Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie post. I have a MYLR on order, test drive booked at Thorpe Park in a few weeks. I completed all the tasks required yesterday for pre delivery. I want to add an option of tow bar. Does anyone know the best way to do this and if this might delay delivery? TIA!

Well I had the Y test drive today. TBH a bit underwhelmed by it. Currently have an S which I've really enjoyed. The Y just doesn't feel like a premium car like the S does.
Main dislikes, door handles, lack of central screen, no wiper stalk control, plastic seats and steering wheel. I like range, looks outside, big wheels height inside, charge speed. But not sure will deal despite my deposit. Anyone else feel similar or am I missing something?

Well I had the Y test drive today. TBH a bit underwhelmed by it. Currently have an S which I've really enjoyed. The Y just doesn't feel like a premium car like the S does.
Main dislikes, door handles, lack of central screen, no wiper stalk control, plastic seats and steering wheel. I like range, looks outside, big wheels height inside, charge speed. But not sure will deal despite my deposit. Anyone else feel similar or am I missing something?
You could have saved the wait for a Y by testing a 3…

I can imagine moving from an S to a 3/Y might be pronounced, it is a different proposition.

To be fair the S has always been sold as the more premium experience.

The 3 and Y was hoped to be more mass market (granted in UK the pricing of these could never really be described as mainstream).

To be fair iits also £20k less.... You would expect it to be less of a vehicle... The S runs in premium four door territory. The wiper stalks worry me as well. Will need to decide post my drive tomorrow

TBF I think your natural progression would of been an X hence no surprise there imho. To put it into context, I would of had an S or X if the external size was smaller or I lived in the USA where everything is oversized including parking spaces (I assume).

Do any of the test drivers today have any thoughts on the ride quality on inductions? I have a model 3 on standard 18’s and would be interested in knowing if it was significantly harder.
I own a Honda CRV and for the suspension was pretty much similar, therefore Very acceptable, the road noise also. The seat was very comfortable. I have taken the inside average boot dimensions: length seat up 110cm seat Down 190cm, smallest width 95cm (between the wheel curve), height 70cm.

Reactions: MrT3
Not sure, because they told me the MY will come from Berlin and he told me that the car I have drove today come from Berlin. But I am still not sure that it true or not
Berlin factory doesn’t have a license to begin production yet so the first batch of MYs coming into the country won’t be from there. The fact you were told this means you should probably ignore everything else you were told.

I doubt the car you drove was a pre-production car from Berlin but without the VIN we cannot be sure. We know one of the test drive vehicles is China built - I would have thought they would all come from the same place.

Berlin factory doesn’t have a license to begin production yet so the first batch of MYs coming into the country won’t be from there. The fact you were told this means you should probably ignore everything else you were told.

I doubt the car you drove was a pre-production car from Berlin but without the VIN we cannot be sure. We know one of the test drive vehicles is China built - I would have thought they would all come from the same place.
You certainly right. I took picture with the VIN no

Attachments

• IMG_20220108_140130_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220108_140130_HDR.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: MrT3