Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just come off a webchat with Tesla regarding a Model Y order. My query was related to the likely timescale for a trade in valuation to be completed for an old Q5, which I requested last Saturday. They are expecting it could take another 7 days from their end due to the volume of trade in requests they have to work through. Been assured that any delay won't affect timescale for delivery which I have been advised is likely end of February.

I note that there are a few of us waiting for trade in valuations so I guess we'll have to be patient...

I just got off the phone from Tesla (trying to unsuccessfully book a MY test drive).
The lovely lady said they've just received an update this morning:

- NO PARCEL SHELF for orders coming from shanghai.
- MYP will have a parcel shelf as they are coming from Berlin.
- the increased range is down to an update to the 12v battery. This is the case with the MY coming from Shanghai.

- she also confirmed delivery date looking at mid-late Feb. I gave my RN number and I ordered end of November from a leasing company.

Reactions: Roarr
I just got off the phone from Tesla (trying to unsuccessfully book a MY test drive).

- the increased range is down to an update to the 12v battery. This is the case with the MY coming from Shanghai.

- she also confirmed delivery date looking at mid-late Feb. I gave my RN number and I ordered end of November from a leasing company.
Looks like an aftermarket Parcel shelf will be required then.

That's not very credible then!! a 12v battery increasing range, wow, wonder how that works :eek::oops::rolleyes: I'm sure Tesla UK staff don't really know!

Just got off an online chat with Tesla and was told the following when I asked about the range increase:
Yes we have been informed today of the change, a new battery pack with higher energy density, which helps Model Y Long Range AWD achieve a higher range.   The Model Y LR is now with 331 miles range

I also asked about the other upgrades (12V battery, double pane rear door glass, AMD processor, cargo cover) and was told the first cars to the UK will have all of them apart from the cargo cover. She wasn't able to tell me when the cargo cover would be coming or whether it would be available as a retrofit.

Increased range is due to 82kWh battery, the RHD Model Y's for test drive in Manchester have that battery.

I also asked about the other upgrades (12V battery, double pane rear door glass, AMD processor, cargo cover) and was told the first cars to the UK will have all of them apart from the cargo cover. She wasn't able to tell me when the cargo cover would be coming or whether it would be available as a retrofit.
I'm interested in knowing more about the parcel shelf given the UK manual doesn't say "if equipped with..." when describing it. Indicates to me that it "should" come with one (even after the fact).

Increased range is due to 82kWh battery, the RHD Model Y's for test drive in Manchester have that battery.

Quite. Even I was confused why a 12v battery would cause such significant range increase.

Either way...good news; shame other important physical items such as a parcel shelf is not for the current batch...and the demand for retro-fitting a parcel shelf would be huge; I'm sure they will charge.

This makes no sense as the original parcel shelf leak comes from a Shanghai source?

Maybe they “think” they won’t have them as their Demo RHD’s don’t currently have them but they are earlier builds?

This makes no sense as the original parcel shelf leak comes from a Shanghai source?

Maybe they “think” they won’t have them as their Demo RHD’s don’t currently have them but they are earlier builds?
She was reading off some information that they received this morning, where it said the MYP will come with a parcel shelf.

Notably, what she read out to me did not mention 12v battery upgrade, but more in keeping with other comments made above about a larger battery pack@82kw, which is confirmed by a test driver.

Fingers crossed for the parcel shelf, but I won't be holding my breath. Having said that, I seldom use mine in the Q8, but it's always good to have as an option. Certainly if the noise from the boot is an issue.

As a side note - I always think it will heat the car up quicker with a boot shelf in situ, as you're not 'wasting' hot air heating the boot unnecessarily...maybe that's just me though

Reactions: Roarr

Agree - this pretty dubious info. 12v battery upgrade has nothing to do with increased range, and the first pictures of a MY parcel shelf came from Shanghai.

The Thorpe Park Grey MY has double pane glass front and rear as well as AMD Ryzen and was built in October before the parcel shelf leak. I suspect all MY MIC will have the parcel shelf (and 12V Li-ion battery upgrade), plus larger LG 82kWH battery, Ryzen and read double pane glass.