Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah right - yeah that was my moan. When you lease (well at least through Zenith but would expect it is probably the same with other lease companies) you can’t see the EDD in the app. Therefore reliant on their updates which are not very accurate.
Yes I have received my RN this morning for my MYLR Blue / Black / 19” this morning and I can’t see it in the app either! Mine’s salary sacrifice with Octopus.

Can you call Tesla direct to get update information?

Has anyone had the experience of having a friend/ family member pick up your Tesla for you

Collection instructions are pretty clear that only named drivers (and all named drivers for a trade-in IIRC) must be present ...

I've collected my Wife's car (recently, and on previous occasions, including dropping-off her trade-in Tesla) and they never quibbled it. However, her car is a Company Car and as such in the name of the company, and my proof-of-ID (drivers license) shares the surname ... but my name definitely not on any of the paperwork

I never actually thought to ask, beforehand, if this was going to be OK ... so dunno what of the above meant is wasn't questioned - or if just that Tesla is casual on this point!

P.S. my EMAIL address on the TESLA.COM account, not my wife's, but I can't see how that would have influenced my collection - the email address does not contain my first name / initials.

• Informative
Reactions: Toblerone
Yes I have received my RN this morning for my MYLR Blue / Black / 19” this morning and I can’t see it in the app either! Mine’s salary sacrifice with Octopus.

I ordered same spec, same source.

I have the RN number via text from Tesla and a date of 29/07 in the Octopus tracker. Nothing in the app but I believe that is expected until the car is delivered/collected.

I have the RN number via text from Tesla and a date of 29/07 in the Octopus tracker. Nothing in the app but I believe that is expected until the car is delivered/collected.

Just had an update from Zenith saying delivery late July. Realistically I think this means I am looking at an August/September delivery. Anyone else ordered a MYLR Midnight Sliver, 20in in early April? What EDD do you have?
I ordered through Zenith on 26th March, MYLR MSM/Black/19. I have emails since then with late July, my Zenith portal shows 15th July.
Zenith deliver the cars to you, so they may well get it end of June for July delivery to you.

I did see in a thread somewhere that you could ask the leasing company to authorise your Tesla account to the RN - I have emailed Octopus about this!

Just put this info in the shipping thread:

OK - no VIN yet - but *just* been given a trade-in offer (for an Audi) that is valid through until 2-July.
Speculation is these aren’t given out unless cars are being assigned to prevent expiry.

My EDD is 11-30 June.
Order is for MYLR Blue/Black/20s/EAP

Anyone know if I accept the offer, is it easy to say I no longer want to trade-in if I find a better offer?
Or does leaving it hanging affect the vehicle assignment in any way?

Did you call LV to clarify this?

My M3 is insured via LV. I called them about the tracker requirement when I first set up the policy. They told me that the on board Tesla tracking capability (via the app) was sufficient for them, I didn’t need to install anything else.

Interesting; when I called them for a quote they said a separate tracker was required. When I have an actual delivery date I'll give them another go quoting your experience and see what they say. We have another car insured with LV so adding the MY as a multicar policy is way easy for us.

Collection instructions are pretty clear that only named drivers (and all named drivers for a trade-in IIRC) must be present ...

I've collected my Wife's car (recently, and on previous occasions, including dropping-off her trade-in Tesla) and they never quibbled it. However, her car is a Company Car and as such in the name of the company, and my proof-of-ID (drivers license) shares the surname ... but my name definitely not on any of the paperwork

I never actually thought to ask, beforehand, if this was going to be OK ... so dunno what of the above meant is wasn't questioned - or if just that Tesla is casual on this point!

P.S. my EMAIL address on the TESLA.COM account, not my wife's, but I can't see how that would have influenced my collection - the email address does not contain my first name / initials.
Thank you. Will find out if unable to attend at the end of the month. Am sure we will know more in the next weeks....

MYLR / white / black / 19s, ordered 23rd Feb via Lex Autolease (Work). On their system it is still saying the 10th June 2022 however I have called Telsa after obtaining the RN number and they have said the date is TBC and should be clarified in the next couple of weeks. I can't therefor see me getting it in June... From reading around I think this means its more likely going back to September

MYLR / white / black / 19s, ordered 23rd Feb via Lex Autolease (Work). On their system it is still saying the 10th June 2022 however I have called Telsa after obtaining the RN number and they have said the date is TBC and should be clarified in the next couple of weeks. I can't therefor see me getting it in June... From reading around I think this means its more likely going back to September
Same car as me, also with Lex. All I can get out of them is TBC, same with Tesla. When I called Tesla they said hang tight as they would be allocating cars from first week of May. We‘ll see what happens…

Reactions: steven2021
Same car as me, also with Lex. All I can get out of them is TBC, same with Tesla. When I called Tesla they said hang tight as they would be allocating cars from first week of May. We‘ll see what happens…

I will try and call Tesla again this week and let you know if they say any different. I can't for some reason look on their online tracker using the RN and my email address.

Reactions: Markee68
Just put this info in the shipping thread:

OK - no VIN yet - but *just* been given a trade-in offer (for an Audi) that is valid through until 2-July.
Speculation is these aren’t given out unless cars are being assigned to prevent expiry.

My EDD is 11-30 June.
Order is for MYLR Blue/Black/20s/EAP

Anyone know if I accept the offer, is it easy to say I no longer want to trade-in if I find a better offer?
Or does leaving it hanging affect the vehicle assignment in any way?
I was told by tesla I could reject the trade-in up to a day before collection. I've not done it personally myself but just relaying the info I received from them. Bear in mind you'll need to have your balance cleared before pick up.

Reactions: Toblerone
Hi all.

I accepted my trade in offer yesterday. My EDD is June 09 - June 30, collection from Manchester. Ordered late March.

Cash Buyer
Midnight Silver Metalic
20" Induction Wheels
Black Interior

Fingers crossed that getting my trade in offer is a good sign that my delivery might not move back?

Also hoping for a mid June delivery as I am out of the country last week of June. What are the chances of moving my collection to Southampton if needed when the ship docks?

Hi all.

I accepted my trade in offer yesterday. My EDD is June 09 - June 30, collection from Manchester. Ordered late March.

Cash Buyer
Midnight Silver Metalic
20" Induction Wheels
Black Interior

Fingers crossed that getting my trade in offer is a good sign that my delivery might not move back?

Also hoping for a mid June delivery as I am out of the country last week of June. What are the chances of moving my collection to Southampton if needed when the ship docks?
This is positive to see - ordered the exact same spec late March/ early April with the lease company saying mid July delivery so fingers crossed.