Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered poverty spec MY in March from zenith, got RN number on 16th March. Zenith have said delivery in July ever since.

Tried to chat with “Emma” today, but but they say they waiting confirmation from lease company that everything is ready to proceed.

Spoke to zenith who say that they’d done everything they need to and car is expected in July.

Anyone had this issue with Tesla chat before with getting updates when car ordered through lease company?

Sounds like someone stuck a pin in the Excuses Bible and that's the one they pinned.

My question would be : what makes an inventory car software update different to any other car already in the owner's hands?
Apparently they have been prioritising cars that are already with customers. I just hope there are no issues with the car when I collect it.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Apparently they have been prioritising cars that are already with customers

Plausible I suppose ... and also possible that the Internet at the site is struggling to download for however many cars are parked there and needing an update ...

... but when I picked up my latest (new) car its software was considerably out of date. Took several updates to get it to "latest", which all happened (after I got home) in a few days ...

... so I'm not sure what an Inventory Car might need that it either doesn't already have, or couldn't download once YOU got it home.

Hence I'm sceptical that this is just "something I made up" rather than the person actually finding out what the holdup is ... and then telling you that ! Even if that is "We screwed up, sorry"

These forums are littered with things that Tesla support staff made up. I have absolutely no idea why they do that rather than saying "Dunno" or, better still, "I'll find out for you and call you back" <sigh>

I sound like my father did when he was as old as I have become ...

Reactions: Chickenlips
I just hope there are no issues with the car when I collect it.

"Depends" unfortunately.

Inventory cars can be in various states - unlikely that they have been cleaned, and wheels may have been curbed. So take the "New Car Checklist" with you, at a minimum, as a reminder of things to check. I'm sure they can fix whatever you might find ... its just that it would be better that they did that before you went to pick it up ... Fingers-Crossed :)

It will drive like a rocket, for sure, it just may not have been "valeted" very well

I’m in the same situation, so how do we see or obtain a EDD? Might be a stupid question but my lease company (Pendragon) are quite useless updating me on any kind of updates
My order is with Pink Car Leasing (LEX is the broker) can't fault them my contact gives me update every two weeks and if i contact him will respond within 24 hours with no update lol but its good to know someone is monitoring the order!

Reactions: J81M and Marcusg71
My order is with Pink Car Leasing (LEX is the broker) can't fault them my contact gives me update every two weeks and if i contact him will respond within 24 hours with no update lol but its good to know someone is monitoring the order!
Thanks for the reply, I was also told by pendragon that I would receive updates every 2 weeks, however I have not received one on time and only after chasing I get sent an update. So frustrating

Ordered poverty spec MY in March from zenith, got RN number on 16th March. Zenith have said delivery in July ever since.

Tried to chat with “Emma” today, but but they say they waiting confirmation from lease company that everything is ready to proceed.

Spoke to zenith who say that they’d done everything they need to and car is expected in July.

Anyone had this issue with Tesla chat before with getting updates when car ordered through lease company?
I had a similar problem when I ordered through Zen. I received an RN and called Tesla to get an EDD only to be told that there was a hold on the order preventing a match to a car before June (May batch pre lockdown). It took over a week and about 20 phone calls to get it lifted. Tesla and lease companies seem to talk different languages.

We have the same car on order then. I plan to email zen next week if I don’t hear. They very clearly told me they had loads of them on bulk order for June
What’s interesting is that I spoke to Tesla chat and they said a delivery date hasn’t been assigned to the order just yet. And that they have a shipment on the way so we may receive an update soon.

Taking the biggest pinch of salt with that though. When I’ve spoken to Tesla previously they had said the Zen order is an enterprise order so shouldn’t show up on the normal systems until VIN is assigned but it’s all made up at this point.

What’s interesting is that I spoke to Tesla chat and they said a delivery date hasn’t been assigned to the order just yet. And that they have a shipment on the way so we may receive an update soon.

Taking the biggest pinch of salt with that though. When I’ve spoken to Tesla previously they had said the Zen order is an enterprise order so shouldn’t show up on the normal systems until VIN is assigned but it’s all made up at this point.
I think Tesla staff don’t have a clue so they just make stuff up. You are probably right about bull leaseco orders. I know Tesla have a leading portal for companies

Reactions: EchoOneZero

I phoned Tesla today about one of my orders (lease with lex) and I provided the RN and they knew exactly who I was and what car. So they do have access to all the details.

Reactions: Jelhead
I was praying Tesla would confirm I had a VIN this morning so I could look forward to not having to daily my VW Transporter, unfortunately my prayers went unanswered :(

MY LR, White, Black, Inductions - Ordered via fleet company, order confirmed with Tesla on 4th April.
You’ve gone for the same spec as me. I also ordered EAP but as that’s a software thing, I don’t believe it’s relevant. I ordered on 3/3 and despite plenty of May and June EDDs, my EDD changed to 5/8-14/9 at the weekend.