Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just in case I'm missing something; the advantage of 20" induction over 19" Gemini is aesthetic but the advantage of the Gemini is cost, range and ride quality?
Yep - it's why I've not gone for them as I see cars being purely functional. That being said, I also chose the red paint, but mainly (I think) for its function to stand out a little more in a sea of white so it's easier to spot in a massive car park.

Reactions: magnard
Anyone know the answer to "What type of alarm and/or immobiliser does the car have"? Unsure if the alarm/immobiliser is Thatcham approved...

And I assume this is a yes - "Is the car fitted with a tracking device?".
Interested in this answer are there are trackers and there are trackers. Do UK insurance recognize the one n the Tesla and do any of them insist on one being fitted?

Cost v benefit

Interested in this answer are there are trackers and there are trackers. Do UK insurance recognize the one n the Tesla and do any of them insist on one being fitted?

Cost v benefit
I had this question with my Model S and LV at least were happy that the Tesla tracker met their standard. I presume its the same with other Teslas.

• Informative
Reactions: hairysteve
Anyone know the answer to "What type of alarm and/or immobiliser does the car have"? Unsure if the alarm/immobiliser is Thatcham approved...
The Model 3 has a Thatcham approved Cat 1 alarm & immobiliser so I'd say it is safe to say the Model Y does too.

I hate insurance companies that ask these questions, they are the ones with the information database that tells them what security devices cars are fitted with, not the consumer!

Cost v benefit
It has an alarm but not sure whether it's approved.. Tracker is an interesting question. LV certainly recognise the tesla system as a tracker.. I've heard of others not.. it'll depend on the insurer, so answering that question on comparethemarket is a bit difficult.

OTOH why they ask escapes me, since the insurers/underwriters will know what car it is and exactly what it is fitted with from the factory, otherwise they wouldn't be able to sensibly quote for it. So I suspect that the input is ignored 90% of the time.

So model y appears on compare the market now but have me no quotes! Getting there slowly though! The car exists on the system
Thank you for posting this. Been waiting for the Model Y to start appearing on insurance comparison sites. Interestingly, I was unable to get a quote just now but got the dreaded message below! I'm in my 40s, have 9+ years NCB and no points on my license so would like to think it isn't myself being uninsurable. Could it be that the comparison sites are getting up to speed but the insurers are yet to add the Model Y to their databases?

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 10.17.16.png

Thank you for posting this. Been waiting for the Model Y to start appearing on insurance comparison sites. Interestingly, I was unable to get a quote just now but got the dreaded message below! I'm in my 40s, have 9+ years NCB and no points on my license so would like to think it isn't myself being uninsurable. Could it be that the comparison sites are getting up to speed but the insurers are yet to add the Model Y to their databases?

View attachment 759433
I had the same thing and lots of people on Facebook are also reporting the same message so think it's safe to say that the insurace compaines are lagging behind CTM

Reactions: Roarr