Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@GeorgeSymonds my Model Y (collected Mon) also seems to have front bumper PPF. I hadn't realised! Nice surprise.
Maybe this has gone unnoticed, but I’ve just checked my April car out of interest and it also seems to have the film on the front. It’s only seeing that picture and these posts that prompted me to look, otherwise I would never have noticed. It’s far more subtle than the rear arch film.

• Informative
Reactions: Morak
Maybe this has gone unnoticed, but I’ve just checked my April car out of interest and it also seems to have the film on the front. It’s only seeing that picture and these posts that prompted me to look, otherwise I would never have noticed. It’s far more subtle than the rear arch film.
I would also assume factory fitted as well, as it looks a much more complex piece to cover and judging by the bubbles on both my rear arch PPF installs (which must be trivial by comparison) I don't think Bluewater did it.

I
😁 first come first serve. Did you look at Hypervolt at all? Like you im new to the electric revolution and theres so much choice
I went with Hypervolt, mainly because it looked a bit sleeker and less space hungry than some others, and could get with a 10m cable ( useful for when our second car goes EV), although cannot say whether it is any good or not, as not expecting delivery of the car until Aug/ Sept ( charger installed in May based on an original EDD of June!).

I

I went with Hypervolt, mainly because it looked a bit sleeker and less space hungry than some others, and could get with a 10m cable ( useful for when our second car goes EV), although cannot say whether it is any good or not, as not expecting delivery of the car until Aug/ Sept ( charger installed in May based on an original EDD of June!).
That's a good shout around a longer cable for a second car, I get the feeling the other half would want an electric car once my model y comes. Im waiting for more of a definitive EDD if that even exists and then looking to get an install booked but then worried they'll be a long lead time. This EV malarky isn't good for your health

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

But to satisfy your pickiness.. let’s just say mine had some substance

Does this MY that was delivered this week have PPF on the front? From the picture it looks like it. Do others have what looks like a film as well?
I have just had a look at my Y. It has the same markings and I am not sure it is PPF. If it is PPF, then on mine it looks like it has been applied before paint.
Just a thought, might it might be a marking as part of the plastic mold injection process when making the front and rear bumpers ?

I have just had a look at my Y. It has the same markings and I am not sure it is PPF. If it is PPF, then on mine it looks like it has been applied before paint.
Just a thought, might it might be a marking as part of the plastic mold injection process when making the front and rear bumpers ?
Just looked at mine, no markings at all. 261xxx vin.

Maybe it is something to do with the way its painted

I went for an Anderson A2. Definitely not a cheap option (my limited company paid so was less worried about the cost than if it were a personal purchase) but wanted something that would look nice on a converted stable. Also wanted to be able to conceal the cable when not in use and there didn't seem to be many that offered that option.

Also, there wasn't a wait for installation - happened in about a week after order, I think.

It does look really nice, though the winding of the cable does mean there's a slight gap between the bulk of the unit and the wooden front, which isn't obvious from pictures on the website.

Can't vouch for how well it performs as I won't be having a car for a while :(

Reactions: SomeGuyWithaY
I went with Hypervolt also - was fitted in March - all being well, I will finally get to use mine with my Model Y tonight :)

Went with a Zappi as we wanted one with some form of integrated cable management. App is fairly good as well. Probably would’ve gone for the Andersen myself if money was no object and I did look at the Hypervolt, but I couldn’t get an installer to come back to me at the time.

I need to get my rainwater fittings painted…

720B1DB7-C95F-459F-B694-340CAE42E36E.jpeg