Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed by delivery location between getting the first and second Southampton text messages. Now if I click on the second text message it gives me the option to select delivery at Bluewater on either 19th or 21st February. Glitch in the system?

Attachments

• 0B1F4C1F-0455-410A-B4E5-B662A7A66A5B.png
    0B1F4C1F-0455-410A-B4E5-B662A7A66A5B.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 76
Waiting a bit to put my order in for a model Y, but enjoying the unfolding “special event” drama / build up. (Sorry some of you have had a bummer of a situation being told randomly to get your arse to the arse end of the country to pick your new wheels up) but…. You’ve got to admit there’s an oddly comedic element here which you wouldn’t get from the straight laced Germanic stealerships. Consider me emotionally invested folks, you’re treading a new path here.

P.S. please someone get some footage of this “spectacular” event in case it turns out to be like the Top Gear special where they set up an evening party to sell English made stuff in India

I can’t wait to see how they’re going to try and “dress up” some dockside in old Southampton.

Somewhere at some point in the last few weeks, some poor sod has probably been told by a marketing bod that they’ve got 2k to make a dockside look and “feel” like a “premium, futuristic” experience that owners “won’t forget” and which will encourage a “shared reaction of joy and enthusiasm” 🤮

🍿😬👍
I opted for an 8am collection.. can't really imagine what "spectacular" would even look like at that time. I'm clearly way too cynical but let's just say I've set myself very low expectations so as to not be unduly disappointed.

I have a MY on order at status "drafting your contract" with just the £100 paid.
As it's going to be bought in cash and put through the accounts of my business as a capital asset I'd prefer to get it after 6th April, so in 22/23 tax year.
Do I contact Tesla now and ask them to delay my allocation, or wait until they contact me and then ask them to slip my order to the next batch?
I'm surprised you're the first to mention this. I am converting my (small) company fleet to electric and we've already taken delivery of an ID4 this tax year. It's a dilemma! All revved up with nowhere to go....

Reactions: Gezb
I'm surprised you're the first to mention this. I am converting my (small) company fleet to electric and we've already taken delivery of an ID4 this tax year. It's a dilemma! All revved up with nowhere to go....
I'm not entirely sure the difference it makes, surely it more depends on the company tax year end for the business not the personal tax (6th April) as it's only a bit of BIK if you take it before the 6th April?

I'm not entirely sure the difference it makes, surely it more depends on the company tax year end for the business not the personal tax (6th April) as it's only a bit of BIK if you take it before the 6th April?
100% write off against tax in year 1 - if you're making in excess of £120k profit you can buy 2 cars and pay substantially less corporation tax in that year, if your making less than that, or feel like spreading the love over 2 years it makes more sense to space the purchases out. My year end is 31/03...

• Informative
Reactions: VX Foxy
Just got this text from Tesla. I have done everything, except for just waiting on a trade in valuation. They say when you call them that "awaiting trade ins do not delay allocation" however they then you comms like this... 🤦‍♂️

Anyone else awaiting trade in got this?

Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 13.33.30.png

100% write off against tax in year 1 - if you're making in excess of £120k profit you can buy 2 cars and pay substantially less corporation tax in that year, if your making less than that, or feel like spreading the love over 2 years it makes more sense to space the purchases out. My year end is 31/03...
That's my point, what's it got to do with the personal tax year end on the 6th April, that's you business year end. I am in the same boat.

Reactions: VX Foxy