Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it has been mentioned before yet it is annoying that the Model Y is not yet listed on the UK government homecharge scheme.

I fear by the time it is all the pre March 31st slots will be gone; a lot of the installation places I am contacting (in Essex) are saying it will be tight even if I ordered now.

I know it has been mentioned before yet it is annoying that the Model Y is not yet listed on the UK government homecharge scheme.

I fear by the time it is all the pre March 31st slots will be gone; a lot of the installation places I am contacting (in Essex) are saying it will be tight even if I ordered now.

Coincidentally I received some responses on this from OZEV and Tesla today.

OZEV say it’s up to the manufacturer to to apply.

My local Tesla advisors say they don’t know when Tesla will apply, but it might be tight with UK spec cars not around until March (ish).

Quite annoying. I think I spotted the Mercedes EQS on there which I suspect won’t be ‘in country’ before March (just a hunch though).

Suggest you pester your local Tesla advisor (strength in numbers!). For me it could mean the charger being an extra £350+, not ideal.

Viewed the Westfield LR MY today and was pleasantly surprised at the depth and volume of storage, head space in rear and more elevated driving position. It felt like quite a different car to the M3 and will be a useful addition.

The Tesla sales rep couldn’t confirm parcel shelf or whether UK cars in Q2/3 would come from
Germany, but did say UK cars would have the darkened rear side glass that the Westfield car has.

The car looked good in red with upgraded wheels, but I’m still worried about the ride quality. All in all, I haven’t changed my spec - grey/black/standard wheels.
re Berlin... I don't think have got all the permits required to start production yet and online media have been reporting an ETA of "weeks" for months! So is anyone's guess when. that might start. Also I read it's likely initial production will be performance model in black or white only to start.

I've also ordered grey+std wheels.

Coincidentally I received some responses on this from OZEV and Tesla today.

OZEV say it’s up to the manufacturer to to apply.

My local Tesla advisors say they don’t know when Tesla will apply, but it might be tight with UK spec cars not around until March (ish).

Quite annoying. I think I spotted the Mercedes EQS on there which I suspect won’t be ‘in country’ before March (just a hunch though).

Suggest you pester your local Tesla advisor (strength in numbers!). For me it could mean the charger being an extra £350+, not ideal.
Thanks for the update.

I contacted an installer and they are happy to take the £350 off the install pending Tesla MY inclusion. If it misses the cut off I will have to pay back the missed £350 (which seems fair on their side).

Rolling the dice.

hover over the like icon in the bottom right of each post:

1640871830504.png

LHD by the looks of it. Unsure where they are going and when the bumpers are getting stuck on.

It’s a possibility P will come from Berlin as the timeframe is ‘mid 2022’. Argument against is why would Berlin produce RHD? It’s going to be an interesting year. I’m still hoping Y come from Berlin with a new paint choice.