Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I collected yesterday from
Bluewater. All straight forward for me and I used the online checklist. Some alignment issues and a scratch on the passenger chair.
All the superchargers near the desk were taken but there are another 4 near the entrance 100 meters away so used those.

So far I’m so pleased. It’s so ludicrously fast. I haven’t brought myself to run the light show - tried it last night but we turned it off as we thought it may wake the kids!

Thanks for all your help on here - tips, thoughts and guidance.

Mine are still white after 5500 miles, despite having a dog, kid and wearing blue jeans.

I did put leather sealant on the seats as soon as I got it though, highly recommend this stuff:

Dodo Juice Supernatural SNLS250 Leather Sealant Protection Spray 250 ml Dodo Juice Supernatural SNLS250 Leather Sealant Protection Spray 250 ml : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

Dodo Juice SNLC500 Supernatural Leather Cleaner Spray for Vinyl and Leather, 500 ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DS44STE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_A4Q7927NQJVQ8CJ0SS74

Do have to clean them more often than black though.
She who must just called up the stairs with "Dodo what?!" Must have thought I was talking about myself.

Thank you for that. I will adopt your approach. Have you taken any other car care measures like PPF or protective coating?

• Funny
Reactions: teaston
I collected yesterday from
Bluewater. All straight forward for me and I used the online checklist. Some alignment issues and a scratch on the passenger chair.
All the superchargers near the desk were taken but there are another 4 near the entrance 100 meters away so used those.

So far I’m so pleased. It’s so ludicrously fast. I haven’t brought myself to run the light show - tried it last night but we turned it off as we thought it may wake the kids!

Thanks for all your help on here - tips, thoughts and guidance.
Congratulations. Mine will be a Bluewater collection also. Do they need charging on collection?

Paint defects will not be accepted after you've covered 100 miles, it's been that way for a while.

Paint defects will not be accepted after you've covered 100 miles, it's been that way for a while.
Is it not possible to have obvious defects logged before leaving Bluewater? How would they differentiate between minor damage during the first 100 miles and that which came with the car? Do pay for swirl removal? I hear that these can be cause during the pre handover prep.

These conversations seem a little surreal since they involve quite expensive brand new cars but then again, do w miss dealers?

There are a number of checklists, the one I liked, but can't remember where I read it (not helpful, sorry, but I remember the principle), is the priority is to check areas where you could possibly cause damage yourself after you drive off. So panel gaps, seat adjustments, failed interior lights, washer jets not firing, headlight alignment and water in lights etc are all things that would be warranty items later, ne real debate and you'd probably take the car regardless, whereas a scuffed alloy, stone chips, scratches in the paint and damage to the seats, they're all things you could possibly cause yourself and so could lead to a debate. They're the things to focus on while there.

Oh, that and numbers plates front and back match!

Seems pretty logical and quicker. I guess their 100 mile range thing is their attempt to avoid it too.

Reactions: Wattsisname
There are a number of checklists, the one I liked, but can't remember where I read it (not helpful, sorry, but I remember the principle), is the priority is to check areas where you could possibly cause damage yourself after you drive off. So panel gaps, seat adjustments, failed interior lights, washer jets not firing, headlight alignment and water in lights etc are all things that would be warranty items later, ne real debate and you'd probably take the car regardless, whereas a scuffed alloy, stone chips, scratches in the paint and damage to the seats, they're all things you could possibly cause yourself and so could lead to a debate. They're the things to focus on while there.

Oh, that and numbers plates front and back match!

Seems pretty logical and quicker. I guess their 100 mile range thing is their attempt to avoid it too.
Makes sense.

She who must just called up the stairs with "Dodo what?!" Must have thought I was talking about myself.

Thank you for that. I will adopt your approach. Have you taken any other car care measures like PPF or protective coating?
Haha, Dodo Juice are one of the best detailing product companies, and they’re British!

I don’t bother with ceramic or ppf, I use this stuff which gives similar benefits to ceramic but far easier to apply! Also can be used to clean the car if it’s only light summer dirt:

SONAX 287400 Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer, 750 ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007O9C...i_i_T5KYF50670ZPS35ZTSNW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Wattsisname
I notice that your M3 has white seats which I have on order for my red Y. Have they worn well? Have they remained bright with a regular wipe down? I still have time to change and "She who must......" prefers the black seats; she is probably concerned, at some level, about deterioration and cleaning difficulty (for me of course).

I have not had to wait for a new car since my first MGB when I was 23; four weeks of nervy anticipation financing quandaries and fevered dreams of red cars - it was the same back then:rolleyes: .
I can reassure you that after 236 miles, my white seats are still looking incredible.

• Funny
Reactions: teaston
whilst I instinctively took "full send" to checking out the 0 to 60

I'm pretty sure WOT (Wide open throttle), from my youth, would be lost on today's EV-driving youths ...

Is it not possible to have obvious defects logged before leaving Bluewater?

At the pinch-point, at end of quarter, sites that shift plenty of cars (I expect Bluewater is one of them - they had 250 new cars there when I collected, and that was just the underground car park deck) will be moving 200+ cars a day. That's 2.5 minutes a car ... I think the aim is not to clog up the "Here's your keys" :) process, and allow reporting a bit later (and run the risk that some paint damage on the way home has to be solved under should-have-done-PDI