Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had an email inviting test drives at Thorpe park or Trafford park during January. Presumably LHD
I had a similar one a few weeks ago for Leeds. There's at least two (red and white) going around the country. The white one was in Leeds and the red is/was in London.

My tip - I felt like it was like trying on a pair of shoes at the shops where you don't walk like you usually do. In this situation, you're in a showroom and not actually driving so it's easy to forget to think about visibility for example. I already knew the visibility out the rear isn't great from videos but forgot to actually see it using the rear view mirror.

I had a similar one a few weeks ago for Leeds. There's at least two (red and white) going around the country. The white one was in Leeds and the red is/was in London.

My tip - I felt like it was like trying on a pair of shoes at the shops where you don't walk like you usually do. In this situation, you're in a showroom and not actually driving so it's easy to forget to think about visibility for example. I already knew the visibility out the rear isn't great from videos but forgot to actually see it using the rear view mirror.
This invite is for actual test drives. Manchester and Thorpe park.

Apparently Trafford park and Thorpe Park have the first RHD Model Y’s in the uk for test driving!

Attachments

• DCADDA7F-7160-4112-81F8-267540CDE38E.png
    DCADDA7F-7160-4112-81F8-267540CDE38E.png
    585.3 KB · Views: 71
Spoke with a rep a moment ago: both Thorpe Park and Trafford Park test drives are fully booked now. In March another batch of test drives should be made available.

I also asked about the 7 seater. I was told not to expect it this year. The operative was basing his prediction on other markets: mainland Europe has had a couple of quarters of MY with no indication of a 7 seat option; the far East 3-4 quarters without it.

However, I'm not sure how informed that thinking is... As soon as Shanghai starts producing RHD 7 seaters there's no reason why it shouldn't be made available to the UK is there?

Hello everyone - new here. I've a Model Y on order in UK, and just spoken to Tesla - they told me that an update with delivery information should be sent out to me (I ordered the morning of Day 2) in the next 5-7 days. Not sure if that is helpful..!
Hi. I'm new on this forum and have similarly placed an order for a Model Y in the UK (evening of Day 1). Thank you for your post as I may similarly get an update from Tesla which I will now anticipate. Heard nothing so far! Will be following this forum with interest...

Just booked a test drive at Trafford Park for a couple of weeks away. I would expect they are RHD LR. Test drives are available earlier so I’m sure we will get UK verdicts coming through soon.

I’d like the flexibility of the hatch.
They have sent me 2 different times to come (on text) and have now sent a text asking me to configure a MY - which I already have done. Seems like a wee push on from Tesla.

They have sent me 2 different times to come (on text) and have now sent a text asking me to configure a MY - which I already have done. Seems like a wee push on from Tesla.

I also received two different times for a test drive. One I booked, and one I didn't. I'm on hold with them now but the wait times are 20min+ :mad:

Oh, and I also received an email at the same time as the text saying that I'm driving a Model 3! What a shambles.

Hi all, first post.

Model Y LR Red with black interior ordered early Dec via company scheme (Zenith). Zenith have advised 18 March as delivery date and by mid-end March separately on the phone. RN number finally received today and when I spoke to Tesla they said no update on delivery and the latest info they have is ‘early 2022’ per their website, though they are hoping to have better information after the next 2 weeks.

Sadly the advisor told me that as the order was via Zenith they will not allow me to add the info to my personal account.

Saw the Westfield London MY in red on the day it arrived and it was great, so very much looking forward to getting on, and hope it’s not a wait till June!

I thought I would share (for what it is worth) what I was told from Tesla today re: MY order (white - black wheels).

Emails re: how to setup accounts will be sent next 5/7days.
These will contain information as to finance offers/deals etc.
Only two test vehicles in the country currently though will be more once the first shipment arrives.
Shipments will start arriving early Feb with a few planned for rest of Feb and into March.
Can not offer any exact individual deliveries dates at this time.
Apparently cash purchases will be given priority on the first shipments (I assume this would be the lease company purchases?)

Not sure how accurate this information is yet there seems to be some general themes that are consistent etc. I think we will hear more in next week or so.

Last edited:
Quite annoying.. I've got one on order and only live 60mins from Thorpe Park.. heard nothing and this event isn't listed on the Tesla web site either.
I contacted Tesla via online chat who were useless.

Quite annoying.. I've got one on order and only live 60mins from Thorpe Park.. heard nothing and this event isn't listed on the Tesla web site either.
I contacted Tesla via online chat who were useless.
So you can’t access this link??

Reactions: dazzap
So you can’t access this link??

I could, thank you but.... "Due to an overwhelming response, the event is currently at maximum capacity and we are no longer accepting RSVPs" 😭