Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they say it would delay delivery, Steve? Test driving on Sat and then I will make up my mind (finally) on wheels.
This is what I got back, and happy to wait a little longer for the right rims,
"It is great to hear you have seen the Model Y in person. At current we anticipate the Long Range Model Y to arrive from next month - so super exciting. Changing your wheels at this early stage shouldn't have a huge impact on delivery for you."

My Trade-in experience with MY order:

I did submit a trade-in request last Friday 9:30 AM when the email came in for preparing for delivery. The photos of my car were asked within the manage order and I uploaded them along with other details. At 4:30 PM, I got an offer of £750 (It was a 2009 Mercedes C class with good number of miles under its belt)!!! I rejected it immediately, but I remembered that on tesla standalone trade-in page, I had an estimate of £1900 - £2100 depending on the condition. WBAC, Motorway gave an estimate of around £1600. So I decided to give it another try from the tesla trade-in page as opposed to the manage order. I did that on Monday evening and on Wednesday morning, I got an email telling that I have been selected to participate in Tesla’s AI Vehicle Inspection Pilot and I was asked to upload photos and details of the trade-in car via a partner site. I did that immediately and on Friday morning, I got an offer of £2000 which was all linked and applied to my MY order.

Wonder how they do the valuations and why there was such a big difference, nevertheless I am a happy man at the end though.

Reactions: MikeeUK and ajbrun
My Trade-in experience with MY order:

I did submit a trade-in request last Friday 9:30 AM when the email came in for preparing for delivery. The photos of my car were asked within the manage order and I uploaded them along with other details. At 4:30 PM, I got an offer of £750 (It was a 2009 Mercedes C class with good number of miles under its belt)!!! I rejected it immediately, but I remembered that on tesla standalone trade-in page, I had an estimate of £1900 - £2100 depending on the condition. WBAC, Motorway gave an estimate of around £1600. So I decided to give it another try from the tesla trade-in page as opposed to the manage order. I did that on Monday evening and on Wednesday morning, I got an email telling that I have been selected to participate in Tesla’s AI Vehicle Inspection Pilot and I was asked to upload photos and details of the trade-in car via a partner site. I did that immediately and on Friday morning, I got an offer of £2000 which was all linked and applied to my MY order.

Wonder how they do the valuations and why there was such a big difference, nevertheless I am a happy man at the end though.
Thanks - I've just gone through the standalone trade in screen. Got £2096 for my 2009 Fiesta, although this is without photos. Will be interesting seeing what they come back with for the trade in offer given the big difference you've seen. I'll definitely follow what you've done and run it through again if it's anything similar.

Reactions: sakethcr
Update from OZEV regarding charger grant. Hopefully this means it’ll be added to the list soon!

Attachments

• AA3AB0E6-F26A-4008-8B51-F5162966DB7E.jpeg
    AA3AB0E6-F26A-4008-8B51-F5162966DB7E.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 56
I am expecting a Model Y LR (Midnight Silver, Gemini 19 wheels) which I ordered in November. I am leasing this from Lex (the broker was Kyle at Rivervale who has been great). But, as of this morning, I can no longer see the car on my Tesla account. Presumably this is because Lex have taken over ownership of the vehicle, which I totally understand. However, is there a way for me to find out the VIN number (and therefore try to get an idea of when I will get delivery)?

I am expecting a Model Y LR (Midnight Silver, Gemini 19 wheels) which I ordered in November. I am leasing this from Lex (the broker was Kyle at Rivervale who has been great). But, as of this morning, I can no longer see the car on my Tesla account. Presumably this is because Lex have taken over ownership of the vehicle, which I totally understand. However, is there a way for me to find out the VIN number (and therefore try to get an idea of when I will get delivery)?
Yes, Lex have taken over the RN. The only way to get a VIN is throuhg either LEX, or a tame Tesla rep who will look it up for you against the RN.

I had the same - once they take over RN it disappears . However, my leasing company has authorised Tesla to contact me direct with delivery date and to arrange delivery - Feb. There are no more updates in the app though or any texts.

Have ordered exactly the same on day 1 - no update here, but will post ASAP if something changes.

Ah thanks! That worked.. it was showing error 404 or view existing inventory only for me previously as din realised I was logging in.

Looks like the standalone is giving me £750 more as well than the trade in offer on the reservation itself.

Do we jz reject the offer in the reservation? And how do we add this offer into the order?

Ah thanks! That worked.. it was showing error 404 or view existing inventory only for me previously as din realised I was logging in.

Looks like the standalone is giving me £750 more as well than the trade in offer on the reservation itself.

Do we jz reject the offer in the reservation? And how do we add this offer into the order?
I’m hoping we can reject after the confirmation and resubmit the car again. Has anyone had any experience of removing trade in’s and re-entering it closer to delivery

With all of the Model 3 VINs starting to show up on the ships currently on their way, is anyone else finding themselves ramping up the ol' load site, view source, search for LRWY, get frustrated and close window loops? It's getting way too distracting now. February (or god forbid, March) is way too far away to keep this up haha

I can't be alone in this insanity... I hope...

I’m with you there @drewpost ! You are not alone.

I’m a tad suspicious that Model Y VINs haven’t appeared yet. Maybe they are just going on a later boat or Tesla just haven’t got round to it yet, but I wonder if we are actually meant to be getting cars from Berlin and their delays are going to have a knock on impact on our deliveries…..I’m probably just reading in to it too much.

Today’s win is the OZEV news. I’ll take that.

Reactions: drewpost