Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it worth giving Tesla a call direct if I've ordered my MY LR via FleetPrices in Dec 21 who use Hitachi for the financing. My Master Hire agreement with Hitachicapital was fully completed in mid Jan and I was always given late feb - to early march for an estimated delivery. Now seeing everyone getting delivery dates to late March I'm getting twitchy I've not heard anything yet. I will be collecting from Southampton which looks to be one of the first delivery locations.

I got the below from the leasing broker Fleetprices earlier in the week when I questioned everyone else for early March deliveries were being contacted with delivery appointments. Is it just a case of waiting or should I be contacting someone else?

"Morning Chris,

Hope you are well.

Tesla is a little quirky compared to other brands.

With other brands, we are able to call the supplying dealer and they are able to track the progress and give us more accurate and regular updates. This is not the case with Tesla.

I have also heard from other dealers that some channels are being processed quicker, again very frustrating but something we have no control over.

The fact they are telling us late Feb for early March del means we are in a good position and hopeful that the vehicle is imminent.

If they were pushing it further back, I would be open to potentially re-ordering through a different funder with the hope of getting it quicker.

I can't see this being a viable option as we are so so close.

Sorry I can't shine any more light on the situation."

Also a quick question on peoples feelings re wheels. As I ordered through a leasing company I didn't get the option to customise the spec so my car is coming with the Gemini 19" with Aero hub caps.

I've gone for pearl white, like I have done for many of my cars and I like the dark contrasting wheels and roof look. So my options are:

1. Remove the aero hubs and get the Gemini alloys powder coated in matt black
  2. Buy Rimetrix Laminar black hub caps from the US, costing about £400 + with the using myUS for shipping and import duties
  3. Instead of £400+ on hub caps buy some aftermarket alloys and swap the tyres (any recommendations for aftermarket model y alloys?)
  4. Don't do anything and hopefully like the aero hub caps or silver alloys as stock

Also a quick question on peoples feelings re wheels. As I ordered through a leasing company I didn't get the option to customise the spec so my car is coming with the Gemini 19" with Aero hub caps.

I've gone for pearl white, like I have done for many of my cars and I like the dark contrasting wheels and roof look. So my options are:

2. Buy Rimetrix Laminar black hub caps from the US, costing about £400 + with the using myUS for shipping and import duties
  3. Instead of £400+ on hub caps buy some aftermarket alloys and swap the tyres (any recommendations for aftermarket model y alloys?)
  4. Don't do anything and hopefully like the aero hub caps or silver alloys as stock

You should've had the option to pick the colour, wheels, interior colour etc

I think best option would be hub caps or aftermarket alloys. If you powder coat the gemini's that come with it you will need to put them back as they were when you are handing the car back.

Going to have the Gemini's powder coated myself. Will keep the covers for long trips. Probably Anthracite or a Gunmetal Grey though not Black. Personal opinion but I've had lots of cars with black wheels, and they're everywhere these days. I've seen some mockups of Anthracite on the pearl white, and they look great because you can still differentiate where the alloy ends and the tyre starts, which helps with the whole visual proportions of the 19" wheels for me personally.

Reactions: ukmy
Managed to get through to Thomas at Chat

david
02:32 PM
Please can you check the position of RN115852xxx ordered on 15 October 2021?

Thomas
02:38 PM
No update as of yet I'm afraid, likely to hear more at the end of Feb/ start of March

Thomas
02:44 PM
We have to wait on more cars to come. The cars being delivered this weekend are all allocated and going to customers willing to collect now. I can see you elected to take the car in March. Therefore, you'll be part of the wave that comes in March which we've yet to have land in the UK.

Thomas
02:56 PM
Any feedback you have regarding the delivery process can be fed back to [email protected] with your RN if you wish to do so. The team will get back to you as soon as possible. Any further updates regarding your order will come as a SMS soon. Is there anything else I can advise on?

AND SO IT GOES ON! IT' LIKE TALKING TO BLOTTING PAPER!

Reactions: Ohsvageone
Is it worth giving Tesla a call direct if I've ordered my MY LR via FleetPrices in Dec 21 who use Hitachi for the financing. My Master Hire agreement with Hitachicapital was fully completed in mid Jan and I was always given late feb - to early march for an estimated delivery. Now seeing everyone getting delivery dates to late March I'm getting twitchy I've not heard anything yet. I will be collecting from Southampton which looks to be one of the first delivery locations.

I got the below from the leasing broker Fleetprices earlier in the week when I questioned everyone else for early March deliveries were being contacted with delivery appointments. Is it just a case of waiting or should I be contacting someone else?

"Morning Chris,

Hope you are well.

With other brands, we are able to call the supplying dealer and they are able to track the progress and give us more accurate and regular updates. This is not the case with Tesla.

I have also heard from other dealers that some channels are being processed quicker, again very frustrating but something we have no control over.

The fact they are telling us late Feb for early March del means we are in a good position and hopeful that the vehicle is imminent.

If they were pushing it further back, I would be open to potentially re-ordering through a different funder with the hope of getting it quicker.

My car is via Britannia Car Leasing but funded by Hitachi. My understanding was that Britannia made the order and had control over it, but when it comes to paying Hitachi would be invoiced.

Britannia got a weekly update from Tesla but made it clear that you never can tell with Tesla, but at least had someone to speak with in the leasing team there if they needed an update.

Managed to get through to Thomas at Chat

david
02:32 PM
Please can you check the position of RN115852xxx ordered on 15 October 2021?

Thomas
02:38 PM
No update as of yet I'm afraid, likely to hear more at the end of Feb/ start of March

Thomas
02:44 PM
We have to wait on more cars to come. The cars being delivered this weekend are all allocated and going to customers willing to collect now. I can see you elected to take the car in March. Therefore, you'll be part of the wave that comes in March which we've yet to have land in the UK.

Thomas
02:56 PM
Any feedback you have regarding the delivery process can be fed back to [email protected] with your RN if you wish to do so. The team will get back to you as soon as possible. Any further updates regarding your order will come as a SMS soon. Is there anything else I can advise on?

AND SO IT GOES ON! IT' LIKE TALKING TO BLOTTING PAPER!
Just for completeness, have you received a VIN and approx date?

Found one that said proudly "First for sale in the country!"

Let us all join in a slow clap for this very happy scalper.
Well at least we got some really good quality close up pics :)

Did anyone else notice that yellow bit on the Inductions? Looks like a square of spray paint. Does anyone know what that is? I assume it comes off easily but I'm surprised it was left on for delivery (or, given the lack of PDI, maybe I'm not surprised)

1645024679751.png

Reactions: Casss
Well at least we got some really good quality close up pics :)

Did anyone else notice that yellow bit on the Inductions? Looks like a square of spray paint. Does anyone know what that is? I assume it comes off easily but I'm surprised it was left on for delivery (or, given the lack of PDI, maybe I'm not surprised)

View attachment 769769
Those marks match the tyre and wheel balance points.

Going to have the Gemini's powder coated myself. Will keep the covers for long trips. Probably Anthracite or a Gunmetal Grey though not Black. Personal opinion but I've had lots of cars with black wheels, and they're everywhere these days. I've seen some mockups of Anthracite on the pearl white, and they look great because you can still differentiate where the alloy ends and the tyre starts, which helps with the whole visual proportions of the 19" wheels for me personally.
Hi Cass, yer I agree on gun metal grey and not a true black. Do you think fitting and removing the covers will scuff up the powder coating with how the covers fit inside the rim?

Reactions: VX Foxy
You should've had the option to pick the colour, wheels, interior colour etc

I think best option would be hub caps or aftermarket alloys. If you powder coat the gemini's that come with it you will need to put them back as they were when you are handing the car back.
If I wanted March delivery I had to go with their stock build. Think all of the financing lease dealers were pulling from the same 100 stock units with different body colours. I could of customised but would have had to wait 3-6 months longer. I had already committed to getting rid of my Velar so needed something quicker.

Reactions: NSS89
Hi Cass, yer I agree on gun metal grey and not a true black. Do you think fitting and removing the covers will scuff up the powder coating with how the covers fit inside the rim?
That's a very good question. I believe the clips are plastic not metal, so as long as the powder coaters do a good job and there is a decent amount of clear on there, it should be fine. I've seen videos and some posts over on the model Y subreddit (and on the Tesla owners discord) of folks in the states who have plasti-dipped theirs, and seem to suggest they remove and put the covers back on as and when they need to. How true that is I don't know, but time will tell. Some detailed pics of the back of the covers would answer this for us - hopefully someone will post some soon.

You could also plastidip the alloys or hub caps to achieve the black look. It's easily removable so non destructive. Plenty of you tube videos on the process. End results look good and easy to do. Also cheap to do.

"Morning Chris,

Hope you are well.

I'm with Hitachi and got a similar email today from my leasing company. I have a feeling that after me chasing them - they'll be chasing me to offload a scuffed up, pre-regged 21 plate car that someone else refused delivery off and acting like they have moved mountains to get for me 🤭 I'll wait - thanks!