Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had confirmation of delivery address text for 20th September. I feel giddy!!!

That said, I sent them my home address rather than order address as I’m not in the office that day. I’ve not had a response so fingers crossed that’s not a problem!!!

Woooooo, time to accessorise 🥳
I replied with my address and got no response either so guessing nothing to worry about!

Reactions: CP91 and MattM76
So my car is due to be collected on 19/9, VIN is 423 but was assigned at time of Glovis Companion allocations. Tesla rep told me today that the car is due to arrive on 16/9 which suggests Glovis Sunrise. Is that right? I’d have thought mine was on Companion but Tesla rep was adamant it doesn’t arrive at Southampton until the 16th!

So my car is due to be collected on 19/9, VIN is 423 but was assigned at time of Glovis Companion allocations. Tesla rep told me today that the car is due to arrive on 16/9 which suggests Glovis Sunrise. Is that right? I’d have thought mine was on Companion but Tesla rep was adamant it doesn’t arrive at Southampton until the 16th!
My money is on companion. Sunrise vins are like 445 onwards.
I wouldn’t believe the Tesla rep knows any more than we do.

I'm not sure if you can call the MY SR an 'inferior' model. For a start, its going to be lighter, hopefully handle a little better as a result, maybe make it less harsh on the suspension as well as being cheaper to insure. Model Y insurance is getting expensive don't forget, so one with less HP should work out cheaper and its not like it will be a slow car - just less fast.

I think the word you are looking for is 'different' rather than 'inferior'

It will be interesting to watch all the same, with lead times the way they are, you can get a SR quicker than a LR if ordering today, although the window is over months so hard to say if exactly true.
It is probably true. MY SR is 300kg lighter. And because it is rear wheel drive and only front wheel does steering, the car doesn't shake as much when passing bumps for example. So ride quality should be slightly better

Reactions: 2020M3SR
I’ve got a 423 VIN which was released when Companion left Shanghai. Collecting on the 8th at Bristol.

Reactions: Benotomy
Same for me, mines being delivered on the 15th but the rep was adamant the ship gets in on the 14th. My guess would be, they're just telling us what they're told to tell us so they don't have the exact same questions we're asking here.

Challenge hadn't set sail when I got my VIN, I had mine the same time companion VINs were appearing.
Same here but I don’t see the rationale in this end of quarter rush to have the cars arrive on the 31st and then we get to pick them up on the 13th (that’s my earliest date)… the rep said that the car would arrive only the day before… the awesome thing about all this is that we are on the other side of the conversation… wanting to know which boat our cars are on cos they definitely coming… guess we’ll know when we know

Same here but I don’t see the rationale in this end of quarter rush to have the cars arrive on the 31st and then we get to pick them up on the 13th (that’s my earliest date)… the rep said that the car would arrive only the day before… the awesome thing about all this is that we are on the other side of the conversation… wanting to know which boat our cars are on cos they definitely coming… guess we’ll know when we know
Absolutely. I'm not bothered either way as long as it gets here in one piece.

Others have said that 2 weeks isn't abnormal anyway, it's only the very end of the quarter where they go mad and start dragging staff all over the country to get the cars delivered within days.

Reactions: Toppyawe