Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9 weeks from order to pick up today in Glasgow.

Slight scratch above rear wheel which should polish out & the bubbles/hairs in the PPF are a sight to behold.

The Glasgow guys were outstanding though, booked straight in to get sorted out next week.

Other than that, it’s an awesome car. The ride is a good bit firmer than the MERC GLC that went before it, but then again it couldn’t corner like this Model Y does.

Delighted with it, only thing is Disney + app isn’t in the ‘Theatre’ even after updating the software, could be a deal breaker for the upcoming road trip! View attachment 821105View attachment 821108
That's a beautiful looking car. Almost went for that exact spec! But opted for red instead.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the ride, because I'll be coming from a GLA AMG Line. Oxfordshire roads for me too (someone else above has commented on just how tragic they are). GLA has a firm ride. Tested a Y on 19s, and that felt okay and quite similar.

Home. Flawless drive home through Windsor, Marlow and the M40 to Bicester, 70 odd miles. Not a single rattle, hum or buzz - I hate rattly cars and this was my biggest fear, totally unfounded as it turned out.

I’m extremely pleased and I hope everyone else’s pick-up experience and drive is at least as good.

May all your PPF be bubble-free…
Bicester eh? May well see you driving around, given SWMBO's parents live there, and we are there every other weekend.

Pleasing to hear a few positive reviews for ride comfort on these latest ones v testers (even on our awful Oxfordshire roads!).

Enjoy a mighty fine looking car!

I ordered my MYLR on June 12th. All pré-delivery steps complete and I was being told December - January for delivery. I’ve had it brought forward to September 20 - November 4.

Interested to know if anyone else has a similar EDD? I’m picking up from Manchester as they don’t delivery to my address in Leeds.
I'm in the same boat. Ordered at the very end of May when EDD was Oct-Dec and the EDD changed a few times since:

Sep 3 - Oct 18
Nov 18 - Jan 2
Sep 24 - Nov 8

Blue/Black/19/AP/Belfast

When I was chatting to the TA at the test drive, he said to expect delivery on the last month of the quarter. Not sure if this a Belfast thing though. On that advice I'm realistically expecting a December delivery.

Reactions: ROTA
I'm in the same boat. Ordered at the very end of May when EDD was Oct-Dec and the EDD changed a few times since:

Sep 3 - Oct 18
Nov 18 - Jan 2
Sep 24 - Nov 8

Blue/Black/19/AP/Belfast

When I was chatting to the TA at the test drive, he said to expect delivery on the last month of the quarter. Not sure if this a Belfast thing though. On that advice I'm realistically expecting a December delivery.
That’s some really good information, thanks for sharing. I’d assume it’s the same company wide, but I might ask a TA at my local center. December delivery would work really well for me, as I’m planning on moving into my house by then, so I won’t have to install a charger twice in a short space of time😅

Believe me , I feel your pain. I ordered mid March, lease company took an extra week. Expected this month, then July (no idea how). Still July and no update.

There are a few people having the same tantrums, including me 😉
I’m
It does indeed, I like the blue with the inductions.

Admittedly, I am having a bit of a tantrum but it's not the only person I've seen with the exact same spec who's ordered after me but already has a collection date, it's just frustrating, especially since I don't have a car at the moment. The fact Tesla were also dangling the carrot with "get it 2 months earlier" if we added inductions makes it even worse.
I’m in completely the same boat too, ended up ordering the 20s in the hope of a quicker delivery and wish I hadn’t as as much as they look good, i don’t think they are worth the cost. I’ve been without a car too, so ended up getting a car through Elmo monthly subscription (Kia eNero) it’s ok for now to be fair!

Has anyone instead of spending £400 on rimtrex hubcaps spent the same on powdercoating the Geminis black or grey? Got a quote to powder coat all the wheels for £450, was think if of doing them a similar grey to the aeros on my M3...
Every pic I can find online is Americans painting them black

Has anyone instead of spending £400 on rimtrex hubcaps spent the same on powdercoating the Geminis black or grey? Got a quote to powder coat all the wheels for £450, was think if of doing them a similar grey to the aeros on my M3...
Every pic I can find online is Americans painting them black
This looks interesting. With MSM (colour I have gone for) looks so much better. I recently had diamond cut wheels powder coated titanium for £260 all in with them being done on my driveway. Came out very good.

Reactions: Toblerone
This looks interesting. With MSM (colour I have gone for) looks so much better. I recently had diamond cut wheels powder coated titanium for £260 all in with them being done on my driveway. Came out very good.
One quick screenshot from that video of what I had in mind, like the aerocaps on my current M3 the hubcaps are coming straight off...I will sacrifice a bit of range to not have the car look rubbish (imo)
Screenshot_20220626-125600_Chrome.jpg

That looks good to me!

Sep 3 - Oct 18
Nov 18 - Jan 2
Sep 24 - Nov 8

Blue/Black/19/AP/Belfast

pHD - welcome to the roller coaster. I’m also NI. As you can see, I booked a month or so earlier so have had more time to digest the chat on EDD’s. Here is my interpretation:

The EDD ‘system’ seems more geared to the likes of the US where cars can roll off the line and onto a transporter to customers in a steady stream. For us, cars are currently MiC (Made in China) so are shipped in large batches (up to 6,500) to Southampton. From there distributed to hubs for collection - Belfast for us. There may be 2-3 shipments per Q. MiG is coming on line for M3P so that will be different.

Tesla is geared to delivering/selling cars in the same financial quarter as they are manufactured - Q1 ending end Mar. The next UK batch therefore likely start manufacture in July with a shipload ready, say, mid July. 30 days shipping [follow shipping thread] would suggest Southampton mid-Aug earliest. Any shipments will aim to arrive latest mid Sept to be handed over/sold by end Q3 - end Sept. For us therefore, either ignore EDD or try and interpret it into ‘late Q3’ [September] (with a chance of late Aug) or ‘late Q4’ [December] (maybe late Nov). Tesla switch to supplying local [China] market mid Q so they can roll off the line to customers by the Q end.

Finally, do not expect any interim communication from Tesla. The next thing you will get is your VIN once a car is allocated to you - probably a week or so after the ship leave Shanghai; later if you get a cancellation.

Stay sane..

pHD - welcome to the roller coaster. I’m also NI. As you can see, I booked a month or so earlier so have had more time to digest the chat on EDD’s. Here is my interpretation:

The EDD ‘system’ seems more geared to the likes of the US where cars can roll off the line and onto a transporter to customers in a steady stream. For us, cars are currently MiC (Made in China) so are shipped in large batches (up to 6,500) to Southampton. From there distributed to hubs for collection - Belfast for us. There may be 2-3 shipments per Q. MiG is coming on line for M3P so that will be different.

Tesla is geared to delivering/selling cars in the same financial quarter as they are manufactured - Q1 ending end Mar. The next UK batch therefore likely start manufacture in July with a shipload ready, say, mid July. 30 days shipping [follow shipping thread] would suggest Southampton mid-Aug earliest. Any shipments will aim to arrive latest mid Sept to be handed over/sold by end Q3 - end Sept. For us therefore, either ignore EDD or try and interpret it into ‘late Q3’ [September] (with a chance of late Aug) or ‘late Q4’ [December] (maybe late Nov). Tesla switch to supplying local [China] market mid Q so they can roll off the line to customers by the Q end.

Finally, do not expect any interim communication from Tesla. The next thing you will get is your VIN once a car is allocated to you - probably a week or so after the ship leave Shanghai; later if you get a cancellation.

Stay sane..
Have been following the threads for sometime but this makes things much clearer in my head, thank you!

Reactions: Toblerone and RCMY

Stay sane..
Excellent summary - just one note, Shanghai is having a 2 week shutdown at start of July to increase line capacity (from 1500 vehicles per day to 2000).

So while they will make up for the time lost during the shutdown, we won’t see any ships leaving until nearer the end of July at the earliest. Then add on 1 month for passage.

I’m hoping I’m in the next batch and it is Sept delivery on a 72 plate. This aligns with my EDD which is currently 6-Sept onwards!

Excellent summary - just one note, Shanghai is having a 2 week shutdown at start of July to increase line capacity (from 1500 vehicles per day to 2000).

So while they will make up for the time lost during the shutdown, we won’t see any ships leaving until nearer the end of July at the earliest. Then add on 1 month for passage.

I’m hoping I’m in the next batch and it is Sept delivery on a 72 plate. This aligns with my EDD which is currently 6-Sept onwards!
It appears the ‘shutdown’ to upscale the line may have been mis-reported. Apparently the original [chinese] text reads 4 days, not 2 weeks. Either way, as you say, it will have in impact; negative in the very short term but positive thereafter.

One thing I am not clear on is the real benefit of waiting for a September registration over a [late] August one?

One quick screenshot from that video of what I had in mind, like the aerocaps on my current M3 the hubcaps are coming straight off...I will sacrifice a bit of range to not have the car look rubbish (imo)
View attachment 821248

That looks good to me!
That’s probably the best I’ve seen the naked Gemini’s looking. Mine are currently standard silver with covers off, but my wife has just kerbed one so at £450ish I might be tempted to go down the powdercoat route myself. I’d imagine the Rimetrix are costing a bit more to import just now as well with the pound on its arse.

It appears the ‘shutdown’ to upscale the line may have been mis-reported. Apparently the original [chinese] text reads 4 days, not 2 weeks. Either way, as you say, it will have in impact; negative in the very short term but positive thereafter.

One thing I am not clear on is the real benefit of waiting for a September registration over a [late] August one?
I believe it was a 4 day total plant shutdown, as the HR notice said (which I reported here) followed by individual line shutdown/upgrade for the extended period.

Reactions: RCMY
Some potential surprising news for a Sunday! I have to say Tesla customer service is amazing and so helpful. I called them as I have to sell my car in 2 weeks (when my EDD was) and I said that I was totally flexible in collection locations. Turns out just as I called, a same spec MY was cancelled and I have managed to get it allocated (subject to thumbs up from Lex). Something to consider maybe for others?

Reactions: s88ats
Some potential surprising news for a Sunday! I have to say Tesla customer service is amazing and so helpful. I called them as I have to sell my car in 2 weeks (when my EDD was) and I said that I was totally flexible in collection locations. Turns out just as I called, a same spec MY was cancelled and I have managed to get it allocated (subject to thumbs up from Lex). Something to consider maybe for others?
What number did you call them on? I've been meaning to change my collection location to Southampton anyway

Collected 21st June from Bristol. I was there at 10am but there didnt really seem to be many people collecting. We were there for around 2 hours (damn that Tesla checklist is long!) and only saw around 5-6 other collections…

View attachment 820209View attachment 820210
Passenger door is ever so slightly misaligned and the offside rear tail lights had some slight fogging but not sure i’m too bothered ab
9 weeks from order to pick up today in Glasgow.

Slight scratch above rear wheel which should polish out & the bubbles/hairs in the PPF are a sight to behold.

The Glasgow guys were outstanding though, booked straight in to get sorted out next week.

Other than that, it’s an awesome car. The ride is a good bit firmer than the MERC GLC that went before it, but then again it couldn’t corner like this Model Y does.

Delighted with it, only thing is Disney + app isn’t in the ‘Theatre’ even after updating the software, could be a deal breaker for the upcoming road trip! View attachment 821105View attachment 821108
Can i ask how you’re finding the ride? Still glad you went for the 20’s?

Reactions: phoenixcat
What number did you call them on? I've been meaning to change my collection location to Southampton anyway
01628 450660 and option 2. I guess it all depends on how helpful and nice the person is their end but always worth a shout as they were saying they are getting cancellations all the time and they must have all vehicles handed over by end of Thursday.

01628 450660 and option 2. I guess it all depends on how helpful and nice the person is their end but always worth a shout as they were saying they are getting cancellations all the time and they must have all vehicles handed over by end of Thursday.
Did you happen to speak with a women with an accent. Almost American sounding. I could be wrong, I am terrible with accents! Haha. If so she was very helpful. Didn't have a car allocated on the phone though.

Last edited: