Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my car is due to be collected on 19/9, VIN is 423 but was assigned at time of Glovis Companion allocations. Tesla rep told me today that the car is due to arrive on 16/9 which suggests Glovis Sunrise. Is that right? I’d have thought mine was on Companion but Tesla rep was adamant it doesn’t arrive at Southampton until the 16th!
First rule about Tesla reps: they don’t have any clue.

Guys my car is coming next month, i ticked delivery and paying cash as my salary sacrifice scheme at work has still not been approved, as we own the leasing company and hence regulatory agreements are still being discussed 6 months on. So options are buy the car for cash and sell it in 3 - 6 months time when the Lease plan finally goes through or delay it, but who knows how long it will take for the companies SS to be approved. I understand SS does not effect AA pension contributions, just your overal salary, hence any redundancy package could be reduced ect and a very small impact on a few other benefits. Any one else compared the benefits od SS vs Cash on a 40% tax salary please? 🙃

The whole concept of “Octopus uses renewables so is not impacted by gas prices” needs to be challenged. The supply arm of Octopus by power from the grid. They can only buy the power from renewable generator but the electrons they supply to you come off the grid and are mixed with all the other ones

All generators sell their power at wholesale prices. Which in the UK market are not different for different generators! They are the price for the most expensive generator in use to meet overall Uk demand.

So whilst Octopus are buying wind, solar, hydro power your individual power may actually be coal generated and costs Octopus the same as gas generated

It’s complicated where a group also has generation. As Octopus may be/are generating with wind. But these are separate companies: Octopus generation is making money by generating at wind prices but selling at gas prices whilst Octopus supply is losing money as the price cap means they are selling at lower than wholesale prices
The whole thing is a bit of a smoke screen. Essentially the suppler buys green certificates supposedly generated to cover the green energy capacity in the market to cover their “green tariff “ customers. The certificates are also traded on a market. All supply comes from a common grid. AFAIK the number of certificates in circulation represents the potential green generation, so a times like now, when there’s no wind… all on a green tariff aren’t getting green!

This shows her getting a few things fixed at collection, like the door alignment. Does anyone know if this is possible at collection sites like Staines? The Bluewater video looked like there wasn't much there apart from a makeshift desk and some CS reps - nobody who could fix misalignments or faults
I’m not sure the expectation is to get it fixed immediately on site. Rather to document without any discussion that the issues are there from the start and therefore under warranty, for a later SC appointment.

Reactions: Toblerone
That's what I thought....so question is why, if arriving around 31/8, I have to wait until 19/9!

So my car is due to be collected on 19/9, VIN is 423 but was assigned at time of Glovis Companion allocations. Tesla rep told me today that the car is due to arrive on 16/9 which suggests Glovis Sunrise. Is that right? I’d have thought mine was on Companion but Tesla rep was adamant it doesn’t arrive at Southampton until the 16th!
I have a 415 VIN and am due to collect the car in Glasgow on the 20th, this is the earliest date I was offered and I am not sure why it is so long after the car arrives in the UK.

I have a 415 VIN and am due to collect the car in Glasgow on the 20th, this is the earliest date I was offered and I am not sure why it is so long after the car arrives in the UK.
I’m thinking maybe a bottleneck of flatbed trucks / transporters to accommodate the 4000+ cars to be unloaded on Sept 1st and dispatched to the various locations
+ Prepping each individual car by affixing reg plates, mud guards, ppf on rear doors, and placing charging cords. That surely takes a while

After 5 months of waiting, it’s nice to finally be in the driving seat of an electric car.

3D1A5EBE-9364-4F26-9899-37C40196252A.jpeg

Currently in Menorca on the south coast - Y due for delivery courtesy of Glovis Companion which is at 18 knots just south of us. I make it about 150 miles - I wonder if there is a telescope here I could borrow to see my car!
Likewise. I’m close to Malaga. Going to make sure the Rep on Tesla chat puts a note on my account to say I’m happy to take delivery at Malaga port to speed things up if poss 😜