Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MYLR journey to date:
- Ordered 10th Dec via Lex Lease
- 3rd Feb received a delivery date of 3rd March.
- 11th Feb received a registration plate/Vin No (it is a 22 plate)
- Long Range, Metallic silver, standard wheels, black interior

All looks good!
Leasing companies getting priority then. Same order as mine except I ordered 15 Oct 😕

Just had a call from Tesla re: Collection from Duxford;

Russell informed me;

1) They aim to hand the car over to you with "at least" 100 miles range on it and asked if that would be enough, I said yes to that as I live much closer.

2) I asked about bringing the V750 along to register it on private plates from day 1 and he's going to call back. He was going to check they had technicians available to fit the plates (I have them made up already), Although I said I could fit them myself it not. Maybe they have to (legally) confirm that they are on the vehicle before hand over. Maybe they won't do it. Who knows?

3) He said there will be a presentation that lasts about half an hour. Hmmm mysterious...

4) If you've paid in full - no need to bring "proof of wire transfer".

5) No need to bring proof of insurance.

6) If you're picking up for someone else and it's been approved by Tesla by email then just need your own driving licence. They just need to make sure they are giving the car to the right person.

Thats it for now. Will update if I hear more.

UPDATE (Edit: Got a reply and a couple other useful points I forgot from the phone call added above) :

Hi,
Just had it confirmed from one of my colleagues, sorry to disappoint, we will not be able to change the plates on delivery, the V5 will arrive to you by post 5 days after delivery, you will then be able to make the change.
Regards
Russell
Hello.

1) I have told the same
2) may not be possible as you need the v5c number to transfer the plate so you would have to wait a few days until its posted it to you
3)presentation most likely will be to tell you about the and how to drive and charge it etc. I had to do the same when I picked up my model 3) It took longer as we had a crazy person in the group asking the most stupid question. For example can I drive the car if its raining.
4) agreed
5) they checked my insurance docs when I picked up the model 3
6) I don't know about this bit.

Cheers

Reactions: Pete UK
My advice is try to get the timing right with regards to offer and increased offers; I needed the car so I had to wait the last minute and that costed me £2k.
Lastly get your M3 in order so they can’t negotiate, I’ve refurbished all the wheels with £300 including the wash and they couldn’t have a say.
Good luck
Did you refurbish the wheels at Tesla service, and if not where in London please? I managed to scratch three wheels’ rims during my two months of M3 ownership.

Last edited:
Except it does not really work well currently with multiple destinations:

Why would the person have multiple destinations? Sounds like @Bron wanted to get home from picking it up (one destination). If they put that destination in and the car will not make it home, it will automatically add in a supercharger stop with the necessary time to charge.

I speak as some who has a Model 3 currently and has done 1100km in a single day (twice) with a Eurotunnel crossing and three charge stops. It worked flawlessly when inputing the French final destination within the UK for all three stops.

Why would the person have multiple destinations? Sounds like @Bron wanted to get home from picking it up (one destination). If they put that destination in and the car will not make it home, it will automatically add in a supercharger stop with the necessary time to charge.

I speak as some who has a Model 3 currently and has done 1100km in a single day (twice) with a Eurotunnel crossing and three charge stops. It worked flawlessly when inputing the French final destination within the UK for all three stops.
that Reddit person was me. By multiple destinations I meant multiple waypoints on the way to one final destination. I also have a M3. It’s way off topic, but the bugs I described do exist. Just try a multi-point journey that would result in a supercharger anywhere before the 2nd last stop.

Why would the person have multiple destinations? Sounds like @Bron wanted to get home from picking it up (one destination). If they put that destination in and the car will not make it home, it will automatically add in a supercLaharger stop with the necessary time to charge.

Thanks again TiLaSoul. Yep just to home but I am a little nerdy with Google maps and always want to know what a diversion will give me so I will listen to the wee beastie but will check myself as well.

I ordered MY mudflaps as they were reportedly in stock 2 days ago and some other all weather mats, trunk side liners.
All bar the flaps arrived and I was told today that they are actually now out of stock.
I didnt realise there are only for the front and not the rear.

Tesla gave a better rate for the buyback of my existing vehicle. Although , there is a possible issue I have run into.
The existing vehicle is registered on my wife`s name. Tesla was booked under my name.
Would it be possible to exchange the vehicle with Tesla at all ?

Just had this email through:

1644599073803.png