Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I turned down delivery on 19th Feb and was told recently by Tesla CS that cars arriving on the later shipments for delivery in March will be allocated around the 18th or 19th of Feb. It's going to be a long 10 days!
Was in the similar situation and 30 min ago received VIN and EDD of February 28 - March 14 for Brent Cross pick up. Hopefully being a London location, you will get an update tonight.

Reactions: Roarr
sorry another question, is there a heated steering wheel? I heard no then yes but cannot see it in the MY details on the site.
1644435384949.png

Reactions: avionos and LOVO
They sell everything they make - nothing hangs around for long. It's one reason why they don't have many options or paint choices. They also have enough data to know roughly how many of each configuration will be required each quarter.
Yea I'm sure they do, roughly. Every other car I've bought new though, you order it and they make it for you to your spec, then ship it. I studied manufacturing systems engineering, so I have a bit of an idea about how it works. Reducing complexity, part count and options etc. saves a vast amount on inventory and general costs (eg structural battery, only 2 wheel options). I guess they are in the lucky position that demand exceeds supply (or at least meets it) so they haven't got to worry about unsold stock at the moment. If they made them to order then everyone would get one in turn at a smooth output and that would be better; including the Performance model Y; its not that much different after all, its not like they have to re-tool the whole production line or anything. Most manufacturers kick out all the variants in all different colours off the same production line all jumbled up.

All a bit off topic, sorry about that. Anyway, they knew the spec I wanted, and made enough in my spec, so fine with me :)

Reactions: Rooster6655
I got one on this past Saturday but nothing tonight. What was the content of the text from today?
Tesla Update - Your Model Y Long Range All-Wheel Drive in Pearl White Multi-Coat with All Black Premium Interior and 19" Gemini Wheels with Enhanced Autopilot is nearly here! To prepare for delivery day, please view our support videos online: Meet Your Tesla. Your order reference is RNXXXXXXX. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Tesla Update - Your Model Y Long Range All-Wheel Drive in Pearl White Multi-Coat with All Black Premium Interior and 19" Gemini Wheels with Enhanced Autopilot is nearly here! To prepare for delivery day, please view our support videos online: Meet Your Tesla. Your order reference is RNXXXXXXX. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.
Have you receieved your reg number text message for 19th Feb delivery? If you have the reg number text already, this new text doesnt say much. The next text should ideally be about giving away some clue about what is so "special" about 19th.

I have a confirmed delivery date on Mar 2 at Brent Cross. Today I have received valuation on my car, but it's not that great, so I want to see if I can sell it for more elsewhere before I either accept or decline the Tesla trading offer. Whilst this is going on, my account page isn't showing my VIN. The Tesla team assured me over email that my delivery date isn't at risk whilst the trade in valuation is going on.

Does anyone know if the trade in valuation is guaranteed? Or will Tesla go over every little dent/scratch to knock it down on the date of the delivery? As the trade in value is already lower than what I'm seeing elsewhere, I wouldn't want to end up even lower. Let alone the experience of getting my Tesla being a little spoiled by negotiating over the value of the old car.

Next to that, the trade in offer is valid until 4/10/22. Is that a UK date or a US date format? I can hardly believe they'd hold the trade in offer until October, but 10 Apr is more likely. Don't know.

Anyway, I need to sort it out before I pick up the new car, so wonder what happens in I accept the trade in and then find another offer, or if I should just leave the trade in offer there and only accept / decline once I have made a final decision. The thing is that I will need to pay towards the new car with the trade in value in or out ...

That's a lot of questions. If you have some suggestions, please let me know.

I have a confirmed delivery date on Mar 2 at Brent Cross. Today I have received valuation on my car, but it's not that great, so I want to see if I can sell it for more elsewhere before I either accept or decline the Tesla trading offer. Whilst this is going on, my account page isn't showing my VIN. The Tesla team assured me over email that my delivery date isn't at risk whilst the trade in valuation is going on.

Does anyone know if the trade in valuation is guaranteed? Or will Tesla go over every little dent/scratch to knock it down on the date of the delivery? As the trade in value is already lower than what I'm seeing elsewhere, I wouldn't want to end up even lower. Let alone the experience of getting my Tesla being a little spoiled by negotiating over the value of the old car.

Next to that, the trade in offer is valid until 4/10/22. Is that a UK date or a US date format? I can hardly believe they'd hold the trade in offer until October, but 10 Apr is more likely. Don't know.

Anyway, I need to sort it out before I pick up the new car, so wonder what happens in I accept the trade in and then find another offer, or if I should just leave the trade in offer there and only accept / decline once I have made a final decision. The thing is that I will need to pay towards the new car with the trade in value in or out ...

Accept the offer, then nearer the time, offer your trade in to the usual suspects ( WBAC, Motorway etc ) to try and get a better deal. If you do, you can remove the trade in from your Tesla acct. By accepting it, you have something to fall back on if needed. Valuation is valid for 60 days.

Once you accept it you should be able to see your VIN In the source code.

The dates shown in my account are in the US format of mm/dd/yyyy. The VIN didn't show on my account page until I confirmed a delivery date although showed in the source code before that. If you have been offered more for your part exchange elsewhere then why not take that? As long as the difference is more than the cost of a train/bus/taxi to get to your pickup then seems to make sense...

Wait till Tesla sells wheel kit and spray paint them yourself and save money. Looks like this seller is doing exactly the same. I doubt Gemini wheel covers cost more than £30 each. I remember seeing them on their accessories shop section but they now disappeared - may be stock shortages.

Talking about MY accessories, most other items are now in stock.
Wtf £260 for plastic wheelcovers that you already get with your new MY. Hes having a laugh.