Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will do Sparky 👍

BTW I did ask if I could plug the MY into the Supercharger while doing the checks, and they didn't like the idea.
The supercharger is right next to their Admin Desk at Bluewater. I can't see it making any difference to them ... they had me sign for the car before I'd even looked at it, maybe other folk insist on checking it first (in which case you won't be able to drive it, 'coz AFAIK drive is automatically "enabled" only when you digitally-sign).

I moved it to Supercharger (it was 30% charged) whilst I checked it over, carted my clobber from trade-in across, and fiddled with all the preferences, and in case the Supercharger stalls all got filled up.

Reactions: hairysteve
So, looks like Tesla owes me £52k haha.

Anyone else this? The finance company paid out and my account is showing £52k credit.

Attachments

• F25775DC-A516-43A8-BFA9-1976CF5ECE7F.png
    F25775DC-A516-43A8-BFA9-1976CF5ECE7F.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 62
Have you received them yet? Wondering whether you've bene charged import tax and if so, how much?
@Maka344 They are due to arrive Tuesday next week (15th March). So pretty quick delivery. They use UPS Worldwide Expedited and were shipped about a day after I ordered them (8th March). The $135 is the standard UPS fee given the dimension / weight of the package: 10lbs, 21x21x11 Inches. When I ordered them the note about 'not including import tax' was not on their website - hence I assumed the whopping $135 delivery fee included ALL fees including Import tax. However, they subsequently updated the website (as per another post on this thread) explicitly saying import tax is extra. I've gone ahead with the order - but never paid that high level shipping ratio at those prices before when shipping from US. Oh well. Needs must. No idea what the import tax will be - guessing 20% of total cost (including shipping).

Last edited:
I am collecting my MY next week from NEC. It's a huge site with many entrances/ car parks. Anyone know where specifically to go for collection?
They send you a what3words location nearer the time which you can use. Unless it’s moved they also have their own hall number which is just about as far away from the railway station as you can get (ask me how I know!)

• Funny
Reactions: hairysteve
Week away from delivery and I have to visit the hospital.. their car park has shitty kerbs on both sides - kerbed *both sides* of the car driving into it.

Luckily I have some touch up paint.. hope it's enough, I only paid for a complete refurb on those rims a fortnight ago.

Hope the Y rims are made of something slightly more resilient than week old cheese..

Week away from delivery and I have to visit the hospital.. their car park has shitty kerbs on both sides - kerbed *both sides* of the car driving into it.

Luckily I have some touch up paint.. hope it's enough, I only paid for a complete refurb on those rims a fortnight ago.

Hope the Y rims are made of something slightly more resilient than week old cheese..
I can confirm that MY's Geminis are made with chalk as I scraped them recently and very easily.