Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if I sounded snarky, but I presume you paid a lot less than @VX Foxy when you bought your car, given the SR+ was (I think) £40,490, and qualified for the £3,000 grant, etc. I'm not sure how it's a particularly relevant comparison in that context.

Apologies for any offence caused.
No problem. I am astute enough to see where you were coming from with some of the shenanigans around here but all I ask is do not assume and if you must, there are some prolific offenders about if you really want to engage such voyage.

Having said that, What I paid and what anyone else paid really has no baring on what tesla or anyone else offers unless "you" are the type to go to a coffee shop and ask how much they paid for the coffee beans and justify the cost of their coffee or ie. if you had won your car in a raffle and tesla knew about it, gives them no right to offer you a bag of sweets for it. I know Im probably exemplifying to opposite end to what you were trying to convey? However, Tesla did get their full asking price and the asking price from cars today still cost less than it did back then. Needless to say that I bought another last September and also paid the full asking price. Not accusing them or any of the other makes of anything since government grants and smoking mirrors comes to mind imho.

Motorway for example still offers 39.5k as a guide and Im sure the op can get much better than what tesla offered and again to make it clear, the only objective of my post was to show that their offer should not be taken seriously and to obtain quotes from other places. Maybe I should of just said so adjacent to what I said. Moral of the story is to shop around.

Peace :)

Reactions: VX Foxy and Durzel
It may have already been mentioned and apologies if it has but the Tesla website is now saying ‘March 2022’ for delivery and not ‘early 2022’. Sorry if this is old news but I’m walking the dog, my hands are cold and don’t want to read back too far.

Attachments

• 181211DE-440B-4D7C-B1A5-5E036872BE10.png
    181211DE-440B-4D7C-B1A5-5E036872BE10.png
    474.6 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Oktaneza
They also said "the increased range is down to an update to the 12v battery", which is not the cause of the new range.
A lead acid battery has to be charged almost constantly while the vehicle is running to keep them healthy. A Li-on 12V battery could be charged intelligently which put marginally less drain on the drive battery. That plus new software updates might account for extra range.. or at least some of?

A lead acid battery has to be charged almost constantly while the vehicle is running to keep them healthy. A Li-on 12V battery could be charged intelligently which put marginally less drain on the drive battery. That plus new software updates might account for extra range.. or at least some of?
I think if that were true we’d already have heard about Ohmmu and other lithium battery replacements have the same effect.

It seems pretty crazy that charging the 12v could add so much range.

It may have already been mentioned and apologies if it has but the Tesla website is now saying ‘March 2022’ for delivery and not ‘early 2022’. Sorry if this is old news but I’m walking the dog, my hands are cold and don’t want to read back too far.
Tesla's website can be quite optimistic.. or rather aspirational.

When i ordered my Model 3 (just after orders started being taken, so roughly where we are now with the Y) the website said May. It arrived at the end of August.

I'm sure some people will get them in March.. especially early orders. People ordering now? Not so confident.

Tesla's website can be quite optimistic.. or rather aspirational.

When i ordered my Model 3 (just after orders started being taken, so roughly where we are now with the Y) the website said May. It arrived at the end of August.

I'm sure some people will get them in March.. especially early orders. People ordering now? Not so confident.
I can imagine and no different from the other manufacturers at the mo but all the educated guesses and info we were getting suggested a Feb delivery which some didn’t want due to the 71’ plate that would come with. I was actually highlighting it may actually be later than thought (which would be good) as long as it’s not too much later.

Still must be better than the Land Rover I originally ordered in Apr 21. Was given an est delivery date of Sep 22. Order cancelled and the Tesla obsession started.

I think if that were true we’d already have heard about Ohmmu and other lithium battery replacements have the same effect.

It seems pretty crazy that charging the 12v could add so much range.
Or it could be something as trivial as they re-tested and by tweaking the test got loads more range. Has anyone at Tesla actually confirmed a larger battery? I must admit then reviewers said the battery was 70kwh I couldn't figure out how the range could be that much better than an ID.3 which is a lot smaller and with a much bigger battery.

Anyway.. good news all around, every little 4.7% more range helps :)

Agree - this pretty dubious info. 12v battery upgrade has nothing to do with increased range, and the first pictures of a MY parcel shelf came from Shanghai.

The Thorpe Park Grey MY has double pane glass front and rear as well as AMD Ryzen and was built in October before the parcel shelf leak. I suspect all MY MIC will have the parcel shelf (and 12V Li-ion battery upgrade), plus larger LG 82kWH battery, Ryzen and read double pane glass.
Yes agree, I could phone up and speak to 3 different people all will give a different answer, so I would have no idea who is informed. The major problem with Tesla is their left foot doesn't communicate with their right foot at all, this can be seen in ALL areas of the business, parts, servicing, sales and management, the only way usually to get problems solved is persistence and luck.

If they have changed the parts in Shanghai, I see no reason for them to go back to the old parts that doesn't support the parcel shelf as standard, luckily others will get theirs before me so should find out if it is included before having to commit to the order date.

I was happier thinking we just didn't get a parcel shelf. Now I get to go down another rabbit hole of reading too much into rumours and hints of information about ANOTHER potential capability of my future new car. This is going to be a long 1-2 months!
It says in the UK manual that it comes with a parcel shelf so based on history there is a chance they will honour this as they honoured the free premium connectivity when that was included on the website. The news article also state HK customers are getting free retro fit so makes little sense for them to continue using old parts and increase their future work load.

Or it could be something as trivial as they re-tested and by tweaking the test got loads more range. Has anyone at Tesla actually confirmed a larger battery? I must admit then reviewers said the battery was 70kwh I couldn't figure out how the range could be that much better than an ID.3 which is a lot smaller and with a much bigger battery.

Anyway.. good news all around, every little 4.7% more range helps :)
That's just how far ahead Tesla is when it comes to electric drive efficiency and drag coefficient of their cars. Let's not forget they have 10y headstart vs legacy OEMs, and it's not something that you can recover just by throwing $billions at it.

Hello all. I have just tried to book a test drive at Thorpe Park and rather surprisingly got an email back straight away for 4:00 tomorrow afternoon.

So I was wondering if anybody who has done a test drive could provide some more details. Do I need to bring anything, how long do you get, can you drive where you like or is it a predetermined route etc?

Any info would be appreciated as Teslas email contains NO info other than the time date and address. As i have to drive over an hour to get there I don't want to miss something obvious.

Many thanks in advance!

Reactions: ajbrun