Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d normally prefer to wait for a 22 plate, but I’ll have no car from next week so depending on the time difference I may go for a 71 if the spec is identical. 9 days is maybe borderline but mid-feb is a solid couple of weeks before March, and then March will be busy so you may get pushed behind others that were already scheduled then. I think 15th Feb I’d go for 71..

I'm stuck at the trade in valuation stage too. Have a feeling that Tesla are prioritising the customer trade ins from the first shipment and will move onto the next lot soon. They did reassure me that the wait for a valuation won't affect my position in the allocation of my Model Y. Having said that, I am tempted to go down an alternative route to see my car.
I've no trade in and still waiting for a VIN.

Reactions: ajbrun
Not in the UK - configurator still showing 'summer' and only taking deposits.
German orders for delivery in Germany for March. Make sense that it’s middle of the year for UK if from Berlin. It’s still more than likely P would come to UK from China. If that’s the case, it may well be earlier than the middle of the year. Suppose it depends upon how production goes in Berlin

I called on the 18th as to change to inductions (before they started sending out the collections on the 19th which I still got (the text later that day) and its yet to reflect on my account as of today even though I called last Friday to check and change has indeed been filed. My only fear is that I dont get matched or make the new build for the next boat but Im keeping my fingers and toes crossed!
When we paid deposit initially in Oct, it was as per the configured spec and they would have manufactured accordingly and assigned VINs. Change of spec means that combination may have to come from the factory than local folks swap parts as it's an inventory management nightmare. So if they don't have a match, system may not assign automatically until one is available. You never know, you may be lucky and lets hope for the best.

Reactions: Js1977
He advised me not to delay longer about the upgrade decision because of the risk of not getting a car in March. Its not Tesla's problem but I'll lose OZEV grant for car charger if I don't buy a car before March.
That part is not true, you can have the EV charger installed now and the installer can claim the OZEV grant so long as you have an order in the system.

For applications where a VRN is not available, evidence that an order has been placed for a vehicle must be provided (for example, email from manufacturer or an order form).

When we paid deposit initially in Oct, it was as per the configured spec and they would have manufactured accordingly and assigned VINs. Change of spec means that combination may have to come from the factory than local folks swap parts as it's an inventory management nightmare. So if they don't have a match, system may not assign automatically until one is available. You never know, you may be lucky and lets hope for the best.
Thank you. I get the feeling I got this far in life with a bit of luck and determination... just need that little bit more now 😄

That part is not true, you can have the EV charger installed now and the installer can claim the OZEV grant so long as you have an order in the system.

For applications where a VRN is not available, evidence that an order has been placed for a vehicle must be provided (for example, email from manufacturer or an order form).
Yes. I provided order/booking invoice as a proof and charger will be installed at some point soon.

Possibly "blindingly obvious" to those who grew up here, and it was why I asked in case I was missing something. I'm American living in the UK and all the cars and motorcycles I purchased in my relatively short life I never cared what the plates said. It's not a factor for us in the same way I've recently learned it is here.
I think it's a hangover from the days when the plates only changed once a year.

Am I the only one who has been told by Tesla customer service that the UK Model Y’s will have the parcel shelf?
Seems to be a lot of comments on here saying that they won’t but Tesla were adamant on the phone that they will have them.
That's good to hear you have heard that, I said it based on what I had read somewhere on here. I will be calling tomorrow as I have a few questions including this now, will try to let you know what I hear. (Approx £50 on Ali-Express if all else fails.)

Reactions: 60milesmile
Sorry not induction wheels. I have Gemini wheels on order which I'm thinking of upgrading to Induction.

Compromise option is to go with Gemini and get them painted. Have a look at this..

Or get a set of rimetrix replacement covers shipped over from USA? Satin black and have 20" diameter because they cover the 19" wheel completely and a bit more. You get benefit of better ride and range and if you touch the curb.. throw away the cover and get a new one. Tyres might have a bit longer lifespan too?

I think the inductions do look great, but if you're coming from a "softer" comfortable car and haven't test driven them you might be surprised. I'm so glad I got to test them because I felt the ride was a fair bit harsher than say an LR M3 on 18" wheels.

Gotta decide whether you want comfort or cool. I went asking before and most people (from a small and possibly biased sample) who'd driven both seemed to think there was quite a difference in ride quality. Having watched every video on youtube with Model Y in it.. I actually really like the Gemini covers on white, black and silver. On red or blue I think black wheels maybe look a bit better.

Reactions: Tameautumn
Just finished my test drive at Thorpe Park. No further comments than anything else that has been said but would have been nice if they had cleaned the exterior! Couldn’t tell the difference between grey and blue. Anyway, all good and I’m looking forward to picking up from Southampton in less than 4 weeks. Tesla guy answered my question on expected charge on pick up and he said they aim for at least 40% charge. My journey home is 83 miles so should be good.