Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TBF I think your natural progression would of been an X hence no surprise there imho. To put it into context, I would of had an S or X
Maybe right but X is too big and quite expensive. I kind of expected a 60k+ car to give me a really uplifting feel but it left me thinking omg 60k! I'd like a Y that felt like a smaller S and would have been super happy but really having driven it now I think I may pimp my S, wait a couple of years and see what else there is. Yes the S is a bit on the large side so we don't use it for shopping trips 😀. I'm sure the Y works for many and maybe I'm out of touch with car prices especially if buying on contract. Maybe there will be a premium in March and I'll buy the Y and sell it on.

I kind of expected a 60k+ car to give me a really uplifting feel but it left me thinking omg 60k!
The M3 is no different really at £50k compared to the same money spent on a £50k ICE vehicle. You either want the performance, tech, environmental benefits, tax saving or cost savings that come if you do high mileage to justify the price being asked.

Reactions: VX Foxy
The team also told me than the MY will come from Berlin, not China
Highly unlikely to get a car in Feb if thats the case. Tesla don't have the permits yet to make any cars other than a few hundred for testing purposes only.

It's been said many times, Tesla sales staff are not always right. They're not always wrong either, but on this one I'm not convinced, at least not until the Performance Model which may be why the lead time for those is longer.

Amd and double glass, no boot cover. Thorpe Park today.

With regards to firm drive. Yes it is firm, however I have a BMW X5 Msport with run flats. The ride is firmer in the BMW than it was in the Tesla Y so I found it absolutely fine in comparison. Steering is very sharp and feels like it was on rails. Quieter than expected in the cockpit.

IMG_20220109_081739.jpg
IMG_20220109_082643.jpg
IMG_20220109_082704.jpg

Last edited:
Highly unlikely to get a car in Feb if thats the case. Tesla don't have the permits yet to make any cars other than a few hundred for testing purposes only.

It's been said many times, Tesla sales staff are not always right. They're not always wrong either, but on this one I'm not convinced, at least not until the Performance Model which may be why the lead time for those is longer.
Technically, many deliveries come via Europe, unless the ship docks directly in the UK?

Technically, many deliveries come via Europe, unless the ship docks directly in the UK?
When someone says "Germany" in this contect they're talking about where manufactured not countries of transit.
As an aside, China deliveries are direct and not via Germany, the nearest we've ever had to cars from continental Europe was when the Model S and Model X had final assembly in Holland and thats not happened for a couple of years.

On the windows, that looks like a front window, fairly sure they've been double pane for a while and its the rears that we're waiting to hear if double pane.

Last edited:
Reactions: Campi and sircoynie