Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Model Y Check list.pdf
    135.6 KB · Views: 128
Can someone tell me how long is the gap between the text to book the delivery date and the final invoice turning up?

I now have a collection date of 4 March and am keen to get my insurance sorted. This needs a reg number which I understand is on the final invoice.

So it would be helpful to know when I can get the registration number.

Thanks

Reactions: danny-85
I think one person said a guy on the delivery team said it would be ‘spectacular’.
From there on everyone’s imagination ran wild 😂
At Duxford we arrived early and were told we could head up to the cafe and get a coffee. (It was just the regular cafe there.) So all 3 of us did; got a coffee and a bun but had to pay!
Later, after a while I overheard a Tesla guy say they had a tab up there 🤦🏻‍♂️
I didn’t see any merchandise on sale. The venue was pretty cool and you could have a look around the museum but there wasn’t really anything really ‘spectacular’ like fireworks or a spitfire fly by !
The presentation was about what Tesla is up to and you could ask questions but no one really did.
You can skip the presentation if you like you won’t miss much.
The cars arrived that morning and the Tesla delivery team must have been up at the crack of dawn. They were all very helpful and had the time to help you get in your car, set up the phone key for you, explain a few things, answer any questions and get you on your way.
It will be spetacular for me because It is my first EV and the most expensive I ever bought in my life (certainly the last one, I have run out of money ahaha). Most of the time I have bought 2 to 3 year old second hand cars.

Can someone tell me how long is the gap between the text to book the delivery date and the final invoice turning up?

I now have a collection date of 4 March and am keen to get my insurance sorted. This needs a reg number which I understand is on the final invoice.

Thanks
You can quote for insurance on the description alone and that quote is valid until you get the car, you just can't pay for it until you get the registration. You get that a few days before delivery.

Thanks
If you have been given a collection date, I think that means they have allocated a VIN and a reg. Try calling the Tesla number, option 4. About a 20 minute wait to get through, best after about 16.00. They ought to be able to give you the reg.

Reactions: amcneil123
Reactions: drewpost
Finally got a delivery date (March 15-29th.... literally just sneeking into the end of the quarter) - slightly disappointed as I ordered day 1 (Blue, black interior and inductions). Anyway - question I have is - I have applied for and been approved for the Tesla loan. However since this occurred there has been a change to my financial situation so plan to pay off entire amount before collection. Has anyone cancelled the loan and will this delay my collection date?
Likewise, just had my account updated with estimated delivery date of 15th to 29th March and I also ordered on day 1 (blue, black with Geminis). Whilst I would have liked an earlier delivery date in March, I'm just relieved that it's not going to be May!
Seems like they are starting to allocate London orders?

In the source code my PendingVin": null has changed to:
pendingVin": "A VIN will be assigned to your order as soon as a vehicle that matches your configuration is available. After you get your VIN, you will be able to make your final payment
A good sign I hope after a long 'dead' period
FWIW I never looked at pending vin, but searched for "vin": because its this field that populates with the VIN itself.

E.g.:
"vin":"LRWYHCEK8******"

My pending vin is still null and I'm confirmed to collect on 2nd March at 10am.