Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amd and double glass, no boot cover. Thorpe Park today.

With regards to firm drive. Yes it is firm, however I have a BMW X5 Msport with run flats. The ride is firmer in the BMW than it was in the Tesla Y so I found it absolutely fine in comparison. Steering is very sharp and feels like it was on rails. Quieter than expected in the cockpit.

View attachment 753715View attachment 753716View attachment 753717
The front glass will be laminated, it is the rear that is to also get in in the new updates.

WRT the ride, firmness is a given but the complaints are more about the unsettled ride, getting thrown about a bit side to side over an uneven surface. The M3 is prone to this and the MY could be worse due to the extra height. How did it feel to you?

Re rear parcel shelf… it’s the first thing removed from every hatchback I’ve ever owned! Only get put back when time to sell the car. The pull out ones in particular are a bit rubbish as you can’t really use them as a shelf.

I bet Tesla know that too!
For me too. Sometimes we have a hard job working out which goes with which car as we've sold a few and forgot to put them in.

Do these uk models come with floor mats?
Yes - part of the standard spec listed on Tesla's website:

1641731470045.png

I assume they will be like the M3 - fairly thin carpet ones, not the more expensive rubber ones you want at this time of year.

The front glass will be laminated, it is the rear that is to also get in in the new updates.

WRT the ride, firmness is a given but the complaints are more about the unsettled ride, getting thrown about a bit side to side over an uneven surface. The M3 is prone to this and the MY could be worse due to the extra height. How did it feel to you?
I arrived in my M3 and test drove the MY on the same roads me and all passengers (including one in the back) remarked how much nicer it felt that the M3 with less roll etc (accepting we didn’t do any fast banking corners but all good.

Reactions: MrT3 and dangrenade
That doesn't decode properly on any of the VIN decoders beyond saying Model Y.. they're out of date. It's from china and it possibly has a lithium battery but can't tell anything else.
d1a093c36336874b41786117dc55a29b7269db0a_2_1332x1000.jpeg

I've just submitted the pictures required for trade in. Realise it's currently Sunday but how long does the submission process usually take?
I did mine on Friday night but not expecting them to review it until tomorrow. Hopeful they will do it soon though as I’m beside myself with excitement. So much so, I’ve just bought a spoiler, wheel centre caps, lug nuts and a boot liner. 😆

Thank you. Are there any provisions in the boot to install a third-party parcel shelf? If not, how good was the tinting?
Search YT for Model Y - Cargo Security Cover as there are a few options there, the tints prob ok for dark items.

Definitely something I would want added, I suppose it depends on if you leave things in the car and where you usually park the car I guess

Last edited: