Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m with you there @drewpost ! You are not alone.

I’m a tad suspicious that Model Y VINs haven’t appeared yet. Maybe they are just going on a later boat or Tesla just haven’t got round to it yet, but I wonder if we are actually meant to be getting cars from Berlin and their delays are going to have a knock on impact on our deliveries…..I’m probably just reading in to it too much.

Today’s win is the OZEV news. I’ll take that.
It does seem a bit odd, I agree. I'm not sure it's a later boat situation though as there were so many data points of reps telling people to expect early/mid Feb first deliveries which means they have to be at sea already. Then there was the WuWa video from Giga Shanghai on the 7th of Jan showing a TON of RHD Ys being loaded onto the transporters and taken to the docks which lines up nicely with Viking Sea's departure date of 9 Jan. (or possibly Pagan or Hyperion Ray).

Do we jz reject the offer in the reservation? And how do we add this offer into the order?
I just rejected the original offer in the MY order. So my order was clean without any trade-in. And then submitted it in trade in page. At some point during this it will ask to login and I guess it will apply to the order that we have (I do not remember if I specifically said add it to this order, but it should be seamless).

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I did. not apply for finance (Tesla loan) until I got and accepted the final trade-in offer.

Hi there. First post from me and hoping someone can help. Ordered a MY back in November and have had the same email as everyone else saying get ready for delivery etc etc. Ideally, we’d want to have a 22 plate on it (just because it might mean a slight increase in residual value). If we get told that the car is going to be delivered in February, can we ask at that point to pick it up in March with a 22 plate? Can they simply hold it for a couple of weeks or would you ‘lose’ the car?? First time Tesla buyers here, so not sure how it would work. Thanks

Reactions: PeteB
Hi there. First post from me and hoping someone can help. Ordered a MY back in November and have had the same email as everyone else saying get ready for delivery etc etc. Ideally, we’d want to have a 22 plate on it (just because it might mean a slight increase in residual value). If we get told that the car is going to be delivered in February, can we ask at that point to pick it up in March with a 22 plate? Can they simply hold it for a couple of weeks or would you ‘lose’ the car?? First time Tesla buyers here, so not sure how it would work. Thanks
Shouldn't be a problem. You'll probably "lose" that car that was assigned to you but you'll get one from one of the later boats. The website shows anyone ordering right now will receive it in March 2022 so I'd expect you'd just be allocated one in a later shipment (unless it's like delaying from the 28th of Feb to 1st of March).

Once you get a delivery date, you'll be able to email [email protected] or call the number in the delivery text to see what your options are.

Some more parcel shelf info should anyone be interested. Also asked John to confirm windows, battery and processor.

Attachments

• 36ACDFD7-2CED-493B-B911-01CBA4F9ADF1.png
    36ACDFD7-2CED-493B-B911-01CBA4F9ADF1.png
    792.8 KB · Views: 88
Ah thanks! That worked.. it was showing error 404 or view existing inventory only for me previously as din realised I was logging in.

Looks like the standalone is giving me £750 more as well than the trade in offer on the reservation itself.

Do we jz reject the offer in the reservation? And how do we add this offer into the order?
So I’ve just got off the phone with James in customer service and he answered some questions I had.

Firstly he said that there is still a backlog with trade in confirmations and they may not have caught up by the time vehicles are assigned to customers but if that’s the case, they will be prioritised accordingly. He said that some Y’s will be delivered in the 3rd week of Feb but all will be with customers by 30th March.

I told him the trade in estimate from Tesla is now more than when I first entered it so he told me to accept the first offer, regardless of what it is, take a screenshot of the higher offer and email it to [email protected] and they will review it.

On a separate note, he told me I could change my build until allocation without losing my place in the queue. I only asked that because I’m test driving on Sat and might chose inductions if I like the ride quality.

I would recommend getting a quote from all the
car buying companies as they all (apart from motorway) have increased the value of my trade in.

Hope this helps.

Just pressed the button today on a salary sacrifice lease: LR, white exterior, inductions and white seats. Was told to expect delivery in March (though I'll be out the country until 18th). Looks from what others are saying that March is a definite delivery by date - heard stories of people waiting months for their Model 3s. Fingers-crossed.

Reactions: hairysteve