Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what determines the delivery windows.. I'm march 1 to march 15, one day different (no VIN yet but still waiting for trade in offer).
Just received this text...
Tesla Update - Your vehicle is on the way. Your arrival date is being calculated and you will be notified via SMS when your vehicle is scheduled for delivery. For now, please familiarise yourself with the features of your Model Y by watching our introduction videos via your Tesla app. Your order reference is RN115850474. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Woo trade in came through today and once accepted gave me a VIN. Ordered 16th Jan MY Blue/Black Gemini, no timeframe yet though.

The trade in was £300 less that WBAC but £1000 less that Motorway (£12K) I've accepted the Tesla trade in and I might see how the Motorway auction goes

Just received this text...
Tesla Update - Your vehicle is on the way. Your arrival date is being calculated and you will be notified via SMS when your vehicle is scheduled for delivery. For now, please familiarise yourself with the features of your Model Y by watching our introduction videos via your Tesla app. Your order reference is RN115850474. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.
I go that one as well and then the next text was 2 days later to select a delivery date with the first available date about 3 weeks after the text was received 👍

The VIN decoder shows "C = 2 Front, 2 Rear, 2 3rd Row Seat Belts, Front Airbags, PODS, Side Inflatable Restraints" for mine. I wonder if this means a 3rd row of seats will be available to be added after market if the belts are there?

Also I thought hairpin was just a P thing not a LR but :)

I believe you can cancel accepted Tesla trade ins, so nearer the time I was going to put it on Motorway (its a dealer only auction), you don't have to accept the outcome of the Motorway auction
You can cancel up to pretty close. As long as the money is in your account to cover the downpayment without the trade in, I was told I could cancel up to 3 days before taking delivery.

I'm taking the same approach. I have transferred the full amount for my order already. If I stick with the trade in, the equity will just be transferred back to me. If I get more than my Tesla trade on offer in advance, I'll take the trade off of the order. If not, then I will take just keep the trade in active.

They told me back in January delivery would be 3-17 March. I make it the the next date will be a confirmed date?
This is my first Tesla so I'm not any kind of expert but yes - the second text included a link which takes you to a calendar showing the available collection dates/times. From memory I think I could choose from the 23rd Feb to the 03rd March and my EDD before that was the 14-28th February.

Once you've chosen a date then the EDD section on the order overview page is replaced by details of your delivery appointment. There's no edit/change button so I guess you would have to ring them if you needed to change your selection.

‘Next step’ on my account is now “We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.”

This is my first Tesla so I'm not any kind of expert but yes - the second text included a link which takes you to a calendar showing the available collection dates/times. From memory I think I could choose from the 23rd Feb to the 03rd March and my EDD before that was the 14-28th February.

Once you've chosen a date then the EDD section on the order overview page is replaced by details of your delivery appointment. There's no edit/change button so I guess you would have to ring them if you needed to change your selection.

‘Next step’ on my account is now “We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.”
Got this ages ago...
Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Got this ages ago...
Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Maybe that was there before for me as well? Not sure. In either case this is what my overview looks like now after selecting a date from the second text:

Screenshot 2022-02-07 141513.png

From browsing the forum I'm guessing I will next hear from them in about a week with their payment details and then a reg number the week before collection. Again though, all this is completely new to me so possibly the blind leading the blind 😁

Reactions: RubberDuck46
Just had a call from Tesla, the person I spoke to seemed to know more about the Aerospace Bristol and the other events than anyone I've spoken to so far. Therefore I asked lots of questions, including covering some old ground, here is a summary of what I learned, maybe others can add more:

Cars:
Cars are still on boat (must be Hyperion Ray).
My car apparently has 67% charge right now, they could see this.
Shanghai built MY's do NOT NOT NOT have parcel shelves, and will NOT be retrofitted, confirmed at an internal meeting Friday....BOOOOOOOO! #firstworldproblems.
Berlin MYs not to UK until 3rd Quarter at earliest and would be Performance only for foreseeable.
Rizen chip confirmed.
16V small battery confirmed, to compensate for Rizen power requirement increase, gives small range increase.
LR battery is 75KW.
Heated wipers confirmed.

Delivery Events:

50 cars being delivered at Bristol on 15th. This was considered small, especially compared to Southampton Event.
Food has been arranged for all events except for Bristol, which isn't yet finalised.
Mixture of some free and some purchasable Tesla merch.
Bristol attendees will get access to the museum.
The team calling us know that they are deliberately being told very little of what is being planned by the event team. I was told that some things are planned that would make it likely feel worth picking up a 17 plate rather than waiting for a 22 one. We will see. (Jeez I do sound like a spoiled brat!)

Anyone else get a call and learn anything else besides this?

Just had a call from Tesla, the person I spoke to seemed to know more about the Aerospace Bristol and the other events than anyone I've spoken to so far. Therefore I asked lots of questions, including covering some old ground, here is a summary of what I learned, maybe others can add more:

Cars:
Cars are still on boat (must be Hyperion Ray).
My car apparently has 67% charge right now, they could see this.
Shanghai built MY's do NOT NOT NOT have parcel shelves, and will NOT be retrofitted, confirmed at an internal meeting Friday....BOOOOOOOO! #firstworldproblems.
Berlin MYs not to UK until 3rd Quarter at earliest and would be Performance only for foreseeable.
Rizen chip confirmed.
16V small battery confirmed, to compensate for Rizen power requirement increase, gives small range increase.
LR battery is 75KW.
Heated wipers confirmed.

Delivery Events:
50 cars being delivered at Bristol on 15th. This was considered small, especially compared to Southampton Event.
Food has been arranged for all events except for Bristol, which isn't yet finalised.
Mixture of some free and some purchasable Tesla merch.
Bristol attendees will get access to the museum.
The team calling us know that they are deliberately being told very little of what is being planned by the event team. I was told that some things are planned that would make it likely feel worth picking up a 17 plate rather than waiting for a 22 one. We will see. (Jeez I do sound like a spoiled brat!)

Anyone else get a call and learn anything else besides this?
It's so odd that Tesla is leaving off the Parcel Shelf for UK Model Y's. It's been widely reported that the HK and Mainland China Model Y's have been manufactured with the parcel shelf since the new year: Model Y Parcel Shelf

It's not like Tesla to leave out parts; typically changes are reflected between factories in the US and China within a few weeks of release. And in this case, leaving out the parcel shelf, when the cars are made within the same factory is very odd..
In addition, The LR Battery being 75kWh doesn't add up, newer Model Y's in China have 82kWh... hmm