Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on release date, blue with inductions, completed all paper work about 3 weeks ago, did a test drive (so got plenty emails/sms's) at Thorpe Park. Asked for delivery at Thorpe - not a peep...
So after bleating about it this morning - expecting not to receive the car in Feb, I have agreed to some work travel end of Feb, got it all booked up and I have seen my status now has a delivery date 16feb-02mar!!! No text/email or anything. Now to try negotiate change in travel or change in car delivery!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: tess19 and Roarr
My ‘next steps’ are we are drafting up your contract….. collection on the 19th confirmed. Are those of you paying money being asked to now and if so are your collections earlier than the 19th. Like others I would like time to make a small payment to test before handing over £55k 😬
I'm in the same boat as you, collecting on the 19th but not had any update to pay the rest off.

Has anyone who's collecting on the 19th had the payment update? Wondering if it's just the earlier pickups for now...

This is strange. I got a different account number to pay to;
Sort Code: 18-50-08
Account Name: TESLA MOTORS LIMITED
Name: Tesla Motors Limited- GBP
Account Number: 17559860
Bank Name: Citibank
Bank Swift Code: CITIGB2L
Currency: GBP
IBAN: GB47CITI18500817559860
Called my bank to make the transfer and they say it’s “unverified” as well. Kind of scary to send £60k when they say that, so it’s on pause for now until Tesla reply to my email. You’d think they’d reply promptly to someone offering a full cash payment. 🤔
Just send £1, see if it appears on the account (takes 2-3 hours), then send the rest.

I'm in the same boat as you, collecting on the 19th but not had any update to pay the rest off.

Has anyone who's collecting on the 19th had the payment update? Wondering if it's just the earlier pickups for now...
Southampton pick-up on the 19th here. No notification from Tesla about payment but when I login I am greeted with:

"Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery"​

Final invoice states "Paid in full 7 days before delivery"

Southampton pick-up on the 19th here. No notification from Tesla about payment but when I login I am greeted with:

"Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery"​

Final invoice states "Paid in full 7 days before delivery"
Thanks for the info.

I've had no notification and when I log in I'm still getting -

Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Who knows what's going on with Tesla! Guess I'll just wait and see what happens over the next few days...

My ‘next steps’ are we are drafting up your contract….. collection on the 19th confirmed. Are those of you paying money being asked to now and if so are your collections earlier than the 19th. Like others I would like time to make a small payment to test before handing over £55k 😬
I think I got the invite to pay yesterday. Or maybe the day before. Pick up for me is on the 16th.
I called my bank, they set up the transfer instruction (he said it would go FPS) limit online is much less than over the phone (like 10-15k he said but “it depends”; guess he didn’t check for me !)
I chickened out when he said it was “unverified” but I think that’s normal for a business account after reading an earlier post)
When I logged into my bank online the payment instruction to Tesla was set up,
so I sent a transfer of £190 to test it.
If it’s showing in my Tesla account tomorrow I’ll call my bank and send the rest.
I’ll post back when it’s showing on account👍🏻
£290 down - £59,000 to go 😳

Reactions: Silox and Roarr
Thanks for the info.

I've had no notification and when I log in I'm still getting -

Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Who knows what's going on with Tesla! Guess I'll just wait and see what happens over the next few days...
sounds like the 19th era will be asked to pay later this week then. That £100 deposit was easy not as sure about the rest 😬

Reactions: YBoy
Over a week since I sent p/x pics. To chase or not to chase..

View attachment 759890
I cancelled the p/x quote . spoke to them and was told they were in a real mess! No chance before 31 January. Also my experience is that you will get a better price from Motorway! Problem to me of waiting is I was trading a M3 and the second hand market is going to get a glut of them in Feb/Mar as people trade up to the model Y. sold mine yesterday, will just wait carless foe a few weeks.

Reactions: tess19
For all those with no VIN yet - I ordered on day 2, and transferred the RN to a LeaseCo after a couple of weeks. Not heard anything and just contacted Tesla to check they have everything they need, they said they have everything in place but waiting for me to be matched to a car. They said they have 'several' boats leaving Shanghai over the next two weeks and I should be matched by mid Feb, for mid March delivery. So we carry on waiting.....

• Informative
Reactions: Roarr and HaggisMan
Anyone can recommend a place to get all-weather floor matts?
AliExpress (Chinese Amazon-type site) have the cheapest floor mats for complete coverage and also trunk/frunk liners. Mostly I get stuff in 1 - 2 weeks. Make sure you are selecting RHD MY from the many options, and only go with good reviews. So many tesla accessories on there it's insane, most of my products have been fine and much cheaper. Hope this helps.

Reactions: tomahhunt
Ive picked up 3 so far and never been asked for anything but my driving licence?
Yeah I don't think you need proof unless you have made payment late, say within a couple of days of collection.

I got an email from the delivery team with a week to go stating I need to complete payment and send proof, and I just sent them a screenshot of my online Tesla order showing £0 balance and they confirmed everything was in order.

I cancelled my trade in request, not sure if that has anything to do with getting assigned a vehicle. I read someone else's post about cancelling it and then once assigned a date, contact them to re-apply it.
That was me. I've still got collection booked for Southampton on the 19th and have been waiting about a week for a valuation so far. They assured me if I accept their offer I can just drive down in my old car and collect new at the same time.

Reactions: ngreyn
Spoke to James on the delivery team to try to get me collection moved from Southampton to Duxford; 1 hour away rather than 3.5 hours. He explained that there were 2 factors. Firstly that Duxford is a much smaller event, about 100 collections, and secondly a question of logistics: would a vehicle matching my spec, (MYLR MSM Black interior 19' wheels) be available there. He kindly called me back and advised he had checked this and the main reason is that they are doing trade-ins at Southampton and not at Duxford. They are expecting 1,000 collections at Southampton!