Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There could be problems with waiting for Berlin
1. Why would Tesla ever produce RHD models in Berlin? China is the RHD capital of the world. China will always produce cheaper cars than Berlin and delivery costs are similar despite the distance.
2. There is doubt whether Tesla will ever produce batteries in Berlin due to difficulties with German regs requiring sharing of battery design/knowledge? If they cant the pricing model will be difficult due to EU content rules unless Tesla buy local.
3. Even if Berlin were to manufacture RHD cars , why would they until demand in Europe is satisfied?
We can all produce excuses why to wait, 22 upgrades, 23 upgrades etc. With the current rate of inflation running at 7+%pa, we will never see these low prices again. If you want one buy now. If a better one comes out next year sell and buy again. I guarantee you will suffer no depreciation on a Tesla 3/Y LR!

1. Why would Tesla ever produce RHD models in Berlin? China is the RHD capital of the world. China will always produce cheaper cars than Berlin and delivery costs are similar despite the distance.
2. There is doubt whether Tesla will ever produce batteries in Berlin due to difficulties with German regs requiring sharing of battery design/knowledge? If they cant the pricing model will be difficult due to EU content rules unless Tesla buy local.
3. Even if Berlin were to manufacture RHD cars , why would they until demand in Europe is satisfied?
We can all produce excuses why to wait, 22 upgrades, 23 upgrades etc. With the current rate of inflation running at 7+%pa, we will never see these low prices again. If you want one buy now. If a better one comes out next year sell and buy again. I guarantee you will suffer no depreciation on a Tesla 3/Y LR!
Very true; i know you can play the 'what if' game on these and when to take delivery.

With the different plants at differing stages of battery development I think it does further support the notion of only incremental/evolutional changes for the end consumer but cost savings for Tesla.

Still very excited for delivery; i am coming from a 2yr old BMW M135i so is somewhat of a change (more space; higher up etc).

Just had a call from my very friendly Tesla rep as I emailed him about my leaseplan delivery date.

So I’m hoping this ain’t bullshit as he said he wanted to call instead of put it in email but apparently Leaseplan and the enterprise team at Tesla have their own portal and the branch therefore can’t see any delivery date from my RN (yet).

I thought this was concerning. However, he believes that leaseplan (who I have emailed and have yet again confirmed the delivery date of 10/02/22) would have better info than him on these fleet cars and that the timing sounds right from what he knows and it may therefore m just be that Leaseplan were on the ball and one of the first big order placers in the uk therefore snatching the earliest cars?

Please don’t shoot the messenger but I am hoping this is true as he even offered to buy me a coffee to see the car if I should get a RHD before even they do (it will be delivered directly to me).

For those of you who have already ordered a Model Y, I'm currently in the USA and a few days ago managed to drive a Model Y (LR, black induction alloys) for several hours and that was very good.

The layout was already familiar compared to my Model 3, a slightly harder ride but perfectly acceptable to me - this included concrete freeway & less than perfect tarmac city streets including residential gulleys and various large speed humps.

It felt a little sluggish off the line but more than enough overall, especially against the way most cars here leave traffic lights (slowly). Maybe if I had been able to compare an acceleration boost model with mine the difference would have been less noticeable.

The higher seating position and overall visibility is excellent and the boot is significantly larger and more practical than the smaller version.

I still think I will get one of these sometime in the future once the range increases against my existing car, the experience was very positive and the Y looks far nicer in the flesh than in videos or pictures. I'm sure those who have already ordered will love their car.

Yes, and secondhand car inflation (!!) at 8% I read. So it's entirely possible with limited availability that a low mileage, good condition, immediately available MY could be worth as much or more than new. I recall when the new BMW Mini Cooper S came out people were selling their order reservations for ££££'s on eBay.

Reactions: Fleetham
I’ve ordered a MY LR through Tusker in the last couple of weeks. Before ordering they were quoting 22 weeks, now they’re saying early January which can’t be right?!
Also, any idea when it’ll be added to the EVHS?
Now quoting early March which sounds more reasonable.
I emailed the OZEV and Tesla to enquire about the EVHS grant. OZEV said they hadn’t had an application for the MY and Tesla said they had applied, they were going to recheck… I’d advise others to do the same if you want a charger installed before the March 31st deadline as installers are booking up

Now quoting early March which sounds more reasonable.
I emailed the OZEV and Tesla to enquire about the EVHS grant. OZEV said they hadn’t had an application for the MY and Tesla said they had applied, they were going to recheck… I’d advise others to do the same if you want a charger installed before the March 31st deadline as installers are booking up
Seriously hope it’s March, bought a plate
EV22 TES 😁🤞

Reactions: MrT3
Anybody know if its the same one that has been in Westfield and is being moved between the showrooms or another car? Heading to London tomorrow so was going to go on a detour to Westfield to take a look so hope its still there!
Was thinking this myself the other day in regards to these lhd demos being rotated. You can always phone ahead and ask but to be fair, White City is a decent place to go imho and probably still the cheapest place to park in London so you might as well take a punt/live life on the edge a bit :)

Just to give you the heads-up that you are supposed to book an appointment in Westfield Tesla showroom to see the Y. I turned up on spec the other day and the guy there looked after me and gave me a chance to properly see it even though the slots were supposed to be booked out for the next 3 hours.

I said I had a M3 and MY on order which seemed to help.

If I was really helpful I’d know or find out how you can book a slotI (but I’m not). I’d guess it might be considered a test drive 🤷‍♂️.

Just to give you the heads-up that you are supposed to book an appointment in Westfield Tesla showroom to see the Y. I turned up on spec the other day and the guy there looked after me and gave me a chance to properly see it even though the slots were supposed to be booked out for the next 3 hours.

I said I had a M3 and MY on order which seemed to help.

If I was really helpful I’d know or find out how you can book a slotI (but I’m not). I’d guess it might be considered a test drive 🤷‍♂️.
You can book a slot here:

For those of you who have already ordered a Model Y, I'm currently in the USA and a few days ago managed to drive a Model Y (LR, black induction alloys) for several hours and that was very good.

The layout was already familiar compared to my Model 3, a slightly harder ride but perfectly acceptable to me - this included concrete freeway & less than perfect tarmac city streets including residential gulleys and various large speed humps.

It felt a little sluggish off the line but more than enough overall, especially against the way most cars here leave traffic lights (slowly). Maybe if I had been able to compare an acceleration boost model with mine the difference would have been less noticeable.

The higher seating position and overall visibility is excellent and the boot is significantly larger and more practical than the smaller version.

I still think I will get one of these sometime in the future once the range increases against my existing car, the experience was very positive and the Y looks far nicer in the flesh than in videos or pictures. I'm sure those who have already ordered will love their car.
Thanks for your reassuring words. I have ordered a Y, but have only driven a 3. There a lot of haters and trolls out there. 🙏😊

Thanks for your reassuring words. I have ordered a Y, but have only driven a 3. There a lot of haters and trolls out there. 🙏😊
I'm seeing Y's everywhere during this visit but so far only one Performance model, almost all are LRs and many have the black Induction alloys which look extremely stylish (I'm not a fan of the 19" Gemini looks even though they are undoubtedly more efficient). The darker coloured cars, especially MSM and Blue seem to suit the profile of the Y extremely well & although the plain American front grille on the 3 & Y still doesn't appeal to me, UK number plates do a pretty good job in breaking that up.

There's been a lot of snow where I am at the moment & the Model Y ABS plastic wheel arches/lower sills look to be doing a much better job with the grit & salt compared to the Model 3s. I've seen quite a few parked up Fremont made 3s where the sills and arches are noticeably pitted & 'beat up' in the same areas that the Y's use plastic (possibly a bit unfair because the Y is a newer car of course). Higher ground clearance on the Y is also going to help with this.

• Informative
Reactions: Doudeau
There a lot of haters and trolls out there. 🙏😊
Even die hard Tesla supporting youtubers complain about the ride, I'm not sure calling them haters and trolls is appropriate because you've found one person on the internet has a view that the ride is acceptable to them. You may find the ride fine, but any sane person would heed the advice of the many and approach it with at least an open mind and ideally want to try it before they bought it.