Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting on my final invoice:oops:. My account details the sum that must be paid before collection but that has been there since day one in March.
So, it looks like, based on the posts, that I should also be receiving an invoice with my reg.

Now then.......SWMBO says she has never seen me so keen to pay a bill and that unless I plan to take a wheelbarrow full of cash to Tesla HQ, I have eighteen days in which to complete a transfer at the speed of light and that therefore I need to cool it🥶. Moi? Cool? ......

As a cucumber on a Winter's morning..... or an un- preconditioned MY battery.
People seem to lose their minds about payment when Tesla is concerned 😀

Don’t pay a damn thing until you’ve had an invoice for what you’re buying. 😂

If you feel like you need to send money to some website just because it asks for it, please let me know and I’ll open up a Shopify account….

Congratulations to all of you who have got their collections booked, and are counting the days down!!

I would say spare a thought for all us still waiting, but I know you guys have been waiting for seems like an eternity already 🤣. I’m looking forward to Q3 to see if I’ll be one of the lucky ones - enjoy your MY’s!!
13 more sleeps for me 😀 For those with Q3 cars I’m sure it will be more ‘normal’ and exciting with around the normal 14 rather than abnormal 4 boats to track. I’ll defo be continuing to keep a watch to see how things go!

Ordered a MY , white with black interior and standard rims on 30 May , initial delivery way September then June and bounced about a bit .seems to be stable now for September to mid October .
I ordered a model Y on 30th April (Grey, Black interior, 20” wheels) based on an estimated delivery of October. Similarly, it got bought forward to June which was a nice surprise only for my hopes and dreams to be dashed with the date being pushed back to October. Then more hope as it got bought forward to September but last week it got pushed to December/February. Spoke to sales as confused how I could order the same spec today and get the same delivery expectation!?

I ordered a model Y on 30th April (Grey, Black interior, 20” wheels) based on an estimated delivery of October. Similarly, it got bought forward to June which was a nice surprise only for my hopes and dreams to be dashed with the date being pushed back to October. Then more hope as it got bought forward to September but last week it got pushed to December/February. Spoke to sales as confused how I could order the same spec today and get the same delivery expectation!?
…. Actually, status update - est. delivery now September / October - I can’t keep up!

…. Actually, status update - est. delivery now September / October - I can’t keep up!
I am so confused, everyone saying you get allocation at the end of the quarter and they never deliver in the first month of the quarter i.e. July now. So do we wait until September now for the next allocation, or will they deliver in July and August as full production has now resumed and surely they want to sell and deliver as many as possible? :rolleyes:

I am so confused, everyone saying you get allocation at the end of the quarter and they never deliver in the first month of the quarter i.e. July now. So do we wait until September now for the next allocation, or will they deliver in July and August as full production has now resumed and surely they want to sell and deliver as many as possible? :rolleyes:
The next ships will start setting sail in July for August delivery, with more in September than August. So September heavy. That is standard Tesla practice.

The idea is that there is no cars sitting on ships at the end of the Q and all have been handed over to customers. The last month of a Q manufacturing flips to domestic sales only so they can roll out the factory and straight into customers hands within days.

• Informative
Reactions: nscar
Shanghai GF produces for many markets, UK being one of them. History and production cycles seems to be that UK cars start to get built and shipped in 2nd month of the Q for delivery from mid 2nd and to the end of the 3rd month of the Q. So follow Mr M and look out for ships starting to leave in mid July for UK delivery in mid/late August and into September. You have standard wheels and interior - just hope the MSM paint shop is up and running for you to coincide with the shippings. My experience is that:

EDD is fallacy, ships leaving to UK is reality, text from Tesla with VIN is actuality, car in the drive will be truly ridiculous!

Shanghai GF produces for many markets, UK being one of them. History and production cycles seems to be that UK cars start to get built and shipped in 2nd month of the Q for delivery from mid 2nd and to the end of the 3rd month of the Q. So follow Mr M and look out for ships starting to leave in mid July for UK delivery in mid/late August and into September. You have standard wheels and interior - just hope the MSM paint shop is up and running for you to coincide with the shippings. My experience is that:

EDD is fallacy, ships leaving to UK is reality, text from Tesla with VIN is actuality, car in the drive will be truly ridiculous!
Thanks guys, looks like we may be opting for an ICE given we sold our non Ulez diesel, needs must and having a chronically ill child means our priorities lie elsewhere as Central London hospital appointments and procedures are now too regular, although there are a few alternatives in stock like the Mach E, IX3 around.

Reactions: Darreno
Thanks guys, looks like we may be opting for an ICE given we sold our non Ulez diesel, needs must and having a chronically ill child means our priorities lie elsewhere as Central London hospital appointments and procedures are now too regular, although there are a few alternatives in stock like the Mach E, IX3 around.
I hope your child's condition improves.
Rather than buy a car which is really not your first choice. You might want to consider a hire. Maybe negotiate a discount with one of the smaller companies. They all offer discounts for longer hires in any case.
Wishing you the best.
PS there will be a number of new Ys appearing on autotrader in the next few weeks.

Reactions: ElsDee
I hope your child's condition improves.
Rather than buy a car which is really not your first choice. You might want to consider a hire. Maybe negotiate a discount with one of the smaller companies. They all offer discounts for longer hires in any case.
Wishing you the best.
PS there will be a number of new Ys appearing on autotrader in the next few weeks.
At the current inflated prices, even for hires, I am wondering whether flipping an ICE as a bridge car between now and September on Autotrader/Cargiant wouldn’t be more interesting?
I’m guessing you could sell it in 3 months time roughly at the same price and therefore have it at pretty much zero cost during this time.

Slightly off topic but I've ordered these Gemini Wheel covers to replace the stock ones - Makes them look like induction wheels but for a fraction of the price!!!

Screenshot 2022-06-12 at 09.01.01.png

Slightly off topic but I've ordered these Gemini Wheel covers to replace the stock ones - Makes them look like induction wheels but for a fraction of the price!!!

View attachment 815712
29th! Great. Maybe see you there.

And the covers.... Coooooel! I have the red calliper covers waiting to meet their car. I will probably run with the naked Gems except for long runs.....
...unless my vanity defeats my mile per charge anorakistic tendency.

BTY, I prefer light shiny alloys but I may grow towards black wheels over time, in which case, it will be your covers.:)(not literally yours, unless you reveal your home address)

Now then...SWMBO, looking over my shoulder, remarked that "The Anorakistic Tendency" sounds like a Red Brigrades spinoff of terrorists who spend too must time on the fine detail. Now she says " I am the only person here old enough to have heard of the Red Brigades".