Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leaseplan (company car) have just confirmed my delivery for 10/02/22. As they were slow this order was confirmed 3 weeks after the model y went live so I feel I am probably in the middle of the queue? Now expecting to see deliveries end of Jan.

I’d be very (pleasantly) surprised to see any cars in Jan. They’d need to starting the build now and get them on a boat very shortly. Given Tesla tend to ship RHD cars en masse for quarter end then it just doesn’t stack up with their usual methods to ship RHD Ys until Jan/Feb for March arrival.

Last edited:
First deliveries by mid-quarter are certainly possible. Our M3 was delivered mid-Q4 (Nov 10) on a ship (TALIA) which departed within a week of the start of Q4.

So Feb 10 delivery is plausible. January not so much, unless they've already changed their production/delivery schedules as per a recent Elon Edict.

I’d be very (pleasantly) surprised to see any cars in Jan. They’d need to starting the build now and get them on a boat very shortly. Given Tesla tend to ship RHD cars en masse for quarter end then it just doesn’t stack up with their usual methods to ship RHD Ys until Jan/Feb for March arrival.
Don't forget Elon's recent email to staff which is meant to get them away from massive rush at the end of quarter so its possible they will have them arriving at the tail end of January.

I'm aware of Elon's email about flattening the sombrero (or was that someone else?) of the end of quarter rush.
This has actually been achieved in the USA. Moving all export production from Fremont to China, sorted it at a stroke.
When (If) GF Berlin comes online this will even out MY deliveries throughout the quarter for Europe. I still think export models (to the UK) will be made early in the quarter though.
I think we may have an oversupply of M3 to Europe/UK this quarter which will mean that there should be stock available in January which will be a first and will also support Elon's aim
I have not spotted any ships departing Shanghai so far that would support January deliveries.
In my opinion anything being shipped now will just be the dregs of Q4 production.
As far as the UK is concerned I am pretty sure Tesla will want MY to make a statement with the Mar sales figures.
So as far as the end of quarter rush is concerned for the UK, it is still very much on for Q4 and will feature in Q1 2022 too.

Reactions: Jason71 and Js1977
My experience with the 3 M3s Ive bought so far that changing the colour etc at a late stage is not difficult. I have never been pushed to the back of the queue...infact twice it accelerated delivery. Also now the deposit is a miserly £100 why not order a second car now and lock in the price? Its only £100 after all and it may save a £1000 or so?

would you recommend the black or think white would look nicer in real life with the Red Y?
Whilst in Barcelona in Oct, I visited the Tesla showroom which had the Y in blue (FYI very nice shade) and it had the light colored seats.

From what I saw it had a few marks on the fabric and was only relatively new in the showroom, enough to make me go for the darker seats.

Reactions: Tameautumn
t.jpg

Thought I would update with some pics from the showroom.

Reactions: Tameautumn