Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't order on Day 1 (when was that?) but I ordered on 24th Nov. MY LR, Midnight Silver, Black seats, 19" Gemini. The RN was then transferred to the leasing company. Since then, I have heard very little. So, this morning I gave Tesla a buzz for more info. They told that no VIN has been assigned and that I will probably receive the car in early March. Presumably people with the identical spec will be in the same boat (excuse the pun).
I order mine early January - LR, Black, Black seats, 20", paying cash. Called them a couple of days ago, they also said early March

So received a while ago the SMS to prepare for delivery. Checked the account and indeed VIN has been assigned with an ETA delivery of 14-28th February. I only ordered on January 4th (MYLR black with black and 19" wheels). I won't be taking delivery before 1st March in any case so I'm going to need to have a fun discussion when they reach out to me.

Referring back to Insurance for the MY, i have just changed my cover with direct line to insure my MY LR from 19th feb through to my renewal in october. I just need to confirm the reg when i get it. Coming from a M3, surprisingly i'm now due £125 rebate.
for ref, i'm 41, s,d p inc business and in TW2 on the driveway overnight. 15 years NCD.
Just got off the phone with Direct Line to try and quote, they said MY wasn't on their system, he spoke to an underwriter to double check and looked on the system himself. Maybe its a luck of the draw with which rep you get

I didn't order on Day 1 (when was that?) but I ordered on 24th Nov. MY LR, Midnight Silver, Black seats, 19" Gemini. The RN was then transferred to the leasing company. Since then, I have heard very little. So, this morning I gave Tesla a buzz for more info. They told that no VIN has been assigned and that I will probably receive the car in early March. Presumably people with the identical spec will be in the same boat (excuse the pun).
Day 1 .. 15th October about 0800. Those that ordered were given a delivery estimate Early 2022 there has since been later estimate of March 2022. So based on that you could calculate that early orders will be February, but that's me being optimistic.

I leave the phone in the car when they are in it as the alarm lock the doors and plays music full volume as well as the alarm. My younger son was very upset when it happened to him as its not pleasant for whoever is in the car.

I've ordered my first Tesla - A Model Y that I should helpfully get on the 18th March.

Your point has made me think. Often my wife and I will drive someone (takeaway for example) and I'll pop in to pick it up and take my phone with me. Does this mean that the car will lock with her in it and set the alarm off? I think the auto-lock on walkaway or whatever it's called can be disabled, but most of the time, you do want it on. Ami I right that I would have to leave my phone in the car in the above scenario? Crazy if so!

I'm picking up on the 19th Feb and having been stuck on "drafting contracts" for weeks now, I just pestered Tesla for my invoice via the chat window on the website. They very quickly made the invoice active on my page (no idea why they couldn't do it before) and I've paid £1 into the account listed as a test.

For anyone who has paid already, how long did it take for the money to appear on your account? It's been about 30 mins for me and no sign...

Normally your wife would have a key as well. You can always enable Dog mode but that tends not to go down too well :p

:)

What about if it's someone without a key, does the car not detect that there's someone in it and not lock and set the alarm accordingly. Imagine you have to go into somewhere quickly to pay via Apple Pay on your phone. The option is to enable dog mode or ask them them to get out of the car. That can't be right can it?

Hi, yes they told me my car had 68% charge last week due on 19th in Southampton. Maybe if I contact them again I can get an updated percentage?
Has anyone else had a percentage charge figure from them?
Haha - No, but just let us all know what percentage yours it at and everyone else’s will probably be within a few percent of yours ; based on the assumption they all come off the factory line with the same charge 😁

:)

What about if it's someone without a key, does the car not detect that there's someone in it and not lock and set the alarm accordingly. Imagine you have to go into somewhere quickly to pay via Apple Pay on your phone. The option is to enable dog mode or ask them them to get out of the car. That can't be right can it?
In this scenario you can;
1) Pay with your Apple Watch instead.
2) Leave phone and take your card and tap it to pay.
3) Take your Phone and unlock the car again.
4) Enable dog mode.
5) Ask the other person to go get the take away and pay 😀
6) Turn off walk away locking temporarily.
7) Buy a physical key
8) Not sure if this works but could you also leave the key card on the centre console?
9) Pay when you order it?

4) Enable dog mode.
7) Buy a physical key
8) Not sure if this works but could you also leave the key card on the centre console?
Maybe it's the unwritten rule of Tesla ownership - the passenger always gets out and does stuff. The driver just chills.

Reactions: Pete UK
4) Enable dog mode.
7) Buy a physical key
Cheers. Food for thought. Sorry to hijack the delivery thread.

Reactions: Pete UK
I'm picking up on the 19th Feb and having been stuck on "drafting contracts" for weeks now, I just pestered Tesla for my invoice via the chat window on the website. They very quickly made the invoice active on my page (no idea why they couldn't do it before) and I've paid £1 into the account listed as a test.

For anyone who has paid already, how long did it take for the money to appear on your account? It's been about 30 mins for me and no sign...
interesting, I’m at the same stage, haven’t contacted them to ask them about the invoice so good tip. If it hasn’t changed to ask for payment by Monday I will try that. Like you I want to send a small amount first to test!