Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any precedents for applying a price increase to existing orders for M3, MX or MS?

Not that I remember. I had an MS P85D on order and during that time it was discontinued, they offered me 75 or 90 with corresponding refund / additional fee, calculated using the price list that was in place at the time (of my order).

I have seen a number of price increases which were never applied to existing orders, but also some price drops which were applied to existing orders. But if you changed your order it was at "current price list".

History no proof of future practice though, and the last 7 years of my Tesla ownership have had negligible inflation. Delivery times of many-months, and high inflation, is likely to make that unsustainable.

Well, if they try for the first time to pass on a price increase to customers that have been waiting their delayed orders for months due to their factory lockdown, this, in addition to the opening of their supercharging network to other EV, would certainly alienate and turn some customers to competitors

Reactions: Real Reado
Well, if they try for the first time to pass on a price increase to customers that have been waiting their delayed orders for months due to their factory lockdown, this, in addition to the opening of their supercharging network to other EV, would certainly alienate and turn some customers to competitors
As I have said before, Tesla demand is very inelastic. And anyway, where would we go?
Which competitors? Those who have a comparable product with a short EDD and inflation proof pricing? Right!😀

That's not to say I wouldn't be vexed by a late in the process price increase but for now, let's all get back to fretting about our EDDs😀

Reactions: Toblerone
As I have said before, Tesla demand is very inelastic. And anyway, where would we go?
Which competitors? Those who have a comparable product with a short EDD and inflation proof pricing? Right!😀

That's not to say I wouldn't be vexed by a late in the process price increase but for now, let's all get back to fretting about our EDDs😀
Fair, okay, I would just be very angry at them then :D
Would definitely lose some love for the brand

Reactions: Wattsisname
Out of curiosity (and sorry if this has been asked and answered) but for those who's EDDs have changed to "July" or "May", do you still have copyOverride in the source?

1653047023953.png

Just wondering if it's going to take a while for them to get round to changing everyone's overridden bit of text...

Fair, okay, I would just be very angry at them then :D
Would definitely lose some love for the brand
You have placed an order for a specific car at an agreed price. I don't see any post-order price increase being applied to your order. As others have said, they have not done this in the past. There are stories of people in the USA who perpetually delayed delivery of a vehicle and eventually were told to take delivery or lose the order, but the ones I read were quite long (more than 12 months) delivery declines. I just don't see it happening here for anyone prepared to take delivery of the car they ordered.

When we ordered our Model 3 in early 2019 they had a discount on including FSD, which we did. Between order and delivery there was a price decrease on the car but the FSD discount offer was gone. The net effect was a slightly lower total price for the same car plus FSD as what we ordered. Tesla applied the lower price when our car was ready for collection and final payment. My understanding is they did this for everyone at that time with existing orders. I am not aware of anyone being hit with a later price increase after an order is made.

Urgh, going to be a pain in the arse. MYLR ordered in April but my work signing off salary sacrifice car scheme next week (one form is still outstanding but I've already got access to the system in the meantime!) and quote now based on the new price, even though I've got it booked at the lower price already ready to transfer to the lease company. Why do I think this is going to be hard work? Haha!

In other news, happy Friday all!

Out of curiosity (and sorry if this has been asked and answered) but for those who's EDDs have changed to "July" or "May", do you still have copyOverride in the source?

View attachment 806526

Just wondering if it's going to take a while for them to get round to changing everyone's overridden bit of text...
Yes (for September 2022), “copyOverride” is literally the text that appears on the page. The “message” variable is the bit that goes below.

Don’t think there’s any additional info hidden anyway.

Reactions: Morak

View attachment 806526

Mine Does. changed to July yesterday from 18-30June. What does the copy overide mean.

Reactions: Morak
You have placed an order for a specific car at an agreed price. I don't see any post-order price increase being applied to your order. As others have said, they have not done this in the past. There are stories of people in the USA who perpetually delayed delivery of a vehicle and eventually were told to take delivery or lose the order, but the ones I read were quite long (more than 12 months) delivery declines. I just don't see it happening here for anyone prepared to take delivery of the car they ordered.

When we ordered our Model 3 in early 2019 they had a discount on including FSD, which we did. Between order and delivery there was a price decrease on the car but the FSD discount offer was gone. The net effect was a slightly lower total price for the same car plus FSD as what we ordered. Tesla applied the lower price when our car was ready for collection and final payment. My understanding is they did this for everyone at that time with existing orders. I am not aware of anyone being hit with a later price increase after an order is made.
I think it was that there were new tax credits coming in. Some people tried to string out their orders until the new tax credits came in so pay a 12 month old price but get the credits. Over the year Tesla had rasied the price by almost as much as the tax credits by coincidence....

They don't care - well, not so long as they can sell all they can make, regardless of how they raise the prices and how service deteriorates

Plenty of stories of poor service and take-it-or-leave it response (including from me)
7 years of that @WannabeOwner and still loving the car(s);) Yep! That's inelastic demand. (O Level economics and I think I'm J M Keynes:rolleyes:)

That was my initial thought “override” seemed to imply it was replacing something but I now think it’s referring to its position above the main message.

This is java annotation , you would use @Override above a method to be sure that you are overriding a super class method , if you use it and the method is not in the super class because you type it name wrong for example an error will occur at compile time.