Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Update - Your Model Y Long Range All-Wheel Drive in Pearl White Multi-Coat with All Black Premium Interior and 19" Gemini Wheels with Enhanced Autopilot is nearly here! To prepare for delivery day, please view our support videos online: Meet Your Tesla. Your order reference is RNXXXXXXX. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.
Thanks. Did you also get the text Saturday saying your delivery is the horizon?

Have you receieved your reg number text message for 19th Feb delivery? If you have the reg number text already, this new text doesnt say much. The next text should ideally be about giving away some clue about what is so "special" about 19th.
Yes they manually sent the reg last Friday then I got an automated one with VIN and reg yesterday. They did “dematch” me from the car the previous week so I’ll probably give them a call in the morning to triple check everything is ok if others didn’t get the same message this evening.

Does anyone know if the trade in valuation is guaranteed? Or will Tesla go over every little dent/scratch to knock it down on the date of the delivery? As the trade in value is already lower than what I'm seeing elsewhere, I wouldn't want to end up even lower. Let alone the experience of getting my Tesla being a little spoiled by negotiating over the value of the old car.
Tesla just want to get their new cars out of the door, their lack of staff and customer service skills is a benefit in this scenario they never even went to check the car.

I think there is little chance they are going to start negotiating and trying to get extra money from you on delivery day unless something was extremely wrong with the trade, they are more interested in hurrying up and hiding any defects in the car they are giving you from my experience!

Reactions: Drndik
I spoke to Tesla CS just now and they confirmed that having turned down the 19th I should get a text in the next two weeks confirming my delivery. So if anyone else feels like they’re also in purgatory like me, there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Yes, feeling like I'm in purgatory too! Nice to know that something will happen soon - thanks for the update!

Reactions: gorghimself
Elon better not see how their “Tesla Insure UK“ partner DirectLine has designed this unnecessary interface with extra dropdown buttons. Ridiculous how un-Tesla this interface design is.

DirectLine operating in a different era!!

2271937A-D0BD-419D-812C-432DD65C9285.jpeg

Yay VIN. Now I'm on Boat Watch.

Turns out adjusting the deposit on the finance isn't as easy as just phoning them up.. got extra from the trade in so wanted to give them more money up front, but CS were saying once it's agreed it's agreed and you have to contact tesla finance directly. Sigh. Still, if they can't I could just transfer the extra to the loan account on the day I guess.

Reactions: ajbrun
Tesla just want to get their new cars out of the door, their lack of staff and customer service skills is a benefit in this scenario they never even went to check the car.

I think there is little chance they are going to start negotiating and trying to get extra money from you on delivery day unless something was extremely wrong with the trade, they are more interested in hurrying up and hiding any defects in the car they are giving you from my experience!
Trade-in T&C's do state they have the right to invoice you for any major undisclosed defects within a reasonable time-frame and if you don't pay they may "withhold service". This would be quite extreme and perhaps limited to Tesla's that they want to re-sell as opposed to stuff they send straight off to auction.

Withholding service is an interesting concept.. the ability to use your iPhone as a key is a service, route planning to find and then use superchargers is a service. They could quite literally make your life hell! 😱

Reactions: Drndik
Tesla Update - Your Model Y Long Range All-Wheel Drive in Pearl White Multi-Coat with All Black Premium Interior and 19" Gemini Wheels with Enhanced Autopilot is nearly here! To prepare for delivery day, please view our support videos online: Meet Your Tesla. Your order reference is RNXXXXXXX. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.
Spoke to Tesla this morning. They said nothing had changed and not quite sure why I got this message. Two things to note; car is currently charged to 64% and they said the car hadn’t arrived yet, so potentially Southampton collections for 19th are on Viking Bravery and not Hyperion Ray? Anyone else had confirmation if vehicle has arrived yet?