Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I've missed this somewhere... but has anyone had confirmation (or read anything) from Tesla about acceleration boost being available on the Y LR for the UK specifically? Have a test drive at the weekend, but I'm pondering LR VS P, and this would be useful info to help make the decision a bit easier...

Two UK users here claim that the AB is available for new battery. I couldn't see why this would be removed from the MY LR as an option.

So Tesla asks you to do a wire transfer.
They supply the following:

Bank Swift Code: CITIGB2L
Account Name: Tesla Financial Services Limited
ABA/Routing #: 185008
IBAN: GB72CITI18500817559895
Account Number: 17559895

Halifax's wire transfer was broken.

I put the ABA as a Sort Code along with the Account Number to try BACS and it showed up as City Bank NA instead of GB lik the Swift implies.
It also reported it as unverifiable so I got scared and stopped.....

Probably ring halifax tomorrow.
This is strange. I got a different account number to pay to;
Sort Code: 18-50-08
Account Name: TESLA MOTORS LIMITED
Name: Tesla Motors Limited- GBP
Account Number: 17559860
Bank Name: Citibank
Currency: GBP
IBAN: GB47CITI18500817559860
Called my bank to make the transfer and they say it’s “unverified” as well. Kind of scary to send £60k when they say that, so it’s on pause for now until Tesla reply to my email. You’d think they’d reply promptly to someone offering a full cash payment. 🤔

Called my bank to make the transfer and they say it’s “unverified” as well. Kind of scary to send £60k when they say that, so it’s on pause for now until Tesla reply to my email. You’d think they’d reply promptly to someone offering a full cash payment. 🤔
Mine was partially financed so it went to Tesla Finance not Tesla direct. That should explain it.
I was terrified but it all shows up online now.
Only took a few hours from BACS to credit online.

Reactions: Pete UK
You always get 'unverified' for company accounts.. it's a pretty dumb check that says the account name you say has to be identical to the letter to the registered name, that was put in because of too many numpties sending money without checking the number first.

That said if you're worried transfer £5 or something then check the source code of the page to see if it arrives (can be instant, can take a couple of days).

Maybe I've missed this somewhere... but has anyone had confirmation (or read anything) from Tesla about acceleration boost being available on the Y LR for the UK specifically? Have a test drive at the weekend, but I'm pondering LR VS P, and this would be useful info to help make the decision a bit easier...
I've been debating this too. I had my heart set on the P, but feel the LR+AB will be best of both words - range and performance.

Not sure if the MY offers AB (I'm sure it will), but will see what you lucky owners say when you pick up in less than a months time :)

I have the same Tesla Bank details in my Tesla account. I sent £90 to Tesla's account on Saturday as a test. On Monday moring i logged onto my Tesla account and the £90 had been deducted from the balance I owe.

Reactions: RubberDuck46
Before you send a considerable amount to Tesla, just send a test £1 (or £10 if you're feeling reckless!) to the account specified in the "Wire Transfer" section, then verify the next day (or several hours later) that it went through - e.g.

1643116402766.png

These are the same details that I received. I sent a test payment and the balance due was updated within the hour. Sent a larger payment this morning and again updated quickly.

Mine was partially financed so it went to Tesla Finance not Tesla direct. That should explain it.
I was terrified but it all shows up online now.
Only took a few hours from BACS to credit online.
Ah that could explain it then. Yeah, it’s pretty nerve wracking. Especially since I haven’t even had any contact from a human this whole time.
Think I’ll send it tomorrow now. What could possibly go wrong 😬

Reactions: tomahhunt
My ‘next steps’ are we are drafting up your contract….. collection on the 19th confirmed. Are those of you paying money being asked to now and if so are your collections earlier than the 19th. Like others I would like time to make a small payment to test before handing over £55k 😬

I have the same Tesla Bank details in my Tesla account. I sent £90 to Tesla's account on Saturday as a test. On Monday moring i logged onto my Tesla account and the £90 had been deducted from the balance I owe.
Thank you so much. I hate BACS, this is why I always send £1 to make sure it is getting to the right account and then the rest of it. Relieved to see I can do the same with Tesla.