Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For people selling cars via carwow, WBAC, Motorway etc how early did you start the process in selling your current car? My Y is being delivered on 2 March and I need my current car until then. Just wondering if now is too early to start the process? I really want to avoid the logistical issue of shuffling three cars around a two appointment to drop your car off or have it collected, normally easily completed within the week. Not sure if it will be busier at ref plate change and also if prices drop down due to timing in month.
I just got a SMS..

Tesla Update - Your Finance Contract will be available to view in your Tesla Account shortly. Please log in at Tesla SSO - Sign In to review all documents prior to your appointment and remember to bring a valid Driving Licence with you on the day. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

No idea why as everything is already completed lol
Sure it is just an excuse to tease another few seconds of excitement from us. I have resorted to signing up for a test drive in Glasgow this weekend while I count down to delivery on 2nd March. Hoping I will get some information while there on where my car is currently as I am leasing so the SMS are all I have received.

Any experience with car actual selling prices? For my 2020 (March) M3SR+ 26k miles I got;
£33,820 Tesla Trade in
£34,810 Webuyanycar
£36,010 Motorway

There is no damage or marks on the car except one wheel has a small curbing. Any view how close to these prices people actually get with motorway and Webuyanycar?

Any experience with car actual selling prices? For my 2020 (March) M3SR+ 26k miles I got;
£33,820 Tesla Trade in
£34,810 Webuyanycar
£36,010 Motorway

There is no damage or marks on the car except one wheel has a small curbing. Any view how close to these prices people actually get with motorway and Webuyanycar?
I used to Motorway to sell my BMW - it was £2k ish more than WBAC (didn't bother to check with Telsa).

My experience was very good. It took some time to upload all the required pictures and had a few phone calls with their help desk (they needed more info and pictures), but once up and running the final buy price was higher (£400ish) than the estimate (even with one alloy scratch).

Collection was really easy and professional; they looked around the car and then transferred the money (the UK banking system was the only delay).

Reactions: InventEd
Anyone that's leasing - have you received texts etc from Tesla?

I ordered mine through my company via Zenith and back in December I got an email from Tesla inviting me to finish setting up my account but not heard anything since.

I rang Zenith the other day and managed to get my RN number of them which was apparently assigned on the 21st Jan. I've since tried to ring Tesla CS but get told they can't speak to me because the lease authorisation hasn't been completed. When I rang Zenith to tell them they said they've sent all the documents already and delivery is still scheduled for March.

Not sure what to do (if anything) as not received anything from Tesla, as they say they can't speak to me and Zenith say everything is on track lol but I'm not confident as surely I would have received a text or something by now?

£33,820 Tesla Trade in
£34,810 Webuyanycar
£36,010 Motorway

From experience motorway are the best and accurate in what they offer. It's a straight forward selling through them.

I ordered mine through my company via Zenith and back in December I got an email from Tesla inviting me to finish setting up my account but not heard anything since.

I rang Zenith the other day and managed to get my RN number of them which was apparently assigned on the 21st Jan. I've since tried to ring Tesla CS but get told they can't speak to me because the lease authorisation hasn't been completed. When I rang Zenith to tell them they said they've sent all the documents already and delivery is still scheduled for March.

Not sure what to do (if anything) as not received anything from Tesla, as they say they can't speak to me and Zenith say everything is on track lol but I'm not confident as surely I would have received a text or something by now?
I'm leasing via Select Car Leasing. Ordered on the 4th, got the "set up your account" text on the 6th and RN on the 7th. Nothing since though, but it has only been 3 days for me! On the portal on the leasing website there's a number of other steps (id check, finance approval etc) that are apparently not done yet, although I was told finance was approved. So I'm really hoping that Tesla aren't waiting on SCL to do those bits before matching me.

Reactions: NSS89

I am in a similar position.

I have my RN number - Tesla are saying they can not speak with me; my lease company just says it 'should' be March.

Waiting game.

Reactions: NSS89
There will be over 800 cars at Southampton, lots of staff and apparently some event stands?

Tesla just called me to confirm everything is good for pickup.

Oh and she also said that there has been no official parcel shelf statement lol, she is going to look in to it and text me.
They told me mine hadn’t arrived (collecting on 19th) this morning! I bet if you called back youd get a different answer

Reactions: Silox

Can I ask if you ordered yours "from stock"? I have just placed my order through Zenith early this week, but if it's "from stock" in theory they should have pre-ordered the vehicle and it should be quick to deliver? Complete radio silence from Tesla so far, but then again it hasn't been that long now.

Not yet. Was told on here that it would be a couple of days after the first text. I'm in Scotland so at least a week for them too arrive from Southampton. No rush it will get here I'm sure.
Was offered 24th feb - 4th march in Scotland a week or so ago. I rang for other reasons today, and was able to get my reg number. Collecting on 2nd march, happy to confirm it is indeed a 22 plate.

:)

I know this isn't strictly on-topic, but reading about all the folks on here who ordered ages ago and still don't have a VIN, and knowing what we know about how Tesla build and match vehicles, I'm seeing some interesting things with lease deals and predicted RV's. The delta that some are seeing in their delivery times versus those with a slightly different build I think is explained somewhat by the fact that there are some insane leasing deals out there right now for vehicles with Gemini wheels, and particularly in White.

Big funders seem to have committed to order ALOT of these cars in Q1/Q2, and are betting on very good RV for 2-3 years time. Both the funders and Tesla face financial penalties if these "promised" sales don't go through in some form or another, and of course the funders haven't pre-ordered a bunch of Red multi-coat + 20" wheels because the abacus counters told them not to.

TLDR; sucky situation for those who ordered unicorn-poop builds, great for those who are now just hopping onto an "inventory" or base spec MY lease. Is it fair? Maybe not... but it's the way it is because Tesla. Worth bearing in mind however: RV prediction is just that, a prediction, and those of you who order unicorn-poop builds may find your car treats your bank balance better over the long term if there is a perception that the market is flooded with cars that look like 'fleet cars' comparatively.

I used to Motorway to sell my BMW - it was £2k ish more than WBAC (didn't bother to check with Telsa).

My experience was very good. It took some time to upload all the required pictures and had a few phone calls with their help desk (they needed more info and pictures), but once up and running the final buy price was higher (£400ish) than the estimate (even with one alloy scratch).

Collection was really easy and professional; they looked around the car and then transferred the money (the UK banking system was the only delay).
With Motorway, they've suggested an initial price based on model but mine has Acceleration Boost, EAP and towbar, none of which they know about yet. Do they revise the suggested price at some point once all the details are in and before it goes to the dealers to bid, and do I have to accept any offer that matches or beats the price they initially suggest? Looking at other prices of cars I'd suggest those 3 options add value to the car over and above a standard model, but I wouldn't want to go into it this and end up with the initial suggested price as I think its a bit light (but then I guess everyone thinks their car is special and worth more!) . I hope the question makes sense?

From Twitter: Why he didn’t walk over to see if he could see a parcel shelf is beyond me lol!!

Attachments

• 0DEA8310-666D-4355-A53A-789633B5C9A7.jpeg
    0DEA8310-666D-4355-A53A-789633B5C9A7.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 7C6DBC65-748D-4EC7-BAAC-1974F689FB1A.jpeg
    7C6DBC65-748D-4EC7-BAAC-1974F689FB1A.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 50
  • D8BE6009-4908-482B-824F-19727A1A42CC.jpeg
    D8BE6009-4908-482B-824F-19727A1A42CC.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 57
  • ECA65A27-6D6B-47D8-938C-F149A0CC0694.jpeg
    ECA65A27-6D6B-47D8-938C-F149A0CC0694.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 38187017-473F-4203-B2EF-EED22B696559.png
    38187017-473F-4203-B2EF-EED22B696559.png
    890.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Funny
Reactions: Pete UK and VX Foxy
Can I ask if you ordered yours "from stock"? I have just placed my order through Zenith early this week, but if it's "from stock" in theory they should have pre-ordered the vehicle and it should be quick to deliver? Complete radio silence from Tesla so far, but then again it hasn't been that long now.

I ordered mine back in November but by the time it was all approved etc it was mid December. I think you've got a good chance of being matched to current stock so would expect you to get it around March too.