Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else got one on order as a first Tesla and getting frustrated at nearing the "hand over the cash" stage but while essentially being told tuff by Tesla around getting a decent test drive?
It's making me really uneasy... it's not exactly a small amount of money.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for posting.
I've ordered from a lease company, in middle of November.
Am I right to assume I shouldn't be expecting an email from Tesla about next steps?

Also, anyone else ordered directly from Tesla, middle of November, received this email?

Just trying to figure out whether I'll be lucky enough to receive the MY in Feb too 🤞
I ordered on the 15th Nov from Tesla and have access to next steps.

Anyone else got one on order as a first Tesla and getting frustrated at nearing the "hand over the cash" stage but while essentially being told tuff by Tesla around getting a decent test drive?
It's making me really uneasy... it's not exactly a small amount of money.

Am I missing something?
Are you missing that you are ordering a car that's new to the UK and there isn't a test drive stock of RHD test drive cars ? If you push your order off until the summer I'm sure you can get a test drive before a delivery.

Can you "push" the order to later date without lossing the deposit?
Apparently so.

1641573770684.png

So I’ve started to complete the ‘next steps’ and something is confusing me. I’ve entered my trade in details and uploaded photos. When I select my financing options including downpayment, the amount due is estimated at -7000. It’s taking my trade in estimate as a 20K positive but It’s financed with about 4K of equity in it.

The question I have is, once the trade in est is confirmed, are there options to enter finance details that will update the rest of the finance?

Hoping there is plenty of experience of this from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Can you "push" the order to later date without lossing the deposit?

Speak to Tesla but almost certainly, lots of people have pushed out Model 3 orders several times.
Yes, you can delay delivery, I did it today. I just replied to the text from my local store and asked to delay until nearer to the end of my current lease, they said they had recorded it on their system and would be in touch closer to the time.

Reactions: haohaohao
Are you missing that you are ordering a car that's new to the UK and there isn't a test drive stock of RHD test drive cars ? If you push your order off until the summer I'm sure you can get a test drive before a delivery.
:rolleyes:
Apparently so.

View attachment 753013

It'll be interesting to see how hard they push.
I know Tesla largely have enough dribbling fanboys to keep order queues full enough to be pretty anti-regular-customer but getting told I may be asked to pay for a car when there was a possibility of not being able to test drive one ahead of time "due to huge demand" today seemed a bit off.

Tesla is still the biggest concern I have in buying a Tesla - hoping to be proven wrong!

Does anyone know what battery the RHD MYLR will come with?
No. The WLTP rating suggests the LG 75 kWh battery that Europe has been getting. But at some point we would expect to see that changed to the newer LG 79 kWh battery.

Similar situation to the M3 - you could get either.

Only Hong Kong seems to be getting the larger battery at the moment, guaranteed, as their WLTP rating is higher.

Yes, you can delay delivery, I did it today. I just replied to the text from my local store and asked to delay until nearer to the end of my current lease, they said they had recorded it on their system and would be in touch closer to the time.
You need to be a bit careful with this as Tesla will probably put your order on hold. For example if you told them you didn't want it until April (and you actually want it in April), they are likely to put your order on hold until April, at which point your order goes into the queue and you don't get one until June or August - people have been caught out by this in the past.

You need to be a bit careful with this as Tesla will probably put your order on hold. For example if you told them you didn't want it until April (and you actually want it in April), they are likely to put your order on hold until April, at which point your order goes into the queue and you don't get one until June or August - people have been caught out by this in the past.
Good to know, thanks.

No. The WLTP rating suggests the LG 75 kWh battery that Europe has been getting. But at some point we would expect to see that changed to the newer LG 79 kWh battery.

Similar situation to the M3 - you could get either.

Only Hong Kong seems to be getting the larger battery at the moment, guaranteed, as their WLTP rating is higher.
Interesting, looks like the Hong Kong LR comes with Induction wheels and a WLTP range of 542km or 336miles. Might be worth the wait for a bigger battery as probably over 350 miles with 19 inch wheels.

:rolleyes:

It'll be interesting to see how hard they push.
I know Tesla largely have enough dribbling fanboys to keep order queues full enough to be pretty anti-regular-customer but getting told I may be asked to pay for a car when there was a possibility of not being able to test drive one ahead of time "due to huge demand" today seemed a bit off.

Tesla is still the biggest concern I have in buying a Tesla - hoping to be proven wrong!
Dribbling fanboys? Nobody is forcing you to buy the car and as Grilla says, wait until you can drive one before ordering or taking delivery, they’ve not put your name on a physical car yet, but I sense your relationship with Tesla is already doomed.

I convinced my friend Alex to buy a MY: he has rug rats and needs a hatch.
He ordered on the day that Tesla opened orders in the UK.

Today he got this:
"Next steps for your Model Y order
Sign in to your Tesla Account to complete pre‑delivery tasks for your upcoming delivery."

So his car is on the way.... delivery from the first car transporter?
Or??

I convinced my friend Alex to buy a MY: he has rug rats and needs a hatch.
He ordered on the day that Tesla opened orders in the UK.

Today he got this:
"Next steps for your Model Y order
Sign in to your Tesla Account to complete pre‑delivery tasks for your upcoming delivery."

So his car is on the way.... delivery from the first car transporter?
Or??
If he ordered a LR, then yes. Expect it some time Feb. If he ordered a P (like me, I had the message) then no. Still mid year.