Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I ordered a MY P in December from octopus lease scheme. Date has moved twice (I never believed the first date anyway). At the time the tesla store said June delivery for the P. Do any insiders know when MY Ps start shipping to UK
I believe the MYP's will be the first MIG cars - hence the delay here as Berlin opened later than they expected.

Most other Y's for the UK will come from China in the short - medium term I think.

they’ve left all the links for the items intact, apart from the keyfob case from amazon.

I expect that all Amazon links are automatically altered (to include TMC Affiliate Code), so that they make a fraction of a penny on each purchase - if so that might have been the reason (i.e. before your post was merged with the other thread ... and back again!). It does the site a favour when Amazon links are used whenever available ...

so weird that this forum only allows you to edit posts for a few minutes after you post them

Editing posts would be fine if everyone was honest ... "rewriting history" is a nightmare for threaded conversations ... and moderators. I'll be interested to see how Elon gets on with the Twitter Edit button 🤓

You could ask for your (very helpful) list post to be converted to a WIKI, which would then allow editing.

There is also a "Supporting Membership" level which allows editing of 1st post.

Last edited:
Reactions: teaston
I'm hugely impressed with the MY too. The ride is fine after I was primed for the worst after reading various shallow reviews (were the press cars faulty or just the hacks?)

Maybe the press cars had carlos-fandango wheels? Link added for our younger viewers :)

Surely it would make sense to use Berlin for UK cars if Shanghai is becoming a prolonged lockdown?

I suspect that Berlin will sell all-it-can-make LHD, and more profit / benefit from Berlin producing those, for local market, to avoid China-transport cost on the majority. As China is making RHD for other territories, Japan, Australia, as well as GB / Ireland, then maybe it will make more sense to keep RHD production in China. The rumours I hear is that first RHD from Berlin will be Performance. Not sure why the performance, specifically, would be first but maybe marketing of P-models in Europe exceeds other markets, and thus manufacturing all Ps in Berlin (perhaps even stopping making P-Models in China?) is either most lucrative or highest-throughput on production lines. All supposition based on no actual data and my poor knowledge of logistics and marketing!

Reactions: frasax and Peteski
I expect that all Amazon links are automatically altered (to include TMC Affiliate Code), so that they make a fraction of a penny on each purchase - if so that might have been the reason (i.e. before your post was merged with the other thread ... and back again!). It does the site a favour when Amazon links are used whenever available ...

Editing posts would be fine if everyone was honest ... "rewriting history" is a nightmare for threaded conversations ... and moderators. I'll be interested to see how Elon gets on with the Twitter Edit button 🤓

You could ask for your (very helpful) list post to be converted to a WIKI, which would then allow editing.

There is also a "Supporting Membership" level which allows editing of 1st post.
They actually emailed back today asking if I want it to me made into a wiki! 😁

Hi I ordered a MY P in December from octopus lease scheme. Date has moved twice (I never believed the first date anyway). At the time the tesla store said June delivery for the P. Do any insiders know when MY Ps start shipping to UK
When I visited the Showroom, the SA said that the MYP would not start shipping from Berlin until they had made the LHD cars. End 2022 earliest.

How did you find it ?

Just came bk from the test drive of MY-19in

All in all pretty amazed at how smooth it was. I'll caveat by saying I'm driving a 320d M sport right now so I'm used to lower suspensions and stuff. The car is super quiet. And the handling around corners considering its a 4x4 is pretty solid.

I also tried the autopilot on for a cheeky few streets and it is pretty cool. I literally kept my foot hovered above brake just in case but otherwise I trusted it. It'll take time to fully trust it to only have one hand on the wheel and not constantly have "Elon Musk is a God" religious mental chants to ensure the car doesn't indeed slow down when it needs to.

Whenever i needed to view the rear mirror I was fine with it, never really struggled with the visibility that people claim. And yeah it's just an LR but the pick up acceleration was pretty good. Had to overtake a few cyclists on the way and felt pretty confident.

But yeah overall super smooth and I'm glad I reserved it! Just the higher elevation is brilliant cos I'm so used to lower cars and I just wanted a change.

I had ordered a P on day mid October and changed to LR because of delays. There is a separate thread (MYP UK waiting room) on here, you might find more information there

I took my wife’s Tiguan R Line current shape (but pre face lift) out for a drive today, and the ride in it is definitely no smoother than my MY!

Pretty sure most of the motoring press said the Tiguan is pretty much the perfect family car when it came out, so I don’t know why they were so unhappy with the ride in the MY.

Company ordered my Y a couple weeks back, Silver (*Grey) with inductions. When they ordered it, the Tesla site indicated May as arrival, about 5 days later it changed to July!

Already sent my RS4 back so am currently carless until delivery.

I'll admit I am not the biggest Tesla fan. Despite being a developer and loving tech, the entirely minimalist looks still feels off to me. Nonetheless, it was the only electric car with that level of performance within my price band, so unless I wanted to be crawling to 60, it will do for now.

The issue was that the reviewers had 20" Model LRs with tyres overinflated. Which compounded to make it a rougher ride. On 19" tyres at 42PSI ride the so much smoother. Although I have been in a 20" one with 42PSI and it is noticeable more firm (jumpy/uncomfortable) compared to 19". That 1" makes a difference :p But 20" is not terrible .. just not as relaxing, but certainly not bad

The issue was that the reviewers had 20" Model LRs with tyres overinflated. Which compounded to make it a rougher ride. On 19" tyres at 42PSI ride the so much smoother. Although I have been in a 20" one with 42PSI and it is noticeable more firm (jumpy/uncomfortable) compared to 19". That 1" makes a difference :p But 20" is not terrible .. just not as relaxing, but certainly not bad
I have driven both 19” & 20” at 42psi, and there is no discernible difference.

The Five Stages of having your delivery window delayed

Stage1: Denial
What? no that's a mistake if I just refresh the browser it will go back. Hmm. Maybe again....

Stage2: Anger
They can't do that! that was a guaranteed estimated delivery window. They can't just change it.
I wanted it when I go to that thing to impress everyone and now I will lose my trade in price.
Its not fair.

Stage3: Bargaining
What if I change the wheels or switch to white? that will move it sooner surely? How about if I buy FSD?

Stage4: Depression
what am I going to do now. How will I manage without a model Y for an extra 3 weeks! Probably won't be the first one on the road now and if I don't get all those accessories out of the spare room soon my wife is going to divorce me.

Stage5: Acceptance
Oh well. I guess I can live with this old Model 3 a bit longer.
The dog has survived in the boot this long. A couple more weeks probably wont kill him.
This is now me, pushed back 20 days to

May 28 - June 25​