Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its available in the US, I'd wait out to see.... I am sure Elon will be happy if you part with 2K
There was something about the new E5LD battery packs not supporting it yet on the Model 3s. M3LR new battery

The open question (I asked, actually) was, did this apply to Model Y as well using the new battery pack. It sounds like it's TBD as the Ys shipping to EU from Shanghai last quarter used the older battery packs so we won't know until the first boats with the Q1 Ys start to arrive.

There was something about the new E5LD battery packs not supporting it yet on the Model 3s. M3LR new battery

The open question (I asked, actually) was, did this apply to Model Y as well using the new battery pack. It sounds like it's TBD as the Ys shipping to EU from Shanghai last quarter used the older battery packs so we won't know until the first boats with the Q1 Ys start to arrive.

Random newbie question about performance boosts in general please. Does purchasing one decrease the range of the car (I see for example the performance models always have a lower range than the LR models) If so do you know how many miles of range lost on a MY post performance boost to 4.3secs?

Some overhead shots of GigaBerlin - Plenty of black Model Ys. I’m guessing these are just the test batches assembled previously.

Not sure if there are any RHDs here. It does look smart in black (albeit from this vantage point that will be not often seen on the road).

“In theory” all the early bird UK cars should be coming from Shanghai…

Some overhead shots of GigaBerlin - Plenty of black Model Ys. I’m guessing these are just the test batches assembled previously.

Not sure if there are any RHDs here. It does look smart in black (albeit from this vantage point that will be not often seen on the road).

The ones in the video are definitely all LHD. You can see that!

Random newbie question about performance boosts in general please. Does purchasing one decrease the range of the car (I see for example the performance models always have a lower range than the LR models) If so do you know how many miles of range lost on a MY post performance boost to 4.3secs?
If you're constantly laying on the accelerator, probably but I really didn't notice a meaningful difference in normal mixed usage on my LR3.

Reactions: roadcred and Pau1
Can you post the time of the video that shows RHDs? I didn't notice any 😅
@TeslaOwnersUK posted this - I didn't see them myself. I thought they were all LHD too on the 14th but I was looking at the ones being loaded onto the trucks vs the parked ones like in this screen grab.

UPDATE: 04:08 - I just looked again as my wife is at work and she can't judge me for "looking way too closely at Tesla videos again"

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel

Giga Berlin is struggling with quality. The last batch to produce 250 body failed the quality checks. Tesla has requested and has received emergency extension to produce 2000 more bodies for quality checks.

1642441056394.png

Model Y LR AWD now showing as "March 2022" delivery for new orders instead of "Early 2022".

Yet, late this afternoon, sales emailed me and said they are expecting the first batch next month. Have asked them to hold mine till March regardless and have also changed to inductions as they just look so much nicer with the red paint.

Yet, late this afternoon, sales emailed me and said they are expecting the first batch next month. Have asked them to hold mine till March regardless and have also changed to inductions as they just look so much nicer with the red paint.
Did they say it would delay delivery, Steve? Test driving on Sat and then I will make up my mind (finally) on wheels.