Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you can strikeout the above code :)

Was slightly worried after reading your post and called up Tesla immediately. Have been assured that the rate at which you are signed in will be honoured irrespective of when the delivery is done.
I am likely to cross the 90 day window and signed into 3.99% rate. The current rate stands at 5.90% and surely would need to think about the purchase if the rate goes up.
Really good to hear as I’m in the same boat. Fingers crossed the person you were speaking to is authorised to make such promises! :)

Reactions: Daedalus and Pajo78
Revised EDD just now (from blank)

lost count on how many changes in EDD.. absolute bollox.. business purchase with zero visibility for me to plan and budget..

Looks like they can't make these Grey's for Q2 either..

So frustrating..
So called up to see if they could clarify wtf is going on..

1. No chance of getting Q2 now (cancellation chance put at 1% lmao)
2. Finance rate will stay what was agreed
3. Estimate now more accurate and realistic
4. questioned why someone who ordered later has got ahead of me with like for like.. was told delivery location has been given greater Priority ahead of order date!!
5. Stated I would want Sep delivery on new 72 plate - preference noted on account and was told would be taken into consideration.
6. No deliveries in July (Tesla convention)

Can stop getting irate now that's that..

Unprecedented times for sure.. good luck everyone else

4. questioned why someone who ordered later has got ahead of me with like for like.. was told delivery location has been given greater Priority ahead of order date!!
5. Stated I would want Sep delivery on new 72 plate - preference noted on account and was told would be taken into consideration.

Many thanks for this update, really helpful because I was literally just stuck on the queue waiting to speak to Tesla to ask pretty much the same questions as you for exact same spec, just ordered bit later on 7th March. But seeing this saved me the wait TBH and to be told same story. Although not sure about the delivery location thing, because I am Southampton pick up, so would think that would have some weight. But seen several same spec later orders jump ahead of me still 🤷
I did have the so called 'realistic' EDD of 28th Aug to Oct12 for last week, but today my EDD has completely disappeared! So was going ask why, but again probably not worth the effort to just be told some made up BS again. Sure it will change again in next few days anyway. So think just need to step away for a few months now and get my life back for a bit 😁 Thanks again

Reactions: CheshireCheese

Re point 5, I completely understand your position. However, at the best of times (which these are not) the flow of Teslas incoming is unpredictable. Given the expectation of quite a backlog to get through, uncertainty regarding the imposition of periodic forced Covid closures in Shanghai and the outsized demand for the cars that arrive here, I would be worried that saying an August delivery is not acceptable will push you into a possible wait well beyond August. Just my 2p. Probably worth less than that!

Reactions: CheshireCheese
Have been assured that the rate at which you are signed in will be honoured irrespective of when the delivery is done.
That would be awesome and thank you checking this. Imagine how many Q1/Q2ers get hit like this in Q3 if they don't honor this.

Please keep us posted as my experience has been poor communicating via email. Like they can't be arsed and make me feel like I am wasting their time.

Reactions: Pajo78
So for me that'll potentially be 225 days from date of order to new latest EDD range.. yep *sugar* show when coupled with poor order management and communication.. hey ho!

No big push by Tesla to bump Q2 figures.. think they're looking impress once they've kitchen sinked Q2.. China local market other regional markets there taking priority that's for sure..

Can't see supply constraints easing nor demand cooling..

Was slightly worried after reading your post and called up Tesla immediately. Have been assured that the rate at which you are signed in will be honoured irrespective of when the delivery is done.
From the same company that told me upon ordering that my car would be delivered in June, I would take everything they say with a BIG pinch of salt until I see it in action…

you can strikeout the above code :)

I am likely to cross the 90 day window and signed into 3.99% rate. The current rate stands at 5.90% and surely would need to think about the purchase if the rate goes up.
Thank you for going to the trouble of clarifying the situation. A hike from 3.99% to 5.9% would a 47.9 % increase.

Now then...... am I correct? Are my log table up to date...... or have I got my hypotenuse at a tangent.

Reactions: Pajo78

So kind of Tesla to let us know at the time of ordering which is their preferred pick up location. Oh?! Wait a minute; they didn't!

Now then..... SWMBO has just asked again for me to explain why I requested the Outer Hebrides ....... as we live in London? Well, I thought, maybe less of a queue :rolleyes:

Yes, good point; did you get their name and number?:)
didnt get the name but called on the standard tesla helpline number. Every time it’s a different adivisor. Can query that again in a few days. surely reckon it is unlikely to happen. if they start changing Ts and Cs of the contract, then many customers get impacted. the finance agreement should work similar to their price promise. Once locked in, should stay until you trigger cancellation.