the MY is on their system
Was on the phone with A-Plan (my current insurer) and they have the MY on the system but are not getting any quotes back yet from over 30 suppliers. Assume others are having the same issue with various insurance companies?

My insurer (esure) said the car was beyond their risk tolerance so cancelled the policy waiving the fee. I went with Direct Line in the end - not the cheapest but reasonable excess.
I've set up a change from my M3 to MY for the 17th March with Admiral. Did it online today. I was able to add the reg number even though there was no look up to DVLC yet. Only cost £20 for the change.

I was told by esure you have to drive the car for 12 months before they'll quote.
I was with Esure for the model 3. I did tell them about the issue when I called back in January. Called again a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't about to take last minute chances for todays collection since I already had a favourable quote from Admiral. Being they are unable to insure it, Im getting some money back and more importantly no cancellation charges!

I would advise anyone in the same boat to do what I did since last minute quotes are more often than not very favourable.

Got a text for collection saying the car would have 30% guaranteed charge, need to drive 150miles back, the collection site has superchargers do I need to set it as the destination to enable the pre-conditioning for faster charging?

Got a text for collection saying the car would have 30% guaranteed charge, need to drive 150miles back, the collection site has superchargers do I need to set it as the destination to enable the pre-conditioning for faster charging?
In my experience, and others report this too... the logic and range calculation going on behind the scenes for preconditioning doesn't always make a positive difference. It uses lots of energy, and there are so many variables at play. Often you may find that preconditioning saves you 5-10 minutes but leaves you out of pocket a few more pennies, and sometimes you will find by doing the sums retrospectively that it cost you more money and didn't save you any time (charge speed limited on the charger side, temperature etc.)

Often taking a bit of a risk on going further to the 'next' supercharger makes more sense than preconditioning.

Reactions: kcrane
Has anyone got any experience with "AnyVan"? I had a text from them last night saying that my MYLR would be delivered between 8:15 and 12:15 - no sign of the car so far and Tesla weren't helpful at all when I spoke to them. AnyVan have just hung up on me when I tried calling them.
Did you get your delivery? I've had the same AnyVan text message about my car delivery tomorrow.

• Funny
Reactions: Rooster6655

Sounds like I got some duff info from the advisor I spoke to (or things have changed in the last week or so) but good it's worked out better for you

Reactions: Adam1983
Could I just ask how did you know what was supposed to be included in your car purchase? I can't seem to find a detailed specification on the Model Y.
I didn't realise until my partner pointed it out (our other car is a Model 3 so that came with it). You'll get a gen 2 mobile charger in a black bag, type 2 cable (blue) and roadside safety kit in a red bag. If any of those are missing, then ask for them at pick up. Hope helpful.

Did you get your delivery? I've had the same AnyVan text message about my car delivery tomorrow.
I've just had a text From AnyVan - delivery between 13:00 and 17:00 tomorrow. Slightly nervous after googling and reading about damage on cars from how loaded/ moved and unhelpful/ late drivers literally dumping you a car, telling you to sign but not able to tell you what you're signing for....