Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be interested to hear experiences about the Model Y seats compared to the Model 3. I had assumed the front seats were identical, but they have different part numbers in the EPC, and I've read people saying they were more supportive, so *shrug*

Would be interested to hear experiences about the Model Y seats compared to the Model 3. I had assumed the front seats were identical, but they have different part numbers in the EPC, and I've read people saying they were more supportive, so *shrug*
I did a back to back today with my M3 vs the Thorpe Park MSM MY. I found the MY more comfortable, but that was due to the higher seating position and better leg angle. I didn’t find the seat itself any more or less supportive.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
So that’s pretty much confirms YP will be from Berlin.

Timeframe works. Latest is that Berlin will have approval ‘in a few weeks’. Ramp up for Berlin YP deliveries for Germany in March, UK a few months later. Makes sense. YP are first off the Berlin line, white and black. Only query is do RHD and LHD come off the same line etc.

I've just come off a webchat with Tesla regarding a Model Y order. My query was related to the likely timescale for a trade in valuation to be completed for an old Q5, which I requested last Saturday. They are expecting it could take another 7 days from their end due to the volume of trade in requests they have to work through. Been assured that any delay won't affect timescale for delivery which I have been advised is likely end of February.

I note that there are a few of us waiting for trade in valuations so I guess we'll have to be patient...
I’m still waiting too Squidge just so you know you are not alone. Dying for a confirmation as Tesla trade in is a fallback price as I’m hopeful to get more from motorway.

I don't even know why Berlin is held as some kind of mecca for car production. As far as I can tell Shanghai have been cranking out decent quality Model 3s since March 2021. Any new parts or features will inevitably trickle down to there as well, and at the moment it seems like they're ahead of Fremont anyway in terms of the new stuff.

If Shanghai weren't making RHD MYs at all I could see some logic to a new model being manufactured in Berlin, but as it is they are - so I don't know why they wouldn't also be making the MYP there.

All people seem to come up with is "import tax" as a reason Berlin will inevitably be the new hub for European deliveries. It may certainly be the case for LHD cars, but I'd be surprised if RHD started coming from there.

Reactions: Doudeau
I don't even know why Berlin is held as some kind of mecca for car production. As far as I can tell Shanghai have been cranking out decent quality Model 3s since March 2021. Any new parts or features will inevitably trickle down to there as well, and at the moment it seems like they're ahead of Fremont anyway in terms of the new stuff.

If Shanghai weren't making RHD MYs at all I could see some logic to a new model being manufactured in Berlin, but as it is they are - so I don't know why they wouldn't also be making the MYP there.

All people seem to come up with is "import tax" as a reason Berlin will inevitably be the new hub for European deliveries. It may certainly be the case for LHD cars, but I'd be surprised if RHD started coming from there.
I don’t think they do think Berlin is some kind of Mecca do they? I was only pointing out that YP from Berlin might explain a few things. Such as the discrepancy regarding parcel shelf. First time someone from Tesla has mentioned YP from Berlin. Explains the staggered UK launch.

Reactions: Durzel
It doesn't sound like you hate to rub it in, to be honest.

Not sure how that info is supposed to help @VX Foxy? :rolleyes:
Well, that was not helpful either and uncalled for!

Not everyone here posts things with malice, sarcasm or vanity contrary to what most would lead to believe reading most posts around here. Anyways, you carry on and pm me if you must.

Btw, its factual information and helps the op and others. It shows the disparity of what Tesla quotes imho. The op quoted another person and I quoted him/her, alas I dont think that what the person he/she quoted got a decent offer either but now I have to come here and say so/explain myself. Thanks for that 🤨

• Funny
Reactions: VX Foxy
Well, that was not helpful either and uncalled for!

Not everyone here posts things with malice, sarcasm or vanity contrary to what most would lead to believe reading most posts around here. Anyways, you carry on and pm me if you must.

Btw, its factual information and helps the op and others. It shows the disparity of what Tesla quotes imho. The op quoted another person and I quoted him/her, alas I dont think that what the person he/she quoted got a decent offer either but now I have to come here and say so/explain myself. Thanks for that 🤨
Sorry if I sounded snarky, but I presume you paid a lot less than @VX Foxy when you bought your car, given the SR+ was (I think) £40,490, and qualified for the £3,000 grant, etc. I'm not sure how it's a particularly relevant comparison in that context.

Apologies for any offence caused.

Reactions: VX Foxy