Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HaHaHaHa! Actually, I have had several blue cars. Usually my first choice. I even had a yellow 320 resprayed Lapis Blue. Only had Ione red car, a TR6 in Pimento.
So, I'm risking the red multi coat with white interior. This might prove to be unwise over time because She who must be obeyed prefers the blue!😱 Oh yes, and she is not to keen on the white interior. What have I done!!!!
The red paint is lovely, the multicoat gives it a real depth, and it’s a perfect tone of red, not garish like all the Vauxhall, Ford etc reds. Also looked far nicer than my dad’s red Merc E class!

I’d say red with white is the second most perfect spec, my old M3:

195B64C6-E0A7-4405-8FE1-B6FCE1A6C1D8.jpeg

Reactions: Wattsisname
The red paint is lovely, the multicoat gives it a real depth, and it’s a perfect tone of red, not garish like all the Vauxhall, Ford etc reds. Also looked far nicer than my dad’s red Merc E class!

View attachment 790338
Nice! Not so old either. So, you are on your second Tes? Or did you also have an S?
I fell headlong for the S in 2015 but found it a little challenging because of my height .... Oh yes, and a little to pricy for me. I might have gone for a used one but I can't reconcile the price with the age and mileage at present.

Nice! Not so old either. So, you are on your second Tes? Or did you also have an S?
I fell headlong for the S in 2015 but found it a little challenging because of my height .... Oh yes, and a little to pricy for me. I might have gone for a used one but I can't reconcile the price with the age and mileage at present.
Yes this is my second Tesla, the Model S always seemed too pricey for me, although, if I'd realised the extent of the fuel, tax and servicing savings back then (and also the residuals on them) it may have actually been in budget!

Model Y is just amazing though, I'm loving it more every day! I could swear that the ride was softer today, maybe the milder temps, especially over night not going below 11C meant that the tyres and dampers are softer. I also averaged under 300 wh/mile today for the first time.

View attachment 790338

Agree, the red is really nice, I currently have a red M3 and it looks great. I chose blue for the MY though as I think it suits the car better. Very subjective of course, but having seen neither blue or red “in the metal“ (our test drive was a black MY) it’s a bit of a punt based on photos I’ve seen on here and elsewhere on the web.

Agree, the red is really nice, I currently have a red M3 and it looks great. I chose blue for the MY though as I think it suits the car better. Very subjective of course, but having seen neither blue or red “in the metal“ (our test drive was a black MY) it’s a bit of a punt based on photos I’ve seen on here and elsewhere on the web.
I do prefer the blue, but then the majority of my cars have been blue. I did originally order a blue M3, but then that red one came up on the inventory and I pulled the trigger on a whim.

The blue is two colours really, on a dull day it’s Navy, but when the sun comes out it’s a lovely royal blue.

Perhaps they will offer us a free 20" upgrade to shift those cars! And maybe porcine aviation is possible!!🙄

Yes, stay with Bluewater. Video-wise, check out RSymonds . He is a English second hand Tesla dealer and quite good in a very English secondhand car dealer way. He recently collected a MY at Southampton ( his business is at NewMilton so nearby) and has made vids on the collection procedure and a 1k mile review. Also, he was reversed in to while parked but sentry mode captured it all.😀
Yup seen this already. Loved his vids. Quite authentic and like his style.

View attachment 790338
Tesla red looks great in sunlight and showroom. I'm just too cheap to pay for it :)

Model Y is just amazing though, I'm loving it more every day! I could swear that the ride was softer today, maybe the milder temps, especially over night not going below 11C meant that the tyres and dampers are softer. I also averaged under 300 wh/mile today for the first time.
I'm hugely impressed with the MY too. The ride is fine after I was primed for the worst after reading various shallow reviews (were the press cars faulty or just the hacks?). I actually prefer driving it to our M3, which was a bit of a surprise. I knew it would be more practical, but expected the drive to be a little less fun. So the M3 is about to go in favour of a second MY!

Reactions: teaston
I'm hugely impressed with the MY too. The ride is fine after I was primed for the worst after reading various shallow reviews (were the press cars faulty or just the hacks?). I actually prefer driving it to our M3, which was a bit of a surprise. I knew it would be more practical, but expected the drive to be a little less fun. So the M3 is about to go in favour of a second MY!
Yes the Model Y really handles amazingly, absolutely incredible for an SUV!

And yes, the red paint is too expensive, but I did get most, if not all of that cost back at trade in.

Too pricy even🙄
Yes the Model Y really handles amazingly, absolutely incredible for an SUV!

And yes, the red paint is too expensive, but I did get most, if not all of that cost back at trade in.
I read somewhere that the red do well at trade in and second hand values as do the blue cars though I am not counting on it. Who knows how the supply and demand equation will look in three years. The wider EV market should start to evolve more rapidly but I imagine Tesla will enjoy good brand loyalty up to a (price) point.

I do prefer the blue, but then the majority of my cars have been blue. I did originally order a blue M3, but then that red one came up on the inventory and I pulled the trigger on a whim.

The blue is two colours really, on a dull day it’s Navy, but when the sun comes out it’s a lovely royal blue.
Best of both worlds here :cool:

IMG_3605 (1).jpg