Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
put my own number plate on the car which is a HP business purchase

I think that is very likely (but you need to check with them to be sure)

Is it recommended to sort this only after getting the car?

Tesla won't do it (ie.. personal plates onto a brand new car)

I didn’t even consider Tesla might make the plates for me so worth asking them!

my advice: don't bother! Tesla Reg Plate holder is a horrendous looks-like-a-bolt-on. Get some stick on plates instead - mine came from One Stop Number Plates - you can then choose whether you want the green "eco" vertical bar / GB foreign-travel mnemonic, a union-flag etc. (Pretty sure there is a thread on here about number plate suppliers)

I think that is very likely (but you need to check with them to be sure)

Tesla won't do it (ie.. personal plates onto a brand new car)

my advice: don't bother! Tesla Reg Plate holder is a horrendous looks-like-a-bolt-on. Get some stick on plates instead - mine came from One Stop Number Plates - you can then choose whether you want the green "eco" vertical bar / GB foreign-travel mnemonic, a union-flag etc. (Pretty sure there is a thread on here about number plate suppliers)
I am looking forward to resuming both short motor trips to France and more extensive touring on the mainland. I only recently learned that we can no longer have GB plates but must now have "UK" for foreign travel. This change might also require a return to a black on white sticker at the rear.

I'll not stray too😇 deep into politics except to say that I will miss the "GB" surrounded by the stars of Europe just as I bemoan our isolationist choice.
Still, on the upside, we gained £350 million a day for the NHS............didn't we?🤨 They definitely banged up the wrong Boris...

• Funny
Reactions: QuanTim
I only recently learned that we can no longer have GB plates but must now have "UK" for foreign travel

Thanks ... I knew that, have a couple on desk here (ready for next time) and still typed GB from force of habit ...

The Stick on Number plate people offer either on the end of the plate (and a bunch of other imagery)

By the by, worth getting some UK stickers (dirt cheap from Amazon). When we went to Ireland absolutely noone at the port in Holyhead (the shop there, none of the forecourts, none of the supermarkets - tried them all) had any "UK" stickers. When we went to France I did get some at the AA shop at Folkestone, but I don't suppose they were cheap ... so I've bought some from Amazon to store in the first aid kit in the car so I know where they are!

They definitely banged up the wrong Boris..

One of those words they have in common ...

• Funny
Reactions: Wattsisname
Thanks ... I knew that, have a couple on desk here (ready for next time) and still typed GB from force of habit ...

The Stick on Number plate people offer either on the end of the plate (and a bunch of other imagery)

By the by, worth getting some UK stickers (dirt cheap from Amazon). When we went to Ireland absolutely noone at the port in Holyhead (the shop there, none of the forecourts, none of the supermarkets - tried them all) had any "UK" stickers. When we went to France I did get some at the AA shop at Folkestone, but I don't suppose they were cheap ... so I've bought some from Amazon to store in the first aid kit in the car so I know where they are!

One of those words they have in common ...
You don’t need to use the UK sticker for Ireland.

I’ll likely be going with Admiral or Direct Line depending on who is cheaper on the day like-for-like.

I’d prefer LV but it seems they’re an extra £200 and they demand a tracker fitted too which is too rich for my blood.

Did you call LV to clarify this?

My M3 is insured via LV. I called them about the tracker requirement when I first set up the policy. They told me that the on board Tesla tracking capability (via the app) was sufficient for them, I didn’t need to install anything else.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Just had an update from Zenith saying delivery late July. Realistically I think this means I am looking at an August/September delivery. Anyone else ordered a MYLR Midnight Sliver, 20in in early April? What EDD do you have?
Same except I’ve ordered All Black with 20in wheels. Think my last update email said Mid July. I think this may change once cars get seen to be loaded onto ships in Shanghai. 🤞 hoping it’s brought forward as my original email states early June

Shame they don’t let you see the EDD in the app…
Estimated Delivery Date.jpg